TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Oh, no bad tone at all! I'm quite excited for the project! I think the size of the plot of land, and the ideas you could do with the current layout, we could be looking at a definite contender to take over as best ride in the park!

At this point, I would almost go so far as to say any RMC project on the books can be considered a contender to be one of the best rides in the world. Not that they necessarily are or Cyclone will be, but I think they all have that potential.

I don't know if this is a chain or park policy but in GAdv, I regularly get re-rides without walking around on dead days. Me and my friend got 14 rides in a row on El Toro without getting off last week. This is the one thing I really wish CF parks would do and it annoys the poo-poo out of me that they make you walk around on dead days. Absolutely no reason for it when no one is there.

I was at Six Flags Magic Mountain a few years back when the ride ops were literally begging people to stay on rides like Riddler's Revenge and Goliath where they were having trouble getting the minimum number of people required for them to dispatch the train.

I really want to believe that SFNE will get an RMC makeover for Cyclone! Cyclone has always had an interesting layout and first drop. Lots of wide turns for over banks. I hope we get the inverting first drop like MexiMedusa.

I can see it now, bright white structure, bright red rails and some shining new American Flag rolling stock.

Steel Cyclone in 2015? Yesssss!

I hope they announce that they're taking the new Goliath train, melting it down, burying it somewhere on the other side of the world and then salting the earth so nothing will ever grow there.

... But essentially confirming Iron Cyclone would be cool too.

I don't think SFNE will replace Twister with anything big. It's a pretty small pad that's out of the way. SFNE has never shown much interest in replacing the rides it removes... if the empty pad isn't blatantly obvious a replacement seems really unlikely.

Edited by coasterbill

While I'm not a big fan of swinging ships, that would be a nice addition in Twister's spot.

Also, does the park still have Nightwing and Rodeo on site? They reinstalled Joker's Wildcard after it was removed for a few years, so maybe they could do the same thing with one of those two rides.

Dang it, I was hoping for an inverting flat or sorts so the park can finally regain what they lost. Also, putting a roll on the drop would be hard to pull off, not to mention it is fantastic as is. Slowing the ride down by adding a roll would take all the fun out of it and the coaster would loose its claim to fame.

While I'm not a big fan of swinging ships, that would be a nice addition in Twister's spot.

Also, does the park still have Nightwing and Rodeo on site? They reinstalled Joker's Wildcard after it was removed for a few years, so maybe they could do the same thing with one of those two rides.

I would like to clarify as the park actually does still have nightwing in storage but I'm not sure about rodeo, their are a couple other rides in storage that we are not sure about but timewarp is speculated to also be in storage.

So the announcement leaked through a local radio station and while I don't want to ruin the parks attempt for a surprise I'd like to say that next year you should expect one of the largest capital expansions in SFNE history, check the parks twitter @sf_newengland tomorrow morning for the announcement!

So the announcement leaked through a local radio station and while I don't want to ruin the parks attempt for a surprise I'd like to say that next year you should expect one of the largest capital expansions in SFNE history, check the parks twitter @sf_newengland tomorrow morning for the announcement!

Jeez. Zip ya lips Mr. Local Radio. The General Public hates spoilers.

I would like to clarify as the park actually does still have nightwing in storage but I'm not sure about rodeo, their are a couple other rides in storage that we are not sure about but timewarp is speculated to also be in storage.

Nightwing is not coming back, she confirmed that. There is only pieces of the ride left in storage.

Nightwing is not coming back, she confirmed that. There is only pieces of the ride left in storage.

As you will find out soon, she doesn't always tell the truth/is allowed too.....