TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

^Depends on if you are going on a weekend or weekday. If you are going on a weekend I would suggest getting a gold Flash Pass as this past season the weekend crowds were crazier than in years past. I only see the crowds getting larger, now that SFNE is marketing heavily in the Boston area, they never used to market there.

On a weekday, you would be fine with just a regular Flash Pass. Unless you are a huge credit whore, you could spend a few hours in the water park. Although it will probably be even more crowded with the new expansion.

To answer your question though, I think you would get the most out of the park by being there from opening to 6pm.

Every time we've been there this season the lines have been very manageable (and we went on weekends every time). Plan on an hour for Goliath and 30 minutes or less for everything else.

Keep in mind that you have to have a platinum or gold flash pass to use it for Goliath. There is a single rider line but you need to get through quite a few switchbacks to get there. Bizarro has a single rider line right near the entrance so you can walk right in to the station.

Also, just a tip... if you're a huge whore and insist on riding Mind Eraser, ride near the middle. It's painful but not as painful as the front or back. Flashback and Cyclone suck in every seat.

Question for SFNE regulars - assuming you have a Flash pass, what's a decent amount of time to spend in the park to cover the rides, maybe a couple of rides on the big coasters? Planning my trip next year - I'm looking at a 3.5 hour drive after leaving the park so won't be able to stay until close but will be there at opening.

Consider getting a hotel room in Enfield, CT for the night. It's just a few minutes away from the park, and the motel 6 is cheaper than a flash pass.

Keep in mind that you have to have a platinum or gold flash pass to use it for Goliath. There is a single rider line but you need to get through quite a few switchbacks to get there. Bizarro has a single rider line right near the entrance so you can walk right in to the station.

Also, just a tip... [...] Cyclone suck in every seat.

Only platinum Flash Pass holders can use it for Goliath. Which kind of sucks, maybe it will be different next year though. Bizarro's single rider line can be there one day and be gone the next, it varies on attendance.

I disagree about Cyclone sucking in every seat. It's smoothest in the front. If you want an insane (but rough) ride then ride in the back.

^Depends on if you are going on a weekend or weekday. If you are going on a weekend I would suggest getting a gold Flash Pass as this past season the weekend crowds were crazier than in years past. I only see the crowds getting larger, now that SFNE is marketing heavily in the Boston area, they never used to market there.

On a weekday, you would be fine with just a regular Flash Pass. Unless you are a huge credit whore, you could spend a few hours in the water park. Although it will probably be even more crowded with the new expansion.

To answer your question though, I think you would get the most out of the park by being there from opening to 6pm.

Thanks - it's likely to be the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend so I imagine the place will be packed, and a gold Flash Pass is already in the budget. We will have gold season passes which supposedly feature some sort of early entry, although I haven't seen what this benefit will actually involve.

But if we can be there from opening until 6 and still get on everything that should work well.

Consider getting a hotel room in Enfield, CT for the night. It's just a few minutes away from the park, and the motel 6 is cheaper than a flash pass.

Cheers - I'd already earmarked the Red Roof in Enfield for our stay the night before, glad to hear this is a good idea. If we arrive early enough the day before we might even be able to squeeze in a few hours at the park before close.

Thanks - it's just me and my brother so we can definitely use single rider lines if it'll save us some time. Are these generally quicker than a flash pass (on the rides that have both available)?

Anyway, did any of you hear about the parking lot incident this past weekend?

That's why I always park at one of the private lots south of the parking lot entrance. Cheaper, shorter walk to the park, and no traffic getting out.

...We will have gold season passes which supposedly feature some sort of early entry, although I haven't seen what this benefit will actually involve.

I'm pretty sure that gold is going to give 10 minute early entry, which I guess is better than nothing. The rides probably won't be dispatched before actual opening, but you can snag a spot for the front of Bizarro without having to run with all the GP.

• 2 weeks later...

From Screamscape:

Park News - (11/9/12) Screamscape sources have confirmed that SFNE has also removed all of their SmarteCart lockers from throughout the park and waterpark.

Could this mean something similar could happen to all the other Six Flags properties?

That's great news!

I was starting to think this year that this policy may have been costing them money. For example, we never used to leave Six Flags New England without buying a huge bag of kettle corn in Crackaxle Canyon and we would usually play a game or two. Since they put this locker policy in place we never bought that, played any games or bought any souvenirs because if you bought anything from them you were punished by having to walk to the car (nothing fits in those l0ckers). Most people suggest that we buy things on the way out, but usually we get in line for Bizarro at like 9:55 and by the time we get off the ride everything is closed anyway so this isn't a possibility.

When we were at Great Adventure for Fright Fest we saw one woman screaming at two security guards because she had won a huge stuffed dog (the thing was bigger than she was) and she had to leave the park because she wasn't allowed to ride anything else all night and they wouldn't waive the no re-entry after 8PM policy for her. I'll never forget it because at one point I guess the security guard told her she was allowed to ride Rolling Thunder and Skull Mountain and she screamed out "F**K ROLLING THUNDER AND SKULL MOUNTAIN" which my group found hilarious. I assume that they removed the locker policy because they saw their merchandise and games numbers go way down... obviously this is a financial decision so that's all I can think of. I'm surprised that they did away with the l0cker policy completely (I'm not complaining), I thought they might just allow storage of items purchased from Six Flags (besides just souvenir cups) but keep the locker policy in place for things that people brought in.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but do we know if the lockers are gone for good, or could they be switching out the current lockers for newer ones or from another storage company? Afterall, they may have been overpriced in the waterpark, but a ton of people still depended on them (there was always a long line to rent a unit). Despite assisting in emptying your wallet faster, the storage units at the rides did seem to help station operations go smoother, and there was an element of security knowing that the chances of item theft significantly decreases with them. Whether it was enough to make the system worth it, I don't know, but I guess we'll find out. If ride lockers are gone for good, then that's arguably good news, and I'd be interested in what the new (or recycled) loose article policy will be.

^ Exactly. I think some people are interpreting this the wrong way, the rumor isn't that the policy is going away, it's that SmarteCarts are. In a recent offseason update, SFGAm confirmed that "locker replacements" were going on within the park. I would expect the parks that still make you use lockers to continue to do so, they'll just be from a different company.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After looking around on the internet, I found this picture!

I am not sure if this picture has already been posted in this thread, or on these forums, or already seen multiple times. So if that has happened, I apologize in advance!