TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I'm so frustrated for the park. It wasn't a huge issue, only took 24 mins to fix and was just a safety sensor malfunctioning, but the bad publicity is just going to hound this ride and the park for as long as they keep it around. I feel like they got stuck with this thing and now it's a weight around their necks. Hope they can prevent it from doing this again, but knowing Mondial rides that probably is out of the question.

The only reason It came her is because cal OSHA didn't like the ladders, it was never confirmed that they fixed the problems. The only thing different now is that they have an evac basket. Also it got stuck last Monday too. For the same amount of time and the same height. And it's hilarious that the woman was complaining about the music. When I went I could barely hear it. People are just wanting drama. It's human nature. This incident isn't even that big of a deal considering what actually happened

Oh yea. Way to shirt of a ride. You don't get enough time to enjoy the view.

I just keep my eyes wide open and try to get as many views as I can. Normally at Cedar Point, if the line isn't too long, I normally do a morning ride (after Wicked Twister/maXair) and then a night ride (after GateKeeper.)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be visiting WOF next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. If somebody could help me out with the following questions it would be much appreciated:

1) I'll be getting Fast Lane passes when I get to the park. The Fast Lane+ is only if I want to ride water rides correct? It adds no additional land rides benefit with FL+? I am mainly interested in Mamba, Prowler, and Patriot. Any other tips for using the Fast Pass lines?

2) I already have my tickets but my family members there don't. Is there any place local that has cheaper prices than at the gate? Maybe Sam's or Costco?

Edit - I see WOF tickets at Price Chopper for $31.99 dangit, cheaper than what I paid with my work discount. Oh well.... I would assume that's the best deal?

3) Same question for Schiltterbahn - any local discounts available?

TIA,

To won't need fast lane. They get you into the station which is where the lines usually are. If you go to thr local gas stations you should find better deals on tickets

I see a few pages back that you recommended getting a Fast Pass on a weekday in July. I suppose it's hit and miss, I'll just gauge line lengths and take it from there.

Can you discount Schiltterbahn tickets locally or just WOF?

Thanks again,

Hmm I thought that post was about a weekend.

I'm not sure about discounting tickets. I am only thirteen I don't do money stuff yet. But you might find discounted tickets at gas stations.

I just saw a little thing about orient express. Was it true that it stood 217 feet tall? And it derailed? Sorry if I'm acting stupid,I really never knew anything about the ride

To won't need fast lane. They get you into the station which is where the lines usually are. If you go to thr local gas stations you should find better deals on tickets

I see a few pages back that you recommended getting a Fast Pass on a weekday in July. I suppose it's hit and miss, I'll just gauge line lengths and take it from there.

Can you discount Schiltterbahn tickets locally or just WOF?

Worlds of Fun really never has lines during the week, even in the summer. It's really a local park, and no one is going to take off work to go on a weekday. Kansas City's not a huge tourist destination either, so weekdays you shouldn't need the Fast Lane. Weekends you definitely will if you plan on hitting all 7 coasters as well as some of the flats too. Detonator is very much worth riding. Sorry, but I'm not aware of any Schlitterbahn discounts.

A Kansas City mom says her son got a concussion after riding the Timber Wolf roller coaster at Worlds of Fun.

Latoya Wilson said her 11-year-old son had to be rushed to the hospital after he hit his nose and face on the ride and suffered a bloody nose.

Just found out about this incident. Very sad. Well from what I see they are heavily retracking timber wolf right now in many spots. I'm not sure but could this be the end of TW.

You can find out more info at kmbc9.com

Latoya Wilson said her 11-year-old son had to be rushed to the hospital after he hit his nose and face on the ride and suffered a bloody nose.

Translation: "I saw blood, and then I saw dollar signs."

Seriously, people get bloody noses all the time. I find the concussion diagnosis suspect. "Come here little Dallas Collier (her son's name), let me hit you in the head with a baseball bat before we go to the hospital so we can get some money out of this."

Here's the full Timberwolf "accident" story: http://www.kctv5.com/story/26137906/mom-says-son-got-concussion-on-worlds-of-fun-roller-coaster

Kinda sketchy if you ask me. The guest was cleared by park EMTs and yet the Mom called 911 an hour later? Hope the kid was okay but this smells like a cash grab.

That said, WoF needs to do something with Timberwolf. Perhaps RMC. It's a photogenic ride, but needs help desperately. It seems okay at first...and then you walk across the park and take a lap on Prowler. That instantly puts a huge spotlight on Timberwolf's deterioration.

I mean you know it's bad when you have signs like this at the ride entrance:

Do hope they come up with something though. The rising triple helix finale is unique, fun and worth saving.

It is a very special coaster to people like me. I absolutely do not want to see it go away. Just cedar fair needs to I vesta big amount of money completely retracting the whole ride especially the drop and turns. But from what I have seem from steelhawk, timberwolf will be riding good again.

Here's the full Timberwolf "accident" story: http://www.kctv5.com/story/26137906/mom-says-son-got-concussion-on-worlds-of-fun-roller-coaster

Kinda sketchy if you ask me. The guest was cleared by park EMTs and yet the Mom called 911 an hour later? Hope the kid was okay but this smells like a cash grab.

That said, WoF needs to do something with Timberwolf. Perhaps RMC. It's a photogenic ride, but needs help desperately. It seems okay at first...and then you walk across the park and take a lap on Prowler. That instantly puts a huge spotlight on Timberwolf's deterioration.

I mean you know it's bad when you have signs like this at the ride entrance:

Do hope they come up with something though. The rising triple helix finale is unique, fun and worth saving.

I think if Cedar Fair decides to go with RMC, Timberwolf would be one of the woodies that Cedar Fair should do a RMC Hybird treatment.

Yea it seems lie, something they would do. I mean seriously they would try out something new here because if it went bad it won't hurt there big money maker parks like cedar point. But nothing would go bad with an RMC

Went to WOF/OOF on Tuesday, July 29th. Arrived right at opening (10AM) and bought some Fast Lane+ passes.

We rode:

SteelHawk x1

Patriot x2

Prowler x2

Zulu x1

Mamba x2

Fury of the Nile x1

Viking Voyager x1

Cyclone Sams x1

Spinning Dragons x1

Timber Wolf was closed but we'd been on that and Boomerang a few years ago and didn't plan on riding them anyway.

Around 3PM my sons (17 and 20) headed over to OOF and got in 7 quick rides on the Predator's Plunge/Sharks Revenge/Constrictor water slides in less than 1.5 hours. The Fast Lane+ passes paid off in gold here as they passed the same people in line like 3 times and kept re-riding, worth every penny. They really liked the tube launch slides where the floor drops out.

We left the park around 4:30PM.

I definitely loved that first drop on Mamba, lots of fun. Prowler was fun as well but not as buttery smooth as y'all made it out to be. Patriot was fine. Fast Pass paid off big on almost all the rides except Patriot in the afternoon. The 3 big coasters were all running one car in the morning but added a 2nd after a few hours. We, unfortunately, got stuck in line at Prowler for the transition over to the 2nd car (they had to run it empty several times prior to loading it). It cost us a few minutes, but no big deal. I enjoyed Spinning Dragons, kind of a fun/different ride with smooth turns and little jostling.

The running joke in our family is that I am the magnet on the water rides and I didn't disappoint this trip. I always warn people jokingly not to sit next to me. On Fury of the Nile shorts got soaked through and my left shoe and sock got drenched all the way through. I had to go into a bathroom and dry my sock and shoe out with a blow dryer for over 15 minutes. So, then after I had dried out, my brother decides to ride Viking Voyager for "old times sake" (we had ridden it together as kids). Of course my shorts were soaked all the way through so badly I was dripping as I walked, lol.... None of the others hardly even got wet.

As others have described Viking Voyager is a total knee knocker and beats you up pretty good. I had to cover my knees with my hands to keep from smacking them on the sides as the boat kept careening off the sides of the flume.

Anyway, definitely had a good time. Living in the Seattle area I am definitely jealous of all the accessible/drivable theme parks y'all have in the Midwest.