TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

If a Sky Rocket II were to come to WOF I hope it would come with the duel loading station.

I agree. If it didn't, i don't think it would cause too much of a problem, but on the busier days like Haunt, then there might be some issues.

You can probably throw Winterfest on that list of problematic days as well

I also wonder if they would run the cycle twice like they do on Zombie Ride at Bosque Magico, or if they would just go with the one cycle program like all the others. I'd like to hope they would run the Zombie Ride program being that the ride itself is so short.

I also wonder if they would run the cycle twice like they do on Zombie Ride at Bosque Magico, or if they would just go with the one cycle program like all the others. I'd like to hope they would run the Zombie Ride program being that the ride itself is so short.

It's really not that short of a ride. If you take the lift hill and brake run out of the equation, a Sky Rocket II has the same ride time as Patriot and Prowler.

I'm all for the Rocket II going in where Autobahn is and then building a new Dodgems building over in Americana, maybe even replacing the old Sky High station with it to help open up that area (and reduce the number of games).

If a Sky Rocket II were to come to WOF I hope it would come with the duel loading station.

I agree. If it didn't, i don't think it would cause too much of a problem, but on the busier days like Haunt, then there might be some issues.

I think WoF would be alright if they got the 3 car train like BGW. The dual loading station might add significant cost to the ride which negates one of the main selling points (a low cost attraction). Plus we know Cedar Fair is all about reliability and minimal downtime, the dual loading adds more moving parts....meaning more can go wrong.

But who knows, all this is speculation. For all we know this ride could be going to Fun Spot in Fl

• 2 weeks later...

If they had a sliding station, it would have to go around twice. There needs to be enough time to load the other train and have it ready as soon as one train stops on the track. That's the reason Zombie Ride goes around twice.

If they had a sliding station, it would have to go around twice. There needs to be enough time to load the other train and have it ready as soon as one train stops on the track. That's the reason Zombie Ride goes around twice.

I'm failing to see the problem with that.

Ok, and I thought some statements I have made in the past were um....of the scratch your head type. Maybe they had a long day? Too much Mountain Dew...

Anyway, if the park would go this direction and could incur the cost, maybe. Not totally sold on a two train Premier Skyrocket II for WOF just yet IMHO. I'm going with smooth operation and one train due to the public's view of WOF not having another ride with potential issues. Good PR with a NEW Gate could go a long ways. Plus the cost savings could be used elsewhere in the park. Most of the steel coasters need a refresh of paint among other things.

The permits seem to lean towards a remodel of Rental Sales and Season Passport. The NEW additions seem to be Guest Services, Ticket Sales and Admin Gate.

Massive amount of land movement on Twitter video from thier account. If you stop the video right at the beginning you can see what I think is the back of Zombie High in the distance, Also, correct me if I am wrong but the "boneyard looks gone as well", the old park junkyard. Any thoughts WOF enthusiasts?

Curious, after seeing today's WOF Twitter feed I sketched the possible construction zone area. Its a good size. The only reservation is the space between the red and blue circled sites. Not enough information out there to my knowledge to solidify if this has been leveled by photo, video, or conversation.

2081043940_WOFNFGV2.png.3ab3c977c04bc10b7a9312d3624e56b4.png

Best guess on construction area size.

I'm not really too aware of anything of interest that was in the boneyard besides one of the old train cars from around the late 70's (Eli opened with 6 passenger cars). I noticed the tank for the train located back behind the Tivoli wasn't in the video, so maybe they are updating the train shed while they're updating everything else in that area.

Part of the area will be taken up by a new Halloween Haunt storage building. This will make it easier for the park to store HAUNT props during the off season.

If I were to guess, I'd say that this is the location of the new dining Pavillion, but I could be wrong. I'd love for all of that land to be used for one, gigantic plaza.

One gigantic plaza would be beautifull as you just mentioned, but the logistics of haunt is a definite consideration for close storage.

The thought of expanding Scandinavia with a promenade and Premier Skyrocket II is tantalizing. My hope is that the haunt storage does not interfere with the aesthetics of the new entrance nearby.

Anyone know the power requirements for a Skyrocket II? This may play a part in where the ride is located in the park....if we get one. According to this find for Mr. Freeze (same manufacturer, different ride, but still LIM) it requires quite a substantial amount of power.

http://www.guidetosfot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74

The ride is also taller, but the Skyrocket II is shorter in height and has 3 launch phases. The cumulative results might be the same and does not include other power requirements such as dual loading platform. Unfortunately without any facts to compare....

Edit:

New update from WOF Twitter. View is from Orient Bridge.

The new technologies have them using minimal electric in comparison. Maybe not as little as say Lightning Rod given its energy recovery system, but it's not going to cost them an arm and leg either.

By energy recovery system, do you mean the extensive periods of downtime? Or something out of Back to the Future Part II?