TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

You ARE aware that KI already has a Sally Shooter Darkride, Correct?

You ARE aware that when Wonder Mountain's Guardian was built, CW already had a Sally Shooter Darkride, Correct?

So we have one example and now it's a norm.

Noted.

-------

So back to WOF. Do we have any guesses as to what's going on in BiCentennial Square

Whenever someone brings up the "But wait, we already have [insert ride here]" argument, I always say:

CW-beh-JH.JPG.96e4c421e4c6d8d82ab68a080b799482.JPG

dsc_0482_2.thumb.jpg.64d00bdc75fdc0952a38e8df87b1baac.jpg

I know the rides are quite different, but no announcement was as shocking to me as Leviathans. It completely changed my perspective on potential additions to park and to never use the "but that park already has..." argument.

So you people honestly think they would start putting up flags up in April for two new flats for next year? Laughable... If so, wouldn't Carowinds already be way further along than us? They are supposedly building 5 rides +even more stuff.

Actually, Carowinds County Fair and surrounded area is riddled in spray paint and survey flags . . .lol.

We're there any other markers out there

If you are talking about WOF - no, there were only those two markers there by the old Sky High terminal.

There was a little more activity around Thunderhawk as they continue to remove the remnants of that ride.

The buildings in Bicentennial Square continue to be boarded up to whatever the new use will be -- I am wondering if the arcade won't be moved there eventually and our Triotech Darkride will go where the current Joe Cool Arcade is (as that building needs some major work and it would be cheaper to just tear it down and build something new there.

We're there any other markers out there

If you are talking about WOF - no, there were only those two markers there by the old Sky High terminal.

There was a little more activity around Thunderhawk as they continue to remove the remnants of that ride.

The buildings in Bicentennial Square continue to be boarded up to whatever the new use will be -- I am wondering if the arcade won't be moved there eventually and our Triotech Darkride will go where the current Joe Cool Arcade is (as that building needs some major work and it would be cheaper to just tear it down and build something new there.

I have 4 theories

1. Dark Ride In Biccentennial Square

2. Troiker & Condor Rides or whatever there called

3. Coaster

4. Americana Entrance

There's a possibility that one or even both rides (Troika and Condor) could be added this season. If there wasn't a teaser campaign I would have bet just the two rides and the new front gate.

The new front gate has been designed for awhile. It is slated to dump people into the park next to Tivoli Music Hall which would get a new facade.

If they are teasing in April for 2 used flat rides then that would be the worst marketing failure I've seen since Tempesto.

The fact that they didn't put Patriot (the parks only B&M, the parks only Inverted Coaster) on the teaser, either hints a new B&M, or a new inverted coaster

If they are teasing in April for 2 used flat rides then that would be the worst marketing failure I've seen since Tempesto.

The fact that they didn't put Patriot (the parks only B&M, the parks only Inverted Coaster) on the teaser, either hints a new B&M, or a new inverted coaster

Both are very unlikely.

I'm personally hoping for a fun, larger-scale dark ride. Wonder Mountain's Guardian and Voyage to the Iron Reef both look great, so if it's something along those lines, I'd be a very happy man. A small roller coaster element would be awesome too.

But what would they theme a dark ride like that? Considering it's location, I suspect we should see some Wild West action with some Cowboys thrown in. If they used the big red games barn for the queue, that could be quite a grand entrance.

Both are very unlikely.

I'm personally hoping for a fun, larger-scale dark ride. Wonder Mountain's Guardian and Voyage to the Iron Reef both look great, so if it's something along those lines, I'd be a very happy man. A small roller coaster element would be awesome too.

But what would they theme a dark ride like that? Considering it's location, I suspect we should see some Wild West action with some Cowboys thrown in. If they used the big red games barn for the queue, that could be quite a grand entrance.

I actually think that a dark ride wouldn't actually be a good fit for WOF the park itself is not very appealing already just picture a big building in the middle of the park .. That would not look to pleasing

A building for a dark ride doesn't have to be huge. Voyage to the Iron Reef is a prime example.

I just a don't think it's a good fit just yet .. It's either WOF, KI, or KD who's going to get the capital investment this year . I feel like we have a pretty good chance

A building for a dark ride doesn't have to be huge. Voyage to the Iron Reef is a prime example.

I just a don't think it's a good fit just yet .. It's either WOF, KI, or KD who's going to get the capital investment this year . I feel like we have a pretty good chance

I feel like 2017 will be like 2015. Big ride, medium ride, and some small rides. KI will get the Fury, while we get the Iron Reef (and I am perfectly fine with that).

Considering that the two flats were paid for with this year's budget, I'd imagine it would be a little more substantial than just a disko coaster. It could be part of it though. But I imagine there's more to it

I didn't know that it was part of this year's budget. I wouldn't be surprised to see them add at least one ride added this year once everything from Thunderhawk is removed.

I'm also hearing from other threads that WoF may be rushing for a new coaster next year to compete with Adventureland's new coaster (which looks phenomenal, might I add). Anybody else heard this? If so, I'd love to see a Premier coaster launch over the railroad tracks and to the land currently occupied by Le Taxi Tour. With the teasers presented, that would be ideal.

I actually think that a dark ride wouldn't actually be a good fit for WOF the park itself is not very appealing already just picture a big building in the middle of the park .. That would not look to pleasing

Well that's not very nice! Worlds of fun has a small-park charm to it with the added bonus of some big rides. It's to the point where anything we get as an addition will be much appreciated. While WOF is no Busch Gardens, it's leaps and bounds more attractive than any Six Flags park! I'll be happy with any additions, and I honestly only see two flats coming. I want to be wrong, but you know we will see. #longlivethenewride2k17

Not to long ago on WOF page they stated the thrill seeker were not forgotten about. Also, could it be time the park is cresting the small park limit and Cedar Fair wants to push us into the very low end medium size park venue?

If I had to guess, I'd say Cedar Fair plans to push WOF to at least KD size within the next few years. HAUNT is doing wonders for them.