TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Millenium Force and Mantis

I am only comparing the two cause MF is supposed to be amazing and Mantis was supposed to suck but it turned out to be the opposite. The hill after the first drop is steep. I think that just killed the rest of the ride. Dragster was fun but I worry about coasters getting any taller, and if it will even be any fun to ride them

Who says MF is amazing, and who says Mantis sucks? They're both pretty good, nothing special about them, except for MF's height, coasters. S:ROS is much better than MF anyway, as is Expedition GeForce (I've heard), and I enjoy Riddlers and Chang better than Mantis, although it's an okay ride nonetheless. I wouldn't classify it as amazing, though...

-James Dillaman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason there would be a bad ride on a stand up, is if you don't adjust the seat correctly. I'm a huge fan of Mantis, Scorcher, Vortex, and King Cobra. I loved each of my rides on them. Don't really remember my ride on Cobra, but the other B&M's provide excellent forces, even making me grey out at the bottom of Mantis' first loop.

I stopped greying out on Mantis last time I went this year even though I greyed out before. I want to know what year they put the trim brake before the loop, because I don't think it was there in 2006, but I'm not sure.

I agree with the person that started this topic which is not the norm. I don't care for MF, and really like Mantis. However, I don't think MF was painful.

I haven't blacked out on either one (or any coaster), but Raptor makes my feet tingle.

Mantis is too much of a head-banger, and I greatly prefer the first drop, overbanked turns & sheer speed of MF. To each their own, though.

Just got back from a trip to C.P. on Mon/Tues of this week.

I LOVE Mil Force- BUT I always ride in one of two places- either the front seat or the rear seat where I get a lot of good ejector time on the hills. I think it's a great ride.

Mantis is okay- but I don't think I enjoyed it as much as when I first rode it. To me the first half is way better than after the MCBR.

my .02

I wouldn't have had the chance to sit on Mantis had I actually wanted to, as the evil CP ride op was bitching at me to maintain the proper posture, when I damn well knew the proper posture!--You know...having operated a B&M stand up before.

Bitch.

-Jahan "The things you take away from parks!" Makanvand

The only reason there would be a bad ride on a stand up, is if you don't adjust the seat correctly. I'm a huge fan of Mantis, Scorcher, Vortex, and King Cobra. I loved each of my rides on them. Don't really remember my ride on Cobra, but the other B&M's provide excellent forces, even making me grey out at the bottom of Mantis' first loop.

I stopped greying out on Mantis last time I went this year even though I greyed out before. I want to know what year they put the trim brake before the loop, because I don't think it was there in 2006, but I'm not sure.

I agree with the person that started this topic which is not the norm. I don't care for MF, and really like Mantis. However, I don't think MF was painful.

Well, the time I *did* grey, I was in the front seat and there were either no trims, or it was hardly there at all. It was -insane-.

Though I do like the hangtime!

-JZ

If you want hangtime just ride Raptor!

Yeh Yeh it was lame whatever...

Raptor? Eh, I just haven't been a big fan of it lately. Just too much headbanging on the zero-g, cobra roll, and corkscrews. It's still a fun ride, just not as high up as it was before. I usually end up skipping it due to long lines. Batman, Afterburn....better B&M Inverts

As far as my input on MF being rough, I know the last car had a very slight vibrate last season when I went...but I still haven't been this year

-JZ

Alright I mave have over-exadgerated just a little. MF is not that painful, I just like airtime as opposed to positive G-forces. I just don't personally didn't like it. I was looking forward to it though, I REALLY wanted to like it People just made Mantis seem so terrible so the fact that it didn't crush my balls and that it was actually really fun, surprised me greatly .

Alright I mave have over-exadgerated just a little. MF is not that painful, I just like airtime as opposed to positive G-forces. I just don't personally didn't like it. I was looking forward to it though, I REALLY wanted to like it People just made Mantis seem so terrible so the fact that it didn't crush my balls and that it was actually really fun, surprised me greatly .

You just have to realize that other people's word shouldn't change your ride experiance. Well, per say. If someone says "MF sucks, there's no airtime.." you shouldn't take that for what it is, go in with a bad attitude, and find the shortest line for the middle seat, and then get off it with the same thought going into it.

Sure, you can take warnings like, "Don't ride in the backseat of SOB!!!" And it will change the experiance greatly.

Have your own opinion, and can you please explain where the significant posotive g's on MF are? I can only think of the bottom of the first drop...

Have your own opinion, and can you please explain where the significant posotive g's on MF are? I can only think of the bottom of the first drop...

Coming out of the 1st turn on the island before the overbank is where I always feel the forces most on MF.

Coming out of the 1st turn on the island before the overbank is where I always feel the forces most on MF.

Ugh, I really need to get up to CP this year. I really need my coaster fix up North, especially to ride these rides and compare them to last year.

-JZ

"Ride or don't ride" you've all got that choice, Cedar Point has 15 other coasters which you can ride instead of MF,Mantis or Mean Streak.

Problem is "Coaster" fans are never happy and there is no such thing as a "perfect" coaster cos someone will always complain.

When Mantis and MF opened there was nothing like their layout's anywhere in the World, just be greatful Cedar Fair invested their money into 2 of the world's greatest coasters in their gene..

^Dude, greatest coasters in their gene? MF is good, but it's gene isn't exactly big. How many giga coasters are there in the world anyways? I've heard the other ones are better, this one is just the first.

And Mantis is not the greatest of the Stand Up coasters by any means.

But yeah, that is what's great about CP, is there are so many different rides to choose from, you'd have to be trying to have a bad ride experience in order to ruin your day

^Dude, greatest coasters in their gene? MF is good, but it's gene isn't exactly big. How many giga coasters are there in the world anyways? I've heard the other ones are better, this one is just the first.

Only two giga-coasters exist if I'm not mistaken.

I have yet to ride a stand-up where the ride op didn't cram the crotch restrain hard into my giblets.......

...so that nonsense about "riding it correctly" is B.S..........I've never had a chance to adjust the thing myself....whether at CP, SFGam, KD, SFKK, etc...

..so maybe its not 100% the fault of the manufacturer...but I don't care..I say "THUMBS DOWN"!!

Really? according to Mitch Hawker's Steel Roller Coaster poll (which many enthusiasts refer to as the most accurate roller coaster poll) Mantis is rated as 198/357 meaning it's in the top 50% of steel coasters...

198 Mantis Cedar Point OH

as for Millennium Force it beats 315 other coasters I've ridden for my number one coaster (including Goliath at Walibi World and S:ROS at SFNE) now granted that is just my opinion...Roughness???? did you ride Mean Streak? I'm assuming you've never ridden a boomerang considering you are complaining about Millennium Force be too rough and forceful haha...but anyway, I'm glad you at least enjoyed mantis...

I have yet to ride a stand-up where the ride op didn't cram the crotch restrain hard into my giblets.......

...so that nonsense about "riding it correctly" is B.S..........I've never had a chance to adjust the thing myself....whether at CP, SFGam, KD, SFKK, etc...

..so maybe its not 100% the fault of the manufacturer...but I don't care..I say "THUMBS DOWN"!!

My experience has been exactly the opposite. I have always been allowed complete freedom to adjust the seat/restraint to the height that I personally desire. I have made mistakes along the way to finding the position that I now prefer, but any time I rode a stand up in a less than ideal position I had no one to blame but myself. I strongly disagree that "riding it correctly" is either nonsense or B.S. The position that you assume before the height of the seat/restraint is locked has everything to do with how comfortable, or not, your ride on a stand up will be.