TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2008 - 2009 School Year

My classes at University of Delaware start on September 3rd. This is going to be my sophomore year, and at the moment I only have the fall semester planned out. I'm taking:

ANTH (anthropology) 103- Intro to Prehistoric Archeology

CMLT (comparative literature) 316- Classical Mythology: Gods, Heroes, and Monsters

ENGL 102- Texts in Time

ENGL 217- Intro to Film

HEBR 106- Intermidiate Hebrew

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I start my Senior year in High School next Friday the 22nd. That date is the latest I have ever started. It's also my first year at a Florida High School, I was in Kentucky the past three years. The school day also starts late 9:15am-3:45pm.

First Semester:

1-Marketing-Sport, Recreation, and Entertainment

2-Advanced Topics- Math

3-Weight Training( I had to have two gym classes to graduate in Florida)

4/5-Commercial Arts 1- Graphic Art type stuff

6-English 4- British Lit.

7-Speech 1- Another odd class needed to graduate here

Second Semester:

1-Marketing-Sport, Recreation, and Entertainment

2-Advanced Topics

3-American Government

4/5-Marine Science

6-English 4

7-Economics

I had all my Social Studies done but, they wouldn't accept the credit because Economics and American Government were a combined class. My lunch is really late too, 1:30pm-2pm, I come home 1hr 45min after that, I won't be eating. My school's hallways are outside which is very different from Kentucky obviously, its a change that I will like.

All I can say is I will be glad when June 10th gets here and I am done with High School. I am ready to go to College and start the rest of my life.

Jake

Got my schedule today, here are my classes:

Trimester 1:

1st - Spanish II

2nd - Lit and Modern Media

3rd - Ap European History

4th - Pre Calc

5th Physics

Trimester 2:

1st - Lit and Modern Media

2nd - Economics

3rd-5th Same

Trimester 3:

1st - Psych

2nd - Spanish 2

3rd-5th Same

Tech class: Engineering/ Cad Design.

Ahh I hate trimesters! As you can see above it totally screws up my schedule. I have Spanish II at the beginning and end of the year, and at different hours. I'm curious to see how this is going to work.

HAH! I go back september second.

Got my classes too:

1.ASL

2.U.S. History

3.Study Hall

4.Chemistry

5.free period

6.Computer

7.Algebra 2 Honors

It pwns last years classes though, which I'm glad. Going into 11th. I will be taking my GED sometime next month, so I can skip out on 11th and 12th grade :D:D:D:D

It pwns last years classes though, which I'm glad. Going into 11th. I will be taking my GED sometime next month, so I can skip out on 11th and 12th grade :D:D:D:D

I'm sorry to hear you're skipping out on the two fun years of High School.

What and how do Trimesters work?

Heres basically how they work (at least for my school). Instead of the typical 2 semesters, there are 3 Trimesters, where each one is 1/3 of the school year (simple enough). Because the year is split up into more "chunks" the hours are longer, therefore 5 hours, as apposed to 6. Also it allows for more elective classes due to there being more classes in general. Overall it sounds nice, but it messes up the teachers and the students. Teachers have less time to teach more stuff, and students get their classes broken up over an entire year. For example I'm taking Spanish 1st and 3rd trimester, meaning I'm taking it the first 1/3 of the year, and the last 3rd of the year.

I'm a Freshman in High School, and I go back August 28th.

1st Semester:

1st Block - Integraded Science - 1st Block

2nd Block - (B Day) - Freshman PE

2rd Block - (A Day) Health

3rd Block - Algebra I

4th Block - French I

2nd Semester:

1st Block - World History

2nd Block - English 9

3rd Block - Geometry

4th Block - French II

I'm a freshman, I start September 3rd. My schedule is:

Spanish 1

Geometry Honors

Global Issues Honors

Biology Honors

English Honors

Golf

---Brent

You are on the Golf team thats cool. I tried out this weekend for my high school, but I had a really bad round, probably the worst I have ever had. So I didn't end up making the team this year. At least there is baseball.

HAH! I go back September third.

I'm going into my freshman year, everybody I know is wicked scared of going to high school but I just don't really see why. It's just like moving up a grade in Junior High, but the kids are just bigger.

So what if you go back the thrid? I only have a week of high school, then I'm out for 2 friggn years

And maybee they wicked scared because of hazing? That was wicked fun last year. Sucked my first year though, coz the first week was nothing but hazing, but the next week it was like everyone wuz friends.

<3 Hazing.

Yesterday, I went to orientation and I got my schedule... but it was missing a first period class. So we waited a hour to get it changed and after moving to a whole new area of the school and taking me out of AP just to get my schedule to work, this is what we came up with:

1=English 10

2=Japanese 1

3=Biology

4=Algebra II Trig.

5=Regular History?

6=Intro to Engineering 1

My friend is in the same hall that I'm moving into and she's still taking AP world so who knows if I'll take regular history or AP. I probably wont know till September 3.