TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

That and the fact that inverted coasters are one of the most common things at KI. Not that they have a B&M one yet, but the park already owns a Invertigo, one of the few remaining Arrow suspendeds, and a Mini SLC..

So your argument would be they need a new stand up? they already have 11 non-inverted coasters.

Top gun is a totally different experience IMO

Mini slc.......come on man....

Invertigo is a small low capacity coaster for a park this big, plus from what I hear it has many mech. problems.

I just think it would be a good fit for the park, but CF may wait and see how the Texas Giant turns out and see about Moding SOB.

JEFF

/\ Kings Dominion and Canada's Wonderland doesn't have one either but Volcano is good enough but CW main invert is a Standard SLC

I am curious to see how CF will treat them all now that they have all got their Hyper/Giga that they all really needed. (except GA but that is a big mess)

In regards to SOB's layout, they are doing a major over haul to Giant's layout.

JEFF

^ I seriously can't believe the amount of people that say Invertigo/Face-Off is a "Lawn Ornament"! I believe I go to Kings Island a fair-good amount and I've only seen Invertigo/Face-Off down once since 1999 and that time was for a very short period of time!!! Not hard to believe that it valleyed cause I've seen Boomerangs do it before, and it is opening day. One coaster at a large park usually has a strange, unusual breakdown of some type on opening day.

If Invertigo isn't down, then it's atleast got 3-5 seats closed. The restraints have been to hell and back, they look horrible, and a few of them are roped off because they have jagged metal pieces sticking out of them!

When it's open, it's not that bad of a ride. When it's running well and you're in the front, the backwards loop is VERY intense.

I SWEAR I go about 4-6 times a year, maybe more and I've only seen it brake down once for only a little bit!!! My luck can't be that great!, Also I NEVER seen a seat roped off!!! Are you sure that this is Invertigo were talking about and not Son of Beast, Backlot, Drop Zone, or FireHawk or something?!

Invertigo was open last time I went, but I've heard on Boomerangs having mechanical problems, not to mention the bad capacity. Anyways, I would argue for a B&M standup to take the place of SoB. Cedar Point only had TWO inverted track coasters by the time Mantits was put in. Also, there are lots of good inverted coasters out there, but not as many stand-ups.

If Invertigo isn't down, then it's atleast got 3-5 seats closed. The restraints have been to hell and back, they look horrible, and a few of them are roped off because they have jagged metal pieces sticking out of them!

When it's open, it's not that bad of a ride. When it's running well and you're in the front, the backwards loop is VERY intense.

Agreed. It was there three days in August 2009, it was down all but one time that I walked up to it. One row was closed and the seats indeed needed some work.

After my first trip to the park, I feel like I can weigh in on a few of these issues!

It was unfortunate that Invertigo was down for most of the day as I was (somewhat) looking forward to riding it. I saw it testing before the park opened but never saw it with people on it (then again I was on the opposite side of the park until the late afternoon).

I think a large B&M invert would be a perfect fit for the park! Unfortunately, I feel Flight Deck's time might be coming to a close within the next decade, and to see an invert in its place would be excellent.

I'm not bothered by Stunt Coaster car paint job - it doesn't really affect the ride experience, though I do feel they looked better before.

^With Diamonback, I think the park filled its one and only gaping hole.

A modern woodie would be nice, but the park will probably avoid anything wooden in the near future due to the failure of SoB. In fact, I'd bet money that nothing wooden will EVER be built in the footprints of SoB due to the GP's tendency to confuse wooden roller coasters (Ex. Psyclone is Terminator Salvation). Unless, they name it Smooth and Cuddly Grandchild of Beast . That might help

^ LMFAO! If the park builds another woodie in SOB's spot, How would the GP react if it was painted white?! "Hey they repainted SOB!" or , "Thats Racer" or "THE ALL NEW SON OF RACER!!!" or something even more asinine like "They might hook Racer up to this ride but they wanted to see if people like it first and it's safe cause there used to be a coaster here that everyone used to say it caused them to have a headache and then the train flipped upside down and killed 260 people back in 2004"

Great, now I have to deal with the sister going on and on that SoB was the best ride in the park and it not being open is the worst thing that KI could have done (she makes me ride the death coaster every year that we went, like 8 times, usually right in a row because there weren't any people in line). I can now enjoy KI instead of hating my life when I go.

On the B&M Invert thing, something like Afterburn would be phenomenal. That is the best invert that CF has, out of the ones that I have been on. But I also agree that they just opened Diamondback and it will likely be a couple of years before they get anything majorly large.

Anywho, I can now tell the parents that I am looking forward to the KI trip this Sunday.

Did they just start it last year? I have yet to notice the roped off seats, but that may just be since I havent really ridden it since we got Diamondback....Either way, I have rarely seen it down. At times it closes for a bit for something mechanical or whatever, but that happens on everything. Saturday was the first time I actually saw it legit closed the full day for something like valleying.

Since I've been going to, every summer since I was a baby, I've always liked Invertigo. That being said, all the times I've been there it has been down it's fair share of times. I've never seen it valleyed but most of the time it's been from restraint problems and lift problems. I don't think it's really a lawn ornament per say but it is probably used as something to spice up the front of the park skyline.

As for the comment made about Top Gun/Flight Deck's time coming to an end, I sure hope not. I much rather have that than for them to take it out and have B&M invert despite how much I love those beemers.

A B&M invert would be nice but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon; that really is all KI is missing roller coaster wise, IMHO.

I just happened to come across a funny article about Son of Beast

The area’s most dangerous menace faces justice. Joe Deters justice.

By Bob Woodiwiss

Prosecutor Joe Deters: I have a brief statement then I’ll take a few questions. For the past nine years, Hamilton County residents have lived in fear far exceeding the fear they normally live in. And with good reason. In the year 2000, Son of Beast, an unstable, violent, wildly undulating young troublemaker, arrived in Warren County, Ohio, and began luring unsuspecting tourists to his lair outside Kings Mills. Once there, he’d restrain his victims with a steel bar in cramped “maiming modules,” or gondolas. Helpless and immobilized, his captives would be systematically terrorized, tossed, battered, buffeted, and otherwise abused, often experiencing serious trauma. Many required hospitalization. Others suffered injuries like permanently bugged eyes, post-traumatic shriek disorder, and shaken teen babe syndrome.

Today, however, Mr. of Beast’s reign of terror has ended. Earlier this morning, with the help of local authorities, he was arrested at his Kings Island compound. This office is vigorously seeking his extradition to Hamilton County, where he’ll be charged with 48 counts of assault, 37 counts of battery, and 12,473 counts of nauseation of a minor.

What’s particularly disturbing to me about this case is that so many young people see this sick, twisty menace to society as “awesome” and exciting, a source of thrills. I’m here to tell you he’s not. Mr. of Beast is an incorrigible, dangerous, unfeeling monster. An offender who, despite being just 9-and-a-half years old and inanimate, I fully intend to try as an adult sentient being.

OK, questions...?

REPORTER 1: Where’s Son of Beast currently being held?

DETERS: Due to jail overcrowding and the suspect’s tremendous size, our only immediate option was to place him under house—well, amusement park arrest and fit him with a truss monitor. But once he’s extradited, we plan to disassemble Mr. of Beast and reassemble him in the form of a prison, thereby rendering him self-incarcerated.

REPORTER 2: What are the chances of a plea deal?

DETERS: Slim to none. Remember, this is the same Son of Beast who, in 2006, to mitigate public outrage over his well-publicized ugly behavior, submitted to forced structural castration, undergoing a loop-de-loop-ectomy. That obviously didn’t work. I say he should rot in jail—though, he has been pressure-treated with a preservative so that may prove difficult.

REPORTER 3: How does a 9-year-old turn out like this?

DETERS: Environment, probably. Daily exposure to a father who makes excessive use of G-forces seem normal and peers who think assault with a deadly long queue is funny. But regardless, Son of Beast has to pay. And I’m not accepting discount coupons.

That’s all, people. I’ve gotta go depose SpongeBob SquarePants now.

http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/article.aspx?id=86277