TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best British costers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Nemesis is the best hands down. Actually, it might be one of the best period.

Overall, I wasn't to thrilled about many of the wood coasters in England. If I had to choose, it would probably be the Big Dipper. I wanted to like Grand National so much, but it just felt really stiff and awkward.

My favourite steel is by a long, long shot The Ultimate, followed by Rita and Oblivion. Everything else I can pretty much take or leave.

I don't really like any of our Wood, but Blackpool's Wild Mouse is certainly my favourite of what we do have.

Steel: Nemesis

Wood: Wild Mouse at Blackpool

I'd go with that. Although Grand National comes a very close second to the wild mouse.

It's about time we actually got some new decent coasters around these parts. It's starting to get quite embarassing

Nemesis is still the best although I'm restricted to a choice of there or Blackpool.

I found Rita was pretty average and Oblivion is too short once you ride Sheikra.

As for wood I love the Grand National. The Wild Mouse runs it close although you are just glad to get off that alive!!!

Same, with a 2nd place steel vote going to Dragon's Fury

What's everyones massive fixation with RITA? Maybe i'd like it better if it had a slightly different brake run...

Oh and I forgot the wild mouse at blackpool, that's a pretty good ride

NERD!!!!!!!

ADMIN EDIT: Before you hit submit, ask yourself "Am I about to make a double post?"

What's everyones massive fixation with RITA? Maybe i'd like it better if it had a slightly different brake run...

RITA falls short due to the height restrictions at AT. Stealth looks far more impressive.

Steels have to be either Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe or Jubilee Odyssey at Fantasy Island. I like Alton's Nemesis but I don't think its my favourite.

Wood will always be Megafobia. Although the Blackpool Mouse is excellent.

Same, with a 2nd place steel vote going to Dragon's Fury

NERD!!!!!!!

Amazing Rich/Larry I agree exactly with your views - especially Rich your observation of Dave (about him being a nerd - he is of course right about 'what's with Rita?)

Sadly the UK is very 'wood light' but with some great parks in Europe just a train ride away, and with excellent wood (okay and some BAD) I don't think we can complain too much given the pokey size of our Island.

BTW - lets give a shout out to Vekoma (Hi Erik!) and the surprising quality that is Kumali - seriously, I like it!

And finally - Shadow Man - are you canvasing opinion for a special project as you have yet to give us your views.

^^^ I can't believe the Wild Mouse at BPB was ever under renovation. Im still bruised from my experience!! lol!!

Also, I must have caught the Big Dipper on a bad day because it was rough as hell when I was on it. Lets just say a sports bra was needed!!

The best of Brits for me at the moment is Steeple Chase. Its just sooooo much fun and random!

I've only been to Alton Towers, but Nemesis is by far my favorite B&M invert anywhere.

I absolutely love Rita too, but that has more to do with their advertising campaign than anything. ha ha!! Actually, there wasn't a coaster at Alton that I didn't like. Nemesis is just their best.