TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

XBOX 360 or PS3

If you plan on playing with your friends online, I would get a 360 no question. Most people have 360s..The online community is wayyy better IMO. I know you have to pay for it, but it's not that expensive for how fun it is. I never play single player games anymore..Playing with my friends is SO much funner.

Screw that! Once Home comes out for the PS3 the 360 online communty will suffer. PS3 all the way

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Are you kidding?!

I would take Warhawk over ANY online 360 game!

From what I've heard, 360 games ACTUALLY have lag.

I have never played a PS3 game online and gotten lag, ever.

And I run on a Wireless G Router which is 2 floors up.

So your saying the PS3 online is better, and you have never played 360 online

I have both systems, and the 360 live is ALOT more flushed out, its faster, smoother, easier to use, and has more features, it does cost about $5 a month, but is well worth it

The PS3 runs ALOT slower online for me, everthing from playing games (lag is not the issue) to downloading anything, the PS3 is a dog compared to my 360, both are running on wireless

As for Home on PS3, I hope its succeful, and is everything Sony promises, because they need to upgrade thier service, its not as bad as the Wii's, which is somewhat of a joke, but its not close to the live service offered by microsoft

Just look at the MGS4 online debacle, I think that says it all

^$60 a year is nothing. That's $5 a month, you can't come up with $5 a month? If you have a minimum wage job, that's not even one hour of working. I would much rather play online with my friends, rather than the PS3 online with no one.

And what was it about the 360 online that you didn't like?? For me it runs really smooth...

^ On Xbox Live, there are SO many noobs!

Also, I'm 13 if you would look to the left of this post.

I have a paper route, and my paycheck is $40 a month..

I'd rather not spend 8% of my pay each year on something I don't have to.

Also, I personally like the games for the PS3 so much more.

^$60 a year is nothing. That's $5 a month, you can't come up with $5 a month? If you have a minimum wage job, that's not even one hour of working. I would much rather play online with my friends, rather than the PS3 online with no one.

And what was it about the 360 online that you didn't like?? For me it runs really smooth...

If you're only making minimum wage, perhaps spending it on Live isn't the best place to be putting your money.

^^Well I'm not trying to talk you out of it liking the PS3 online..I did look to the left of your post, and saw that you are 13. It just seems like live is such a small price to pay compared to actually buying a system, controllers, and games.

^How so? I made 40 cents above minimum wage, and was able to buy $2,000 in camera equiptment, an Ipod, a 360, LIVE, and I still had money for movies, food, etc...(This was during my senior year) Money well spent. Made my senior year a whole lot funner..And don't tell me I should have saved it for college, because in the Marines, they pay ME to go to college.

In conclusion, 360 online>PS3 online

More fun, not funner. And yes you got all that, but it's still wise to save your money. When you have many bills to pay in order to stay safe financially, then you will understand the value of your money.

Anyways, I have no opinion here...I have never played PS3 or the 360.

More fun, not funner. And yes you got all that, but it's still wise to save your money. When you have many bills to pay in order to stay safe financially, then you will understand the value of your money.

Anyways, I have no opinion here...I have never played PS3 or the 360.

It sounds to me like he got plenty out of his money, he used it as he wanted to, its his, he had to save to buy the things he wanted, that shown maturity.

In the end we are talking about $5 a month, not alot of money, and considering the 360 is $199, it would take a couple of years to add up to th cost of a PS3, and then this generation will be over, hello xbox 720 and PS4

What Crispy said, hahah.

I DID save my money though. My first camera purchase was $1,700..You think I didn't have to save all that up?

Not buying a 360 because you have to pay for live is like buying wired controllers because you don't want to pay for batteries..

I have a 360, and I don't have Live. I have the wireless adapter, but I never play online.

Getting yelled at by 12 year olds about how much I suck isn't any fun to me. It's supposed to be a method for me to relax, getting yelled at isn't too relaxing to me. Playing offline is more funner to me.

This has been a big problem for me. Which system to decide?

I love Sony. Yes, I'm a Sony Fanboy. I thin kthe PS3 is a great machine and is actually a bargain. For roughly $500 you get a state of the art game system, that should run at $400 alone, and a blu-ray player that usually runs for an upward of $1000 alone. So instead of spending a good $1500 you only spend $500.

But the 360 has the greatest online play ever! I emphatically love being up at 5 in the morning playing Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, or UNO with people from Japan, Mexico, Canada, and our beautiful country.

It's been very hard for me to decide which system to invest in and I still haven't chosen. I still just pop in Metal Gear Solid 1/2/3 and play that on my PS2. I don't know.

^

A 360 is $299 not $199!

WOOPS, sorry, thats not happening till september

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=206317

The $199 one is going to be the one without the HDD too so you cant play online with it! $299 is going to be the 60gb then. Right now the 20gb is $299 to clear stock for the 60gb ones.

one

You can play online with the arcade model, you cannot play original xbox games without a hard drive, I also believe you cannot get downloadable movies, but I'm 100% on that

Don't buy a 360 without a harddrive. You're just going to buy a HD later when the 512MB isn't enough for game patches. It really is there to make the 360 appear cheaper. You can downloaded XBLive Arcade games on HD-free, but then again you'll run out of space faster then a wii owner who uses wiiware.

In review: Buy the 360 with the HD, or a PS3 80 w/MGS4. Both are about the same, buy based on exclusives (do you want to play LittleBigPlanet or Banjo?), and if Blu-ray matters.

Online is better on 360, but the PS3 is getting better (2.4 firmware helped a lot), and free. Movie-wise, 360 has better store, but PS3 has bluray. And Left4Dead and other PC-originally games (which there are fewer and fewer of) will run better on 360, because the 360 uses basicly the same APIs as windows (DirectX, hence Xbox)

Summary:Both are good, buy 360 w/HD or any PS3

I have a 360, and I don't have Live. I have the wireless adapter, but I never play online.

Getting yelled at by 12 year olds about how much I suck isn't any fun to me. It's supposed to be a method for me to relax, getting yelled at isn't too relaxing to me. Playing offline is more funner to me.

Do not play with the wireless adapter. Not sure why but creates an extra fraction of lag in fps games. As for the annoying people just mute all. I only open the mic when I’m playing with friends or in good team games, otherwise mute. If you ever go for online look me up and we will play. I’m also one of the for fun players unlike the “cough, got skillz players”

Just imagine how the annoying people would be without a real reporting network setup. At least with xbl you can have peoples accounts canceled. Nice thing with xbl is the banning options and reporting system. And yes they will ban people via console or gamer tag.

I have also heard of a lot of banned xbl users switching to the PS3 and PSN so watch out.

Also for the 360 users...

Hey anyone interested, Gears of War pre order with a life size Lancer gun for 139.99. (includes free game in price)

http://www.amazon.com/Gears-Amazon-com-Exclusive-Lancer-Xbox-360/dp/B001CLYL24/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1218565010&sr=8-1

Oh yes I did… Grr stupid November 7th.

All in all both systems are good systems. They both have different strengths and weakness. Which ever is better for you go for it. But to this day for hardcore gaming and FPS type games the 360 is your only true option.

Think otherwise go play Orange box on a PS3, then on a friends 360, boy is the PS3 user going to be ticked.. Nice load and renders right Truth is developers do not care about the PS3 (Which does suck) thats why they lack the support, updates, and maps the 360 user get, or why the 360 users get them way before the PSN releases them.

PS. XBL year memberships can be bought on ebay for like 6.99 + (For the year) Fyi.

xbl: raptor2002

41ejHBKijnL._SS400_.jpg.5c0ae99912b2ba9320ba04f9fdb5b638.jpg

GOW Lancer prop for pre order.

If you're only making minimum wage, perhaps spending it on Live isn't the best place to be putting your money.

You could easily come up with that money by looking in your couch or spare change jar, and wouldn't even make a dent in your funds. Xbox Live is practically free, yet has all the great qualities and features of a service that costs a lot of money.