TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island building a B&M Hyper Coaster

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if anyone's already mentioned this, I didn't search through the entire thread. But recently cedar fair announced that they're going to start to do more corporate sponsorships. Could Ride Sally Ride = Mustang as in Ford Mustang. Ford makes a Mustang Cobra which ties into the reptilian look on the teaser page. There was even a King Cobra Mustang in 1979. It's not as cool as LSHoF, but it's the only thing I've come up with that ties most of the clues together. It's a long shot, but it's my best guess.

I'm not sure if anyone's already mentioned this, I didn't search through the entire thread. But recently cedar fair announced that they're going to start to do more corporate sponsorships. Could Ride Sally Ride = Mustang as in Ford Mustang. Ford makes a Mustang Cobra which ties into the reptilian look on the teaser page. There was even a King Cobra Mustang in 1979. It's not as cool as LSHoF, but it's the only thing I've come up with that ties most of the clues together. It's a long shot, but it's my best guess.

If they name the ride after Ford it will break and need repaired every 6 months

But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a corporate ride. Everything gets sponsored anymore.

I’m betting it will be one of three names…

The PKI site shows a box with a little hole with an eye that looks like a snake eye. That added with the western theme makes me believe it could be “Sidewinder” or “Rattler”

The third name came to me today… Think about this: 1. “36 years in the making…” note on the page for the new coaster (Fairly Odd Coaster is an original coaster from 1972) + 2. Kids t-shirt saying “Grandson of Beast” could be the rename of “Fairly Odd Coaster” = 3. “Beastie”

^ Actually FOC was originally Scooby-Doo, as the kids area was Happy Land of Hanna-Barbera.

It was changed to Beastie in 1980 to capitalize on the success of The Beast.

No way the new coaster will be Beastie, that would be too confusing. I still hope it's not Beast themed at all, but we'll see.

Has anyone considered maybe it could be another language also? Like how "Kingda Ka" is Swahili , Kumba also? "King of Beast " could be the basis.

That makes a lot of sense to me. I really don't believe it will be the common Beast, Mustang, Diamonback, name. I think Beast, or King of Beast in another language is the best guess other then LSHoF. They want the ride to stick out, so don't give it a common name.