TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Sorry for double post but I did see that Superman wound up opening this weekend. However, Adventure Park USA was able to open their coasters for a couple hours on Sunday and we made the trip there instead since we've never been there. I grew up riding Wildcat at Cedar Point and although this isn't the exact same ride, it was nice to get back on basically the same coaster again. Wild West Coaster is an interesting little ride too! We also chatted with who I believe was the owner for a little bit. You can tell the pride he has in his little park. I highly recommend a quick stop on your way to or from Six Flags America if you come from Northwest of DC. The park is located right off I70.

Some pictures:

20221113_123607.thumb.jpg.d627116d8645ebd51afec7b553a9b613.jpg

20221113_124311.thumb.jpg.713994c1740d2044bd70c816b4feb14f.jpg

20221113_124319.thumb.jpg.9d11057a780df43dd2ecffc85cee34f9.jpg

20221113_124705.thumb.jpg.0b93400b8f1eccad74242e4a30e2df3f.jpg

20221113_124730.thumb.jpg.f5d35e732a0f62f10ad45d580b23d16e.jpg

20221113_125325.thumb.jpg.3b5b83fce88184d3c357e6072c7f51c0.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2023 at 11:36 AM, MisterBrow said:

Where is that guy that was sure that retheming Apocalypse to FORTNIGHT would stand the test of time?

I don't remember that but it sure done sound amusing!

And long time no see.

And as for your signature, at this point I don't see Roar getting RMC'd or Mind Eraser getting new trains. More likely Roar gets Titan Tracked and Mind Eraser ... exists.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really excited for this! Yes, it looks to be a smaller water coaster and it does look to have a weaker layout, but even a weaker water coaster is still better than 80% of waterslides. With the Six Flags additions being made for this year, I think it is important to remember that Six Flags originally said they weren't adding anything at all for this year so...

If anybody watched the full livestream, they also made sure to highlight the attention being given to the park's landscaping, overall appearance, and atmosphere. They are bringing in a new landscaping company to improve the park landscaping, they are going to be repainting buildings and rides throughout the park, they are adding new shading structures and seating areas, they have created new shows and they are improving current park events as well as adding some other new festivals. I know that this park has a long way to go to be a GREAT park, but any improvement is good to see at this park. I went back in June on a layover in DC, and I enjoyed the park the day that I was there. The new park president has been at the park for nearly 30 years, and his Facebook page seems to indicate that he is dedicated to improvements around the park.

• Like 2

Wow! I am so happy to see so many projects getting done at Six Flags parks! I love seeing the kids coasters and interactive attractions, but I love these infrastructure improvements. Ramar posted these pics of one of the new seating areas, and this looks great! I bet this will get a lot of use. He’s also shown that Joker’s Jinx’s sign and trains are in the works of being repainted as well as thematic elements around the kid’s area.

D67C9DCD-D6FC-4F36-A10D-255CFB53CAB9.png

FB5718D6-2BD4-493C-A83C-B8BD4CFF2526.png

The map of Six Flags America as of today:

image.thumb.png.87d4083711bf497de2d06c0462d2d0c3.png

Yeah, they chopped off the whole Coyote Creek area so no Mind Eraser, Rodeo or Rapids Ride; and no Whistlestop Park kids area.

I'm assuming those will open up in the summer when staffing is better, etc. Then again, if Mind Eraser goes away .... let's celebrate!

edit: Also looked on their site and saw about Superman "Soaring again later this spring"

And I think they're making Hurricane Harbor a separate gate.

• 1 month later...

Crank up RCT!

Select WhistleStop rides are moving to the Looney Tunes area. That’s a good idea. Maybe some interplay with the antique cars? This funnels the youngest from the main entrance to the right.

Next, relocate the Bumper Cars and Rodeo to the former Whistlestop (Gotham Main Street?) The area is already level, turn the bumper cars up to Knoebels’ speed and those two fit nicely as intermediate rides. Batman and Robin Mobiles and BatCows?

Then, good-bye Mind Eraser, the rapids are now the end of Coyote Creek. Move Penguin to where it connects CC to the waterpark at the former Rodeo location. This funnels the waterpark crowd from the main entrance and left.

A waterpark only entrance would send swimmers to the second parking lot. Families with little ones and guests doing the whole park would park in the first lot. Extend the 3rd parking lot to a dry park only entrance between ROAR and Superman at Gotham Main Street. Easier access to night time events at the arena walking between four coasters.

Goodbye Batwing. Hello the long awaited hybridization of ROAR. Renamed to connect FireBird to the Chesapeake area.

The arena. No reason this area is not used daily: Concerts, movies, marching bands, Cheerleading, pro wrestling, tournaments, festivals, fan fests…

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 1:26 PM, MisterBrow said:

Crank up RCT!

Select WhistleStop rides are moving to the Looney Tunes area. That’s a good idea. Maybe some interplay with the antique cars? This funnels the youngest from the main entrance to the right.

Next, relocate the Bumper Cars and Rodeo to the former Whistlestop (Gotham Main Street?) The area is already level, turn the bumper cars up to Knoebels’ speed and those two fit nicely as intermediate rides. Batman and Robin Mobiles and BatCows?

Then, good-bye Mind Eraser, the rapids are now the end of Coyote Creek. Move Penguin to where it connects CC to the waterpark at the former Rodeo location. This funnels the waterpark crowd from the main entrance and left.

A waterpark only entrance would send swimmers to the second parking lot. Families with little ones and guests doing the whole park would park in the first lot. Extend the 3rd parking lot to a dry park only entrance between ROAR and Superman at Gotham Main Street. Easier access to night time events at the arena walking between four coasters.

Goodbye Batwing. Hello the long awaited hybridization of ROAR. Renamed to connect FireBird to the Chesapeake area.

The arena. No reason this area is not used daily: Concerts, movies, marching bands, Cheerleading, pro wrestling, tournaments, festivals, fan fests…

Those are all interesting points. 

Now which do you think would be the best makeover for Roar: RMC Iron Horse or GCI Titan Tracking/MF trains?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 10:18 PM, Jason Maier said:

Those are all interesting points. 

Now which do you think would be the best makeover for Roar: RMC Iron Horse or GCI Titan Tracking/MF trains?

Chocolate with my peanut butter or peanuts butter with my chocolate? I will not complain about either, I feel like for SFA they would do whichever is cheaper.

• 1 month later...

PXL_20230811_204029954.thumb.jpg.25f2a64dec9221ef0538d8e250c24b00.jpg

SFA is so premium they are now offering ZERO TRAIN OPS!

Figured a couple Superman laps would be a good way to get out of DC traffic for an hour or two.

Not much to report on as I only stopped in for 2 hours and honestly that's enough for this place. 1 train ops on everything and they're not exactly quick about it. Thankfully Superman had almost no one at it so got two back row rides. The air on that 3rd hill blows my mind every time and then the landing nearly blows my back out...sure comes down hard from that airtime.

Attempted to ride Wonder Woman and was seated and checked before they dumped the ride for technical difficulties and the ride went down as long as I was in the park.

Joker was deserted so hit that real quick. Enjoyed this a lot more than Flight of Fear...seemed smoother but more intense at the same time. It's more fun being able to see these twisted layouts as you go through them.

Hit Voodoo Drop for a quick walk on. Fun enough although I spoiled myself earlier this week by marathoning Atmosfear at Moreys which is probably the best drop tower I've ever been on.

Last ride was Wild One which had about a 20 minute station wait due to one train ops (and that one train cycling about once every 6 minutes). I loved this in 2020 but for some reason today it jackhammered a lot and I got stapled which made it even worse. Still lots of airtime for sure, but definitely disappointing after I gloated over this a few years ago.

Missed out on the Rajun Cajun credit again, it has been closed the last 2 times I've been. Also missed out on the Two Face credit the first time I ever went to this park because it was closed that day. This spot is cursed I think. Batwing was also closed while I was there. Skipped the lame GCI and the world's worst B&M so at that point I headed out.

• 3 weeks later...

From the Six Flags America FB page:

Six Flags America in celebration of its 25th Anniversary year, will get a newly-themed SteamTown – where the past meets the future.

This redeveloped steampunk realm coming in 2024 will include:

A whole new storyline

The all-new SteamWhirler family thrill ride

Three re-imagined attractions

Return of the award-winning stunt show

New food and retail offers

Plus, more surprises to be announced

Okay I was not expecting this. Perhaps Mind Eraser is getting re-tracked.

And it was strange not having a stunt show this year.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 2:57 PM, FlyGuy said:

Mind Eraser and Superman will both be getting new trains.

About time. Will the new ME trains have the vest restraints and the new Superman trains still have the Intamin T bar restraints?

edit: Where did you find this out?

On 11/14/2022 at 2:30 PM, coastersandhockey said:

Sorry for double post but I did see that Superman wound up opening this weekend. However, Adventure Park USA was able to open their coasters for a couple hours on Sunday and we made the trip there instead since we've never been there. I grew up riding Wildcat at Cedar Point and although this isn't the exact same ride, it was nice to get back on basically the same coaster again. Wild West Coaster is an interesting little ride too! We also chatted with who I believe was the owner for a little bit. You can tell the pride he has in his little park. I highly recommend a quick stop on your way to or from Six Flags America if you come from Northwest of DC. The park is located right off I70.

Some pictures:

20221113_123607.thumb.jpg.d627116d8645ebd51afec7b553a9b613.jpg

20221113_124311.thumb.jpg.713994c1740d2044bd70c816b4feb14f.jpg

20221113_124319.thumb.jpg.9d11057a780df43dd2ecffc85cee34f9.jpg

20221113_124705.thumb.jpg.0b93400b8f1eccad74242e4a30e2df3f.jpg

20221113_124730.thumb.jpg.f5d35e732a0f62f10ad45d580b23d16e.jpg

20221113_125325.thumb.jpg.3b5b83fce88184d3c357e6072c7f51c0.jpg

Plus their arcade has Nicktoons Racing! :3

Anyway, I went in September 2022. No Looney characters were meeting at the time (they were preparing for Fright Fest), and Mind Eraser was SBNO. It's finally reopening. Dear God. I have to get that freaking credit this year. At least there'll be no line...

I'm wondering if the Steampunk Area will be ready for Opening Day weekend.

And it'll be interesting to ride the new trains on Superman: Ride of Steel and whatever Mind Eraser will be renamed.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/14/2009 at 9:51 AM, alilstronger said:

Then they took away Krypton Komet (Chaos). Which I understand why but that ride was sooo fun!!!

Sorry for replying to an old post, but Krypton Comet is one of my special interests, and we need videos of the ride (not just photos.)