TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^ While we're on the subject about the restraints on Superman, Methinks the park should tear out those old restraints and put in the type of restraints that can be found on King's Dominion's Intimidator 305, and if they should ever do that, I'll shall be one happy rider.

"What else you want: a blizzard where I am? Methinks that would be much easier than what you want Six Flags America to do with Superman, but that's just my opinion."

As for the new coat of paint and new color scheme, that ride surely does look like a Batman ride ( I mean, Batman's costume is black with some yellow - purple is more Joker's color).

"I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!!!"

The Ride of Steel restraint is just a T-bar with those extra thingies fitted on either side. If you look at this photo of Superman at Darien Lake, you can see that they were originally just T-bars, and that in this later photo they welded the guards on either side and just above the feet.

The Bizarro restraints are exactly like the ones on El Toro. Guards on either side with no bar down the center.

Six Flags america totally sucks!!!!!!!!!! They have good rides that are in bad condition and the rudest park staff. Six Flags needs to put some effort into this park. If it were in better condition and if the staff was better behaved I would love it.

Have you been to the park this or last season? The staff has been exceptionally friendly. Yes, they still have some irritating staff but over all they have been friendly and act like they want to work there. I've ran into rude staff at some of the most praised parks staff wise - Dollywood, Busch Gardens, Disneyland, Hersheypark.

Also bad condition? They just need paint jobs - that is really it. They are putting LOTS of effort into the park. Did you not see how beautiful the grounds are? I mean its not Busch Gardens or Dollywood but it looks good there compared to how it looked years ago. They have completely re-painted the Joker at JJ as well as replaced both of his hands. Did you see not the amazing job they did with Apocalypse? It looks great and themeing is awesome.

Do they have some short down falls, yes. But EVERY park has its downfalls. No park is perfect.

^I'm right with you. Sometimes you just have to hit the ignore button... usually I don't dismiss people's post but for comment to just throw a statement out and not provide any specifics is just trash talk. What he stated exists at all parks in that region. "Aint no-body got time for dat" Chile bye!

^I'm right with you. Sometimes you just have to hit the ignore button... usually I don't dismiss people's post but for comment to just throw a statement out and not provide any specifics is just trash talk. What he stated exists at all parks in that region. "Aint no-body got time for dat" Chile bye!

Thank you Va!

I wanted to ignore but I couldn't because I am happy for this park that could.

^^Just got to ride Bizarro last weekend and I still prefer those to the ones at SFA. Either just have a T bar with no side guards or have the two side bars with no bar in the middle.

I agree with this however I still prefer the T-bar in the middle with no restricting bars on the sides or ankle restraints. The t-bar with the side guards is overkill.

Six Flags america totally sucks!!!!!!!!!! They have good rides that are in bad condition and the rudest park staff. Six Flags needs to put some effort into this park. If it were in better condition and if the staff was better behaved I would love it.

I think they are improving now. They are working on painting Batwing and Jokers Jinx, and it seems like they might have worked on Mind Eraser too, (not the paint though). I have seen worse staff at SFGADv. , so really, they're everywhere. I love this park, though it may not be the best, it is still a fun place.

Truth be told, there probably isn't much in the way of insight about this park this year as not much has changed since i was there in 2011, but here goes anyway:

Weather: Sunny but cool. Kinda perfect really.

Crowds: Sparse

Operations: Chipper and friendly. Joker's Jinx op said i looked like a badass in my sunglasses. IDK what he was talking about but i appreciated it nonetheless. Could do without the forced high-fives.

One-Train Ops: Batwing (didn't see train 2 anywhere), Ride of Steel (water-dummy populated 2nd on transfer track), Roar (2nd on transfer track), Apocalypse (not sure where 2nd was)

New to me - Apocalypse. Never been to SFGA to ride Iron Wolf. Front row. Yep, it's a stand-up. Some fun, some head banging. Nice themeing and placement.

Thanks, but No Thanks: Mind Eraser. Been there, felt that.

Never noticed before but should have: Wild One gets the best air-time in the front; not the back.

Getting old: Rise of Steel. Still awesome, but coming out of the second helix has a lot of shaking.

Forget what it's called and it doesn't seem to be on the website: Rainbow Ride near Wild One. SHOULD offer some simple butterfly-thrills but brakes kick in after apex of the rotation and offers next to nothing.

Still can't get over it: Batwing's placement in the middle of nowhere. SO much potential for that area.

Sign of at least trying: Half-Painted Batwing supports. Didn't open until 1:30 so they could keep painting.

Odd thing I noticed: This park has quite the variety of coasters....yet none of them are great examples of their respective manufacturers: B&M (but it's an old stand-up), Intamin Hyper (but they made much better versions in the next couple years), GCI (but when they were still working out the kinks. also no Millennium Flyers), Inverted Coaster (but it's an SLC), Flyer (but it's in the middle of nowhere and only has one train), Premier (can't really complain actually), Classic Woodie (OK, can't really bemoan much about this one).

It's not much but it was a good day

Painting of the supports on Batwing continues...

NAC_2274_1024x678.JPG.885511c09f7f769237d0c8e00b9e5c8a.JPG

Painting on Batwing

The comparison between the unpainted and the freshly painted supports is staggering. A shame that it had to get that bad, but so thankful for the new painting. Much better late than never. Even if they do not end up painting the track (which doesn't look so bad as is), the ride will look 100 x better than it did before!

For more images, check out SFAfans.com

^Met the GCI guys last year and they said that they've tried to market them to Six Flags and they haven't received much interest in return. They didn't seem to believe it was going to happen soon, if ever.

I was told/heard the same thing... wonder if we were in the same place.

^Well, to be perfectly honest, have the Millennium Flyers had THAT much of an impact on Wildcat at Hershey or Gwazi at Busch Gardens? If they added the flyers and Wildcat all of a sudden rode like Lightning Racer, I'd be totally on-board, but that's not the case. Personally, I think a much better option would be a Rocky Mountain treatment, or at least topper track.