TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

From what I read on another site it was said that IW was too old/worn out to be put back into service so could this mean that the standup for 2012 may be a new design alltogether?It's obvious by the clue "standing orders inside" that it's the standup coaster that was recently approved by the zoning board.

I don't see B&M making a new Stand-up... They haven't made one in like 10 years! So I think Iron Wolf, will be going to SFA... The thing the said on Facebook, that meant the rides name wouldn't be Iron Wolf.

Don't be so sure on that,just because B&M havn't built a new standup since SFOG's scorcher doesn't mean they won't if SFA asks them to do so.

Farfetched idea - what if it's a new standing coaster with the same layout as Iron Wolf?

Where would Iron Wolf go though? A standup hasn't been made since 1999, that was a long time ago. Maybe they'll refurbish it? That would do a lot of good IMO.

I really doubt it's a new stand up. But playing devil's advocate, there are the rumors saying that SF deemed Iron Wolf too old to be relocated. And the SFA facebook is claiming it's not Iron Wolf. And if I recall, wasn't SFA rumored to get a new stand up back in 2001, but dropped the plans in favor of Batwing? Maybe, just maybe, those plans are finally coming to fruition? Maybe SFI was using Green Lantern at SFGAdv as a trial to see how well the GP would receive a stand up as a "new" addition before they invested in an actual new one at SFA.

Just food for thought.

But it probably is just Iron Wolf. Or even worse, the old Batman The Escape that's been rotting away in a parking lot across from Darien Lake for the past 7 years.

Farfetched idea - what if it's a new standing coaster with the same layout as Iron Wolf?

Where would Iron Wolf go though? A standup hasn't been made since 1999, that was a long time ago. Maybe they'll refurbish it? That would do a lot of good IMO.

If IW is too worn out to be refurbished it'll be scrapped.

To most people today they'll see a standup as a new ride type never seen before,don't forget that the GP has no idea that other standups exist....the problem here is we're assuming that the GP has the same knowledge as we do about every single coaster/ride in the world when,in reality they don't.

Second:B&M WILL build a new standup if SFA,KD or any other park orders one as there's no expiration by which manufacturers use for their products.....chances are this might very well be a new design along the lines of chang/GL as it seems SFI might be willing to invest in new standups again since they are under new ownership after all.

I know but it seems like B&M is stepping up their game by innovating new coasters types. IMO standups are a hit or miss, either they're good and enjoyable, or really hurt. And I think Amusement parks know that and they've sorta edged away from them. I mean sure standups can be enjoyable, but it's not a "OMG WOW" type of ride, not something that makes the park unique. I don't know. That's just me.

hi guys! I've posted a blog of a roller coaster similar to Six Flags' boomerang rides.

Moderator Note: Link removed for violation of TOS

Please re-read the site's TOS that you agreed to upon signing up. Especially Rule #14:

14. Posting Links or "Spamming" -You must have at least 50 posts if you want to create a post which sole purpose is to link to your personal website, update, YouTube video, forum or any other website. If your post count is under 50 posts and your link has not be pre-approved by an admin or moderator, your link will be removed.

Edited by ernierocker

They are starting their teaser!!

This TOP SECRET envelope contains the impending announcement. How many clues do you think are hidden on this envelope alone? See how many clues you can count... That is, based on what you THINK is hidden inside...

http://www.facebook.com/SixFlagsAmerica

Iron Wolf is REALLY Coming!!!

I am just happy SFA is FINALLY getting a "new" coaster. Plus, strangely, that teaser doesn't really look that apocalypse-y. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

harper83087 asked this question:

Does the skull mean it's taking skull mountains land or could it mean something else?

Sadly, I'm not the right person to ask that question to, but I thought if this new coaster/attraction is coming to Six Flags America I thought it was going to take the area that Two Face used to be in.

Oh Boy, let the speculations commence.

"I've got one thing to commence: some downtime with me and your head."

I know but it seems like B&M is stepping up their game by innovating new coasters types. IMO standups are a hit or miss, either they're good and enjoyable, or really hurt. And I think Amusement parks know that and they've sorta edged away from them. I mean sure standups can be enjoyable, but it's not a "OMG WOW" type of ride, not something that makes the park unique. I don't know. That's just me.

There aren't many standups in the US to begin with so the GP will see this type of ride as something never before done when it debuts next season what with the only nearby standups being at KD & Carowinds...sure SFGRADV got a used standup but how many of the GP in MD.(the park's target demographic) even attend SFGRADV,let alone are aware that they now have a standup?

Edit: It appears that the ride is replacing SM Palmerberry as the sign in front of the area indicates that SM is being removed to make way for something new & as we know the two face area has been vacant for a while now.I wonder if they'll retheme skull island to somehow make the coaster fit the themed section better?I don't hardly think an apocolyptic themed coaster would fit well in a pirate themed section of the park.

^Wasn't there a permit approval or something from a few pages back labeled "Stand-Up Roller Coaster"?

Yea, Sorry. I was lazy. I hope it turns out to be a good ride.

The envelope also says "Standing Orders." Looks like a clue to me.

Yea my bad man. I'm just so happy this place is getting a new ride. It's been way too long. I'm also wondering what the theme will be? Maybe they will theme it off a sea monster. I don't think they want to lift the entire theme of the area. But then again, this is the same park that put Two-Face in Southwest Territory and put Thomas the Tank Engine in Gotham City. You never know, they could give it a DC Comic theme.