TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

And please, for the love of G-D, stop bitching. There are far more pressing problems in the world today than to whine about a coaster that's being moved into your park.

I really get tired of the complaining about the complainers, because honestly, I haven't seen that much in the way of complaints (in recent times). Sure, the same poster who has been on an anti-SFA rampage for years is bitching about the ride, but he's bitched at the slightest movement from the park.

Honestly, all your post does to me is scream I want attention. When people start complaining about how horrible getting a new ride is, and how awful poor SFA is getting treated, come back and I'll support you. But I really don't see the point in going into an Ancient Mythology Epic about complainers when there's one person who's been complaining, and he'd complain if SFA got an Euro Fighter, just for the sake of complaining.

SFA is not my home park, i usually only go once every few years since the water park and the amusement park together is a great value. So my opinions on this ride being put in are not one of a crazed fanboy.

I understand anyone that complains about this ride coming to their park. You would think after ten years six flags could at least splurge on a small scale new coaster. It is so old, I can't believe six flags is not going to just scrap it. What SFA needs in a coaster is something family oriented.

And please, for the love of G-D, stop bitching. There are far more pressing problems in the world today than to whine about a coaster that's being moved into your park.

I really get tired of the complaining about the complainers, because honestly, I haven't seen that much in the way of complaints (in recent times). Sure, the same poster who has been on an anti-SFA rampage for years is bitching about the ride, but he's bitched at the slightest movement from the park.

Honestly, all your post does to me is scream I want attention. When people start complaining about how horrible getting a new ride is, and how awful poor SFA is getting treated, come back and I'll support you. But I really don't see the point in going into an Ancient Mythology Epic about complainers when there's one person who's been complaining, and he'd complain if SFA got an Euro Fighter, just for the sake of complaining.

Ummm- If I wanted attention, I'd ask for it- Epic miss on that statement...

And as for the complaints; Read back quite a few pages, also, check out the FB pages as well, go read the SFGAm thread, add on Twitter accounts, and take a look around you. I've seen more complaining from people (Not just TPR people, but others) about IW's relocation than any other bitch-fest in a LONG time. Perhaps it's you who posted that for attention.

Ummm- If I wanted attention, I'd ask for it- Epic miss on that statement...

And as for the complaints; Read back quite a few pages, also, check out the FB pages as well, go read the SFGAm thread, add on Twitter accounts, and take a look around you. I've seen more complaining from people (Not just TPR people, but others) about IW's relocation than any other bitch-fest in a LONG time. Perhaps it's you who posted that for attention.

Alright, fair enough.

This might be a little different, but when SFNE announced they were getting Road Runner Express from SFKK, the original reaction from everyone was like, "WTF?" Now that it's opened, it's found its niche in the park and it's a hit.

I'm betting the same thing will happen with Iron Wolf. Sure coaster enthusiasts will be upset. Sure some of the GP "might" be upset. But the fact of the matter is, SFA is getting a coaster that is new to the park. SFA can pay back the cost of Iron Wolf's transport, painting, ect in a matter of months with good marketing. Then this will show SF that SFA can generate a good profit needed to pay for a bigger coaster.

An apocalyptic theme, as rumored will be cool to see with a stand up coaster, and personally I am looking forward to see what SF does with it. Lately they've been getting better and better with theming, I doubt this will be the exception.

I agree with everyone that a family coaster looks like it would fit in better, but Iron Wolf still looks like it would be unique to the park and be a pretty big draw among park goers.

Whenever a park gets a new ride, there always will be those people who wish their park got that giga (and even if they do, there may be complaining), but once it opens people usually warm up to the fact that the park got a new ride.

It is so old, I can't believe six flags is not going to just scrap it.

So should all parks with coasters built on or before 1990 just start scrapping them because they are too old?? Doesn't seem logical to me.

No. That is not at all what i said. If they are removing them, then yes. especially one that is unpopular. But by no means should a ride be scrapped just on the basis that it exists, and is old.

It is so old, I can't believe six flags is not going to just scrap it.

So should all parks with coasters built on or before 1990 just start scrapping them because they are too old?? Doesn't seem logical to me.

No. That is not at all what i said. If they are removing them, then yes. especially one that is unpopular. But by no means should a ride be scrapped just on the basis that it exists, and is old.

SFI had ten freakin years to give the park a brand new coaster but chose not to & that's what makes alot of people less than happy with this relocation & there's no way to be sure that they won't mess something up with it's removal/relocation since they managed to do rather well in messing UT up to the point where it could no longer operate yet they still shipped it to the park anyway.

I'm betting the same thing will happen with Iron Wolf. Sure coaster enthusiasts will be upset. Sure some of the GP "might" be upset. But the fact of the matter is, SFA is getting a coaster that is new to the park. SFA can pay back the cost of Iron Wolf's transport, painting, ect in a matter of months with good marketing. Then this will show SF that SFA can generate a good profit needed to pay for a bigger coaster.

An apocalyptic theme, as rumored will be cool to see with a stand up coaster, and personally I am looking forward to see what SF does with it. Lately they've been getting better and better with theming, I doubt this will be the exception.

^ Very well said. SFA doesn't have immersive theming, but they have been definitely getting the job done recentlyt. I definitely think this is a good move for SFA, for the obvious reason of not getting any major additions to the park since Batwing. Sure, there have been additions to the waterpark and the new Thomas Town/Whistlestop Park, but I can't recall hearing anything about thrill rides until now.

This is just the thing SFA needs to reinvigorate the GP's interest. And for coaster enthusiasts who either live in the DC area and/or have not gotten the chance to ride IW (like me), this is a great opportunity to (1) get a new credit, (2) experience B&M's first coaster for all it's worth, (3) see what SFA does to improve upon it. It's a given that they won't just pack IW up, ship it, and snap it back together. There's bound to be some refurbishment, new paint (most obviously), and hopefully new trains. I could listen to other people's opinions all I want about how rough it is and what not, but ultimately and personally, I want to experience for myself.

^ absolutely well said. I have been on IW (way back in 2002) and thought it was a nice, decent stand up. The bottom line is, it's a new coaster for SFA and as said they can absolutely turn this ride into a nice, refurbished, themed stand up that adds to their nice coaster line up. When they moved Chang to SFGAdv they definitely refurbed it, painted it and tacked on one of Riddler's Revenge's trains, it's running very well this year compared to my ride on it at SFKK in 2009, so I'm optimistic to see how this will go!

Oops! I guess I should have posted this in this thread and not in the SFGAm thread. Duh for me!

Looks like SFA's Site Concept permit for their top secret "Stand Up Coaster" (*smirk*) has been approved.

Capture.JPG.11e8dfc10057697c77c705a4e8f5d38e.JPG

So what superhero movie (besides Batman and Spiderman) is coming out next summer that SF will theme this to?

Well, they don't own the rights to Spiderman or The Avengers, so I believe Batman's the only one left. At least I don't think the new Superman comes out next year.

I pity Six Flags America, Iron Wolf (at least the last time I rode it in 2007) was brutal beyond belief, firmly in the "please make it stop" class of coasters.

Rumor has it that Wolfie will receive new trains, so that should really ease up on the roughness. It's actually got a really good, tight layout. It just needs A LOT of TLC.

• 2 weeks later...