TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dogwood Lake Park

How nice of a park was Dogwood Lake?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How nice of a park was Dogwood Lake?

• Best park I've seen!
    • Nice park, but could use some work.
    • Average park.
    • Nothing TERRIBLE, but nothing good either...
    • Worst park EVER!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice park! As for the new ride....my guess is a bigger ride like a B&M or Intamin hyper.

This is taking place in 1984...

B&M wasn't around then, and I don't think hypers were being made yet.

Oh crap I totally forgot about that! My vote is definitely for woodie then!

ANNOUNCEMENT

Last spring, 1984, the Daily family opened a world-class amusement attraction to Montgomery, IN. Dogwood Lake Park, a huge investment of over $25 million, is ready to expand!

"Last season," began the park's owner, "we introduced to America a place for families and thrill seekers. This year, we are targeting younger audiences!"

The park will open Lost Island of the Niños for the 1985 season. This large children's area will contain 4 attractions, including a new roller coaster!

Mark Daily stated, "We are sure this addition will please guests. See you on May 8th!"

Let's head on over to the construction site:

The largest new ride this year is Log Runner! This new family coaster is a standard model Vekoma roller skater.

3 new children's flats. From left to right: Lumber Lift (HUSS Frog Hopper), Search Party (Zamperla Kite Flyer), & Tree Top Tumble (Chance Tumblebug).

Overview of Lost Island of the Niños.

What do you think?

^:lolr: Yeah, I knew everybody was way off track, but I didn't want to say anything and ruin the "surprise".

Glad you liked how it turned out, though!

Hey guys, because of lack of time, starting with 1985, I will just be doing an Announcement and Year updates for every season.

The extra updates usually don't bring anything new, therefore, a shortage of comments, so I'm just going to cut them out.

Is this okay with everybody?

BTW, thanks for all of the comments!

Here we are, back to Dogwood Lake Park!

Attendance has risen dramatically because of Island of the Niños.

Log Runner is a hit with all guests, young and old!

But Woodland Dash is still the park's shining star!

Oh yeah, and Cyclone is here too...

Rumors are circulating everywhere. I've heard a new coaster, some thrill rides, more for the family, and even a large waterpark!

I guess time will tell... (well, I could, but I'm not going to... )

The 1986 season arrived before I knew it! Without any major announcement, the park opened late (May 15th), but with a new ride!

Take a look:

El Loco is the park's newest attraction, a Chance chaos.

The ride fits in nicely with its surrounding area.

Woodland Dash's queue was extended over the off season. This was a much needed improvement for the park. After all, with the coaster being DLP's star attraction, crowds used to spill out into the midway!

Oh yeah, and this contraption is still here (Surprisingly, it hasn't broken down all year!

Coming in 1897 will be the Dogwood Lake Park's largest addition yet! See you soon...

ANNOUNCEMENT

For 1987, Dogwood Lake Park introduces to the world, Screechin' Eagle. This huge wooden coaster, built by Philadelphia Toboggan Company, will be one of the longest, tallest, and fastest coasters of it's kind.

Mr. Daily, the park's president stated, "We expect this new addition to double the park's attendance, and increase capacity by 120%. We are excited about this world class ride, and we hope others will be too!"

Sounds fun! What do you think?

WOW that thing looks epic. That double helix might kill someone though

This park is my new favorite RCT park on this board.

Looks like I will have to build something, big, I mean big in my next park.

Good job DBru, you've earned your staff designer status. You will have a forum shortly.....Wait, wait, wait. I just remembered, you make your own forum, lol.