TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dogwood Lake Park

How nice of a park was Dogwood Lake?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How nice of a park was Dogwood Lake?

• Best park I've seen!
    • Nice park, but could use some work.
    • Average park.
    • Nothing TERRIBLE, but nothing good either...
    • Worst park EVER!

Well, with the new season comes a new update. We have expanded around Thunderbolt, including a second entrance to LIotN. In addition to this, Dogwood has added 2 more attractions.

These new rides were not originally intended for the park. You see, for 1997, Mr. Daily had contacted a company called "Mack" to build us another coaster, but the deal fell through. So instead, we received a Roll-O-Plane, and a family walk-through maze.

Check it out:

Roll-Over is one of the new rides this year. This spin on a classic ride holds 32 passengers and inverts them multiple times. It's quite thrilling!

The other new attraction is Maze of Mystery Gulch.

This neat little family maze is tucked away on a far edge of Lost Island of the Ninos.

Finally, here is an overview of the expansion.

What does everyone think?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The park is looking really great, and since I just discovered this thread today, Ill post upon some old news.

Can you change around the Vekoma Roller-Skaters station, its got a flat roof, and it just looks all jumbled and "off base" with how pretty and neat the rest of the park is.

And Dash's new colors try experamenting with others because IMHO I think that it looks a little "tacky."

In other news, cant wait for the next update, this is by far the best RCT2 park in TPR.

^Thanks!

I'm going to Lexington this week for basketball camp, so I won't be on again until Thursday night...

In the mean time, leave me lots of comments and suggestions, and I'll post a "special" update for you when I get back!

Thanks again!

-Daniel

^I'm sure that's just an attempt to make it look like a gradually increasing drop or a drop at an angle that you can't get in the game.

Anywho, this is one of my favorite parks on here! Can't wait to see your next update.

Thank you all for the comments! It's you guys that keep me building...

With all of the virus trouble's I'm having, I'm going to have delete RCT2 AND everything saved with it from my computer. If this doesn't work...I'm screwed

EDIT: Removed download, it was the old version...

Hmm... you know this is an old version? The only coasters are Cyclone and Woodland Dash.

---

TR:

Dogwood Lake Park was SO much smaller than I thought, but fun nonetheless. They weren't too busy; Woodland Dash had the longest line. Overall, I'd rate everything:

Cyclone: 6/10 - Rough, but very fun and simple.

Woodland Dash: 8/10 - Great speed, but jerked you at the turns a lot.

Dogwood River Rampage: 3/10 - It always breaks down, and you hardly get wet!

Whirling Dervish: 7/10 - Classic spin'n'puke.

Twirling Timbers: 6/10 - Nice scenery, but weak spinning.

Woodson Manor: 7/10 - The actors were great, it just wasn't very long.

Dogwood Lake Carousel: 4/10 - Not many double-deckers, but still fun.

Overall Scenery: 9/10 - Amazing scenery.

Overall Coasters: 8/10 - Even though there is only two, they're still quite fun.

Overall Water Rides: 3/10 - Dogwood River Rampage is it, and you can't consider it a water ride.

Overall Flat Rides: 6/10 - Classic spin'n'pukes, and Woodson Manor, and of course, DLC.

Overall: 8/10 - Nice, small park with fun rides and beautiful scenery.

OH NO!!!

I can't believe I did that...

I'm so frustrated right now! I uploaded the wrong version, deleted my park and EVERYTHING with it, and my game STILL WON'T WORK!

Hmm... do you have another computer you could use?

Or dare I say... try to skip through when it says "virus detected" and play. Who knows, maybe it'll work with nothing wrong?

But... it really sucks that you uploaded the wrong version.

At least you uploaded something though! If you still want to continue, you've got some of the park ready for you...

Maybe you should try backing your games up to a different disc! I dunno if that'd work...

I guess disable the Virus scanner and play for a short time, then save, get out, put the thing back on. Though that could all be a bit much...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again to everyone who followed me. I feel as DLP progressed, I learned more about the game, and it got better over time!

I have added a poll to the thread. As one last favor from everyone, I ask that you vote for how nice of a park Dogwood Lake was, and then leave a post explaining why you voted that way.

Thanks!

-Daniel

^Of course! I got my computer back yesterday, and I'm gathering ideas right now.

I'll take what I've learned from this park, and use it to make one that is even better!