TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

A blitz coaster would be so perfect for that area. It could start in the Invertigarden, use the area up over there, then launch over onto the Whitewater Falls side for the second half. There's still a ton of space back there around Gold Striker's back section.

Anyone else wondering if this new coaster could be a mini-B&M dive?! It could easily be 100ft tall, and with the use of an underground tunnel, the drop could be enlongated. Just saying, but The Ledge sounds like a good name for it

A blitz coaster would be so perfect for that area. It could start in the Invertigarden, use the area up over there, then launch over onto the Whitewater Falls side for the second half. There's still a ton of space back there around Gold Striker's back section.

I'd love to finally have a Blitz coaster on the West Coast and something like Maverick would really be a game changer for CGA. Hell, if they add a blitz and a hyper, I'll be making quite a few trips to San Jose!

I'm planning on heading to the park for the first time on Saturday the 8th (weekend after 4th of July). Are crowds manageable on Saturdays? We will not be buying Fast Lane.

Either way it shouldn't be that bad, with or without FL you're able to do the whole park in a day easily.

I mean... it fits the mold and the description from the conference call. It's also a reasonably priced coaster which is an important factor to consider when they're adding 4 coasters in one year (regardless of what the payment structure is).

Edited by coasterbill

The standard height seems to be 98.4 ft, though they differ between 65.6 feet and 131.3 ft so it's right in that range.

I'm just throwing it out there as a guess. The height of the station platform can easily change the overall ride height.

I'd point out that they already have something really similar, but SFMW has two frisbees so shrug.

If they did add that, at least I'd be saving a lot of money on a Gold Pass/Dining Pass/Drink Pass next year.

The standard height seems to be 98.4 ft, though they differ between 65.6 feet and 131.3 ft so it's right in that range.

I'm just throwing it out there as a guess. The height of the station platform can easily change the overall ride height.

Very good point! The listed height on a Architectural review probably won't match the number on the manufacturer's website due to many outside factors (footing height, platform height, where 0.0' is measured from, etc.).

But there are so many options for coaster models that are around 100.5' anyway... You are right that the half pipe coaster would easily fit there though. Here's a list of coasters with a height of 110' that I'd like for CGA to get: Beast, Wicked, Incredible Hulk.

I mean... it fits the mold and the description from the conference call. It's also a reasonably priced coaster which is an important factor to consider when they're adding 4 coasters in one year (regardless of what the payment structure is).

Oh gawd I hope so because then that means Knott's gets the new hotness coaster.

Well Screamscape just posted that new rumors are saying it'll be the first RMC Raptor, so...? For all I know, he could've gotten the rumor from CGA fanboys interpreting the conference call.

The next meeting date in Santa Clara is July 5. Maybe some people from here can go check it out if it's open to public??

^ I personally don't think Knott's getting the Raptor. I used to but not any longer. Knott's basically ready to begin construction and the Raptor is still testing last we heard. But there is another rumor that has me even more excited. Last year there were rumors that T-Rex track was spotted at Silverwood. But word soon came out that RMC was simply storing it at SW and now the track is gone. Where did it go?

The next meeting date in Santa Clara is July 5. Maybe some people from here can go check it out if it's open to public??

If it's open to the public, I'm sure that I'd be able to make it depending on what time it starts.

^Who knows where it went, I mean I know for a fact that construction walls are due to go up in early to mid July. I'd be surprised if we got the raptor but I'd be BLOWN AWAY if we got the worlds first T-Rex.

Announcement season is so hilarious to me. It's amazing to see how crazy everyone gets with speculation and rumor. I'm just happy to know that it all should be confirmed or denied by September or so. This year's announcements are shaping up to be really fun, too. Especially compared with the previous season.

^ But even then before the announcements of track were to appear on site hen we could confirm what company it may be.

I'm pretty sure we're going to see construction starting in July, at that point we should be able to make a more for sure guess. Raptor would definitely fit with what we know, though (~100ft, compact footprint, etc.). Although I'd love a coaster with more capacity...

(FWIW, all the Cedar Fair announcements last year came around like August 18, and the KI tease had 816 in it, which is National roller coaster day. So, even if we can't guess, not too long before CF will confirm it).

If you guys are worried about capacity, just go to the park after 8pm on weekdays.

Last Thursday there couldn't have been more than fifty people in the entire park from 8-10. So amazingly awesome not having to hear three million basketballs being bounced directly in my face all day long.