TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

So jealous that the park is open since my home Park is CP... Looks great though! I'm curious about how smooth Gold Striker and Flight Deck are running since it's later in the season than usual and those trains will have more laps on them than usual.

Well I'm in line for Gold Striker right now, its on one train op but it totally makes sense. Not sure about Flight Deck, but I'll for sure post another update once I'm home.

First time ever in the Bay Area, and first time ever at CGA. Just happened to go during opening night of Winterfest. Absolutely loved it! It was done really well. Gold Striker was amazing, smooth, forceful, and so far the best GCI coaster I've been on. Flight Deck was very fun at night.

CGA was millions better than the other park in the Bay Area ... and even though Joker was really fun, it's probably ranked as my least Favorite RMC to date.

For those who have been to both, how does CGA event compare with SF HITP?

I haven't don't HITP in awhile but I do remember it. But I may be biased on this opinion, as CGA is my home park. But from everything that saw last night and what I did, I'd say it was better on a lot of aspects and details. I'll probably have a better answer next week when I see more shows and taste the seasonal foods.

IMG_1214.thumb.JPG.de07b7cb4b4c0540ea4a9204d90bd2d2.JPG

Meanwhile, I'll leave you guys with this "Elfie" as Jack Frost said as he was walking by.

For those who have been to both, how does CGA event compare with SF HITP?

I haven't don't HITP in awhile but I do remember it. But I may be biased on this opinion, as CGA is my home park. But from everything that saw last night and what I did, I'd say it was better on a lot of aspects and details. I'll probably have a better answer next week when I see more shows and taste the seasonal foods.

Thanks! Any other opinions from other folks?

So jealous that the park is open since my home Park is CP... Looks great though! I'm curious about how smooth Gold Striker and Flight Deck are running since it's later in the season than usual and those trains will have more laps on them than usual.

Just assume every B&M invert is running flawlessly 100% of the time. I've never had a rough ride on one of those things, they constantly deliver.

Nice, they haven't said when it's going to open yet, right? It seems like with how quick the painting happened and the sign being up it could be opening relatively early in the season...(I assume that's just wishful thinking, though)

I would think the park would be having major problems with management if it didn't open opening day now. It would be a crime if it wasn't

With how fast they got it all painted and with all that they have left to do, I would be surprised if it wasn't ready for opening day. All I'm hoping for is if they do a promotional shoot like they did with Gold Striker.

I'm not sure if I'll want to ride Patriot 15 times in a row, though

352261889_54-emblem-plaque-90-536ProtestantCross_1262019075.thumb.jpg.589b5be8148f300bbdbd27c56996f112.jpg

The plan actually details a 245 foot hyper coaster, a 240 foot tall Tower ride, an 80 foot tall water slide tower, a 140 foot tall swinging ride, and a slingshot.

I'm really looking forward to these if it comes true. I might actually pay attention to the government now with this

Also said that there could be an "increase of noise" near Grizzly. I wonder what that could mean........

OMF RMC Gruzzly 2018

This is really a treasure trove of information to dork out about, but this right here seems to be the most exciting part of the project.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.ff7973ea5af146a73ec6d3358b89ae83.jpg

Aside from that, this is also pretty interesting...

Park Schedule and Hours of Operation The proposed Master Plan PD Zoning park schedule will allow year -round operations to occur at Great America (365 days/year). Daily hours of operation for all rides, attractions and entertainment venues, restaurants and hospitality are proposed to be extended to 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM . The amphitheater will also be allowed for concert and event use from 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM Fridays and Saturdays and from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM Sunday through Thursday. The water park hours will be 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM with new safety lighting installed . The proposed commercial/entertainment district (Zone 1) will have year -round operations. The hours for all restaurants, retail shops, entertainment/bar and indoor theater/event facilities will be 6:00 AM to 1:00 AM . As proposed, special events and overnight private events could occur year-round, any day of the week with Great America open 24 hours. A limit of 24 overnight events will be allowed per year, including but not limited to Grad Nights, camp outs, Corporate Buyouts, club events (i.e. Girl Scouts), and overnight stays. No exterior rides will be operated after 1 :00 AM. Eight (8) events will be allowed outdoor amplified entertainment until 1:00 AM with an additional 16 events per year allowed amplified entertainment until 12:00 AM Entertainment occurring indoors may be provided all night. Maintenance activities of the theme park will be allowed to occur 24 hours a day as needed.

While it's obvious that the park itself will not be open 365 days a year, it looks like they want to extend their hours significantly.

I've only skimmed the surface of this but it's really, really interesting.

This is really a treasure trove of information to dork out about, but this right here seems to be the most exciting part of the project.

[attachment=0]Untitled.jpg[/attachment]

Aside from that, this is also pretty interesting...

Park Schedule and Hours of Operation The proposed Master Plan PD Zoning park schedule will allow year -round operations to occur at Great America (365 days/year). Daily hours of operation for all rides, attractions and entertainment venues, restaurants and hospitality are proposed to be extended to 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM . The amphitheater will also be allowed for concert and event use from 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM Fridays and Saturdays and from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM Sunday through Thursday. The water park hours will be 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM with new safety lighting installed . The proposed commercial/entertainment district (Zone 1) will have year -round operations. The hours for all restaurants, retail shops, entertainment/bar and indoor theater/event facilities will be 6:00 AM to 1:00 AM . As proposed, special events and overnight private events could occur year-round, any day of the week with Great America open 24 hours. A limit of 24 overnight events will be allowed per year, including but not limited to Grad Nights, camp outs, Corporate Buyouts, club events (i.e. Girl Scouts), and overnight stays. No exterior rides will be operated after 1 :00 AM. Eight (8) events will be allowed outdoor amplified entertainment until 1:00 AM with an additional 16 events per year allowed amplified entertainment until 12:00 AM Entertainment occurring indoors may be provided all night. Maintenance activities of the theme park will be allowed to occur 24 hours a day as needed.

While it's obvious that the park itself will not be open 365 days a year, it looks like they want to extend their hours significantly.

I've only skimmed the surface of this but it's really, really interesting.

It definitely is. I recommend skimming and finding the parts about the park itself, as there is a lot about the environment and like 5 pages on bird migration.

Also interests me that Orbit (ride itself) reaches a higher max sound output than Gold Striker

I just wish CF would buy the land that the office spaces occupy. Not only would it give more room for expansion, but it would eliminate those pesky neighbors who complain about 'noise'. I'm sorry but when you are inside a building, a roller coaster is not going to be THAT loud. At least not loud enough to warrant complaints. But, I doubt any of that will happen any time soon.