TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Apple iPod Touch

verticalzero

Yesterday I bought a 16Gb I-touch, I'm interested to hear from other

i-touch owners what applications, Lock-up screen wallpaper etc they have on their machine.

Give advice on how to add "backgrounds" to the i-touch so it is not just a black background.

What type of Safe hacks can be done to change the icons on the display.

Any good links for hacks, wallpaper (esp Sony Playstation Triangle,Square,Circle and X pictures).

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a stupid decision to have the touch in flash memory... they should have just stuck with HDD. And the $500 price? No thanks. They could've at least killed off the 8GB version and made the 16GB version $399 and the 32GB $499.

After seeing the latest round from Apple, I'm tempted to buy an iTouch, however, my laptop, exluding it's size, really ends up being my iPod on a trip.

I'll probably end up buying one in the next couple years and MAYBE catch up with the times.

Oh, and EBL, "Touching is good" according to Nintendo's old DS ads.

I think it was a stupid decision to have the touch in flash memory... they should have just stuck with HDD. And the $500 price? No thanks. They could've at least killed off the 8GB version and made the 16GB version $399 and the 32GB $499.

Typical Apple move though. I'm sure when Classic sales slow enough, they'll completely kill that line and move to Touch, Nano, and Shuffle only. HDD based MP3 players are old tech at this point, it's going to be Flash from here on out. It does suck though, the Touch/iPhone interface is sooo much nicer to watch video on, but the 8gb just doesn't hold that much. I'm sure the 16GB will be $299 by the holiday season, though.

I have 35gigs of music and currently growing.

I'm transferring all my CD's over into Apple Lossless (Think FLAC quality) and that makes each music file on average 18mb. Why Apple Lossless? I just bought a pair of professional grade High-Fidelity InEar Headphones.

I REALLY want the iPod Touch, but with only 32GB, I think I'll wait. Hopefully until they release an 80gig model. If the iPhone reaches 60gigs, I think I'll just invest in that.

• 1 year later...

About a month ago, my faithful old Zune, after 2 years, finally died out on me. Luckily, I could afford a new multimedia device, so I decided to buy myself a 16 gig Ipod Touch. I didn't want an IPhone, because I hardly use my regular cell phone enough to justify a contract.

I'm really glad I took a chance with this device, because it is awesome. The screen is so big, and perfect for watching movies (I bought software a year ago which can rip videos from my DVDs, which helps with this). The overall interface is nice and slick, and the touch-screen technology is implemented perfectly.

My only gripe right now is with the wireless connection. It can't seem to last 5 minutes without losing the connection to my router. Then again, I plan on getting a new router in the near future anyway, so that might help (My current once has been in use since about 2004)

Also, a question to anyone who'd know...what's the best poker game to buy for it right now? On my Zune, I had a great Texas Hold 'em game that I played a lot, and I want to find something like that for the Ipod. Problem is, there's a lot of Poker games for it, and it's not clear which one's the best bet.

The official Apple Poker game is very good. I play it a lot. Is has multiplayer if you're on a wireless network too which is nice. Many maths lectures have been improved greatly by playing poker on the university network!

I've never had a problem with wireless on my friends iPod touch (or my phone, I fairly sure it's the same wireless hardware) Hopefully the problem sorts out when you get a new router!

Dave

• 1 month later...

So after my old iPod Nano got stolen, I have been waiting to find the cheapest 2G iTouch, but when I told my friend this he said the 3G iTouch should be coming out in September. So should I buy an older generation for cheap or get the new one for a little bit more?

^ Apple hasn't said anything about the 3rd Gen iPod Touch, but you can pretty much expect it in september (as has been their tradition the past couple of years). The big "rumor" is that the 3rd Gen will have a camera, which sounds likely as it would need a major "addition" to differentiate it from the 2nd Gen. So I would suggest holding off till then.

^ I'll second that. I need something bigger than my 4GB WALKMAN so I've been looking into the 16GB iPod Touch. But I don't want to get one, then two months later the new one comes out. Clearly, technology advances waaay to fast nowadays.