TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2008 - The Official Thread!

I have been looking forward to this event since i heard about it. I did not think that X2 was going to be available. I'm not even that big a fan of of X to begin with.

I just think that its great that Magic Mountain is going along with all of this, and is willing to go all out for such an event. I have been lurking around, and had not posted until now, but I can see that a lot of hard work is going into this. I, and my group that is coming up to the park, are really, really excited about Sunday. All i had to do to sell them was that just tell them about the ERT, both morning and night, and they were there. All the other stuff that is planned just seems like an extra added bonus.

If anything, I have become fascinated with the opportunity to see backstage at the park. I think that is going to be a real highlight, especially after looking at all the pictures from the TPR coaster video premier.

Anyway, that is just my .02

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just called to order tickets, and they told me that we'd have to get them on Sunday morning and they'd have them at the registration table.

Sounds like typical SFMM operations (different answers for everything). So the tickets aren't going to be at will call?

Robb I think you're worrying too much. All the stuff people are disappointed about will be mundane after the event because of everything that's going on.

Tatsu media day was amazing and there was nothing more than that going on then. This is going to have so much more, the day will take care of itself.

In a rare serious moment, I just want to say that surprise or no surprise, we're getting one hell of an event. This will be a day to enjoy and remember for years to come.

SFMM doesn't have to do this, but they are anyway. I really hope that Jay, Tim, and everyone else have to spend the entire week doing nothing but reading all of the e-mails thanking them that should come from each person who attends.

Heck, even Robb and Chris deserve them, too, for putting this on.

Eric

I really wish I could be in Valencia this weekend. It sounds like such an amazing time. It's great what you and the thrillride people help to put together, especially for only $20 . Hopefully WCB '09 I'll be there. I hope everyone has fun!

^^ I agree 100% with you there Eric. I wouldn't care if we got any surprises or not, this would be one hell of an event just because of the people attending! Seriously Robb, don't feel bad because people are complaining, I really do think they will forget everything they said and it will turn out to be a huge success. I can't wait for Sunday!

---Brent

My family and I have been really excited ever since the first email that Robb sent out. Just ERT, meals and a t-shirt are worth WAY more than the $20 registration fee. The backstage tours, presentations, and the surprise(s) (whatever it/they may be) are icing on top of an already awesome looking cake. We have literally been counting the days this week, waiting for the weekend so we can be on our way. I can't even imagine how much work has gone into this event and we're very grateful for all of it from everyone involved. We're looking forward to a great event and some great fun.

My family and I have been really excited ever since the first email that Robb sent out. Just ERT, meals and a t-shirt are worth WAY more than the $20 registration fee. The backstage tours, presentations, and the surprise(s) (whatever it/they may be) are icing on top of an already awesome looking cake. We have literally been counting the days this week, waiting for the weekend so we can be on our way. I can't even imagine how much work has gone into this event and we're very grateful for all of it from everyone involved. We're looking forward to a great event and some great fun.

Wow, it's great to know that others are just as excited about this event as I am! I hope to meet you and your family!

Me and my brother are excited about sunday, although I think I'm a bit more excited than him. It's the only reason that I would be willing to get up early on a weekend. I find it cool that I'll actually be there though, since I would typically read event trip reports on the site and never really thought I would attend one. see you sunday.

Gotta let out the Charlie Brown post-football "AAUGH!"

First my "coaster convert" friends couldn't make it, which was still ok because it's an event worth going to even if solo, and now as of last night, with my ticket and registration in hand, BAM..... I have the FLU! Yes, the flu, complete with fever, chills, headaches, coughing, sneezing, and general grossness that comes with it (beware if someone you know has these symptoms!).

Considering this would have been my first TPR event, it probably isn't a good idea I introduce myself as Sicky McCoughsalot, and spread the wealth. So I will, with great difficulty, have to pass on the bash. Of all weekends to get the flu it had to be this one!

Robb/Elissa, any chance of still getting the T-shirt or something small for paying but missing the bash? Otherwise I suppose I'll wait until the next great TPR event for any perks to come along. I'd offer my ticket and registration to anyone interested but it's a little late and virus-ridden at the moment.

Oh well, have fun guys. Will have to meet everyone next time. Drink lots of water, wash your hands often, get plenty of rest tonight (even with an hour lost), and try to stay healthy!

And curse you, flu shot, for leading me on! (fist pounding in air)

Phil

I just called to order tickets, and they told me that we'd have to get them on Sunday morning and they'd have them at the registration table.

So there's no way to pre order the $18.50 general admission tickets, we just have to buy them tomorrow, at a separate location from the WCB check in where we'll pay the $20.

Alright, well I thought I'd be there before 8 to be able to pay for registration and the park tickets but it looks like that's not going to be happening, it may be after 9:15.

Is there a way to just pay now, under my previously registered name? Because I know that I'm going to be late I have to pre-pay for the event, but I don't want to make another order under my name. Or should I just go to the store and make another registration and pay that way?

This one was directed at Robb or Elissa, or if someone else knows a way lemme know.

Also, will it be a problem if I pay tonight before eleven?

^ Yes, you may pay now via paypal - account name "store@themeparkreview.com"

^^ Well, hopefully it's only a 24hr flu and you'll feel better later tonight or early tomorrow? If not, email me and if we still have the shrits left you may take your pick of what sized are remaining. Sorry you can't make it!

--Robb