TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

onride.de presents: Extrem TOP-Spinning

I don't think everyone realizes this, but this is not a full size Top Spin. Yes, it's a Huss Top Spin, but the smaller version, the Top Spin Junior. This one has a capacity of 28 people, not the normal 40 people capacity the standard Top Spin has. To make a full size Top Spin flip that many times would require exact timing of the arm movement, and probably cannot do the flips as easily as the Junior model would.

The reason the Junior model can do the flips easily is because it is much more lighter and can do the flip without the brakes, where the full size and the Giant sized model would need the brake to position the gondola in the right position to do a flip.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I counted 108 and the second video backs me up on that. But honestly that is nuts and I would probably love it. I think the most I've gone upside down in a day is 120 times, and that was after spending an entire day in the Adventuredome in Vegas. One ride on this thing and I would get damn near beating that. Thanks for sharing!

The best this is that they all are clapping after the ride I thought that at least 1 was vomiting - but no!

I agree the clapping was awesome!

That thing had so much speed through the majority of the flips. That takes a pretty talented operator to pull something like that off. 107 flips in about 3 minutes...I wonder if there's a record on the books.

I love flat rides to death, but I don't think I could handle that.

Can the ride ops for Voodoo at SFDK take this video into consideration!?

I have a feeling they run a pre-programmed cycle. When I was there back in June, I sat in a nice shady spot and watched a few cycles and they were all pretty close to the same. I didn't see the operators pressing any buttons or joysticks after the cycle started.

That's just unbelievable. I love the pic of the crew with the operator. I don't my stomach would have survived that though.

I can't imagine that being very good for the ride though. I wouldn't think they are made to withstand such long periods of continuous, high stress. Who knows though.