TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

I loved Prometheus. It's an excellent SciFi film, but it's definitely not a horror/action film that one might expect from previous Alien films. The biggest problem is that people went in expecting Alien and were given something completely different. I like that it's a film that allows you to interpret it however you want, rather than be told the explanation to everything.

Saw Skyfall for a second time and loved it just as much as my first time. Glad to see it doing so well at the box office. I think that by the end of Daniel Craig's run he will be considered one of the top Bonds (if you don't already think he is). Hell, Roger Moore already says he's the best one.

I loved Prometheus. It's an excellent SciFi film, but it's definitely not a horror/action film that one might expect from previous Alien films. The biggest problem is that people went in expecting Alien and were given something completely different. I like that it's a film that allows you to interpret it however you want, rather than be told the explanation to everything.

Saw Skyfall for a second time and loved it just as much as my first time. Glad to see it doing so well at the box office. I think that by the end of Daniel Craig's run he will be considered one of the top Bonds (if you don't already think he is). Hell, Roger Moore already says he's the best one.

Yeah, I would've rather seen a horror movie out of Prometheus. Or better yet, this could've been the third Alien vs. Predator

Just wanted to let you all know about this movie that I AM IN (eek!). If you're friends with me on Facebook then you may have already checked it out, but if not then go show some love to the movie page. It's a local film being shot here in my hometown. I have no idea when/where it will be shown. I do know that the director is planning on entering it in some festivals next year. But we're currently not even finished filming yet. I started filming my scenes this past Saturday, and will have a few more days of filming in the next few weeks. I have lots of stage experience but this is my first film experience and I'm very excited! I'll keep you guys updated as things progress!

Survive the Innocent

So how does the film shoot compare with stage? Which do you prefer?

I think I still prefer the stage. You just feed off a live audience; there is nothing like the feeling of performing for a full house. Curtain call is the best feeling while wrapping up filming for the day was kind of anticlimactic. But still, film has its advantages such as multiple takes if you screw up, lol.

EDIT: Brave was great. The animation was great and I have to give Pixar credit, as this was a great movie. I thought the plot was very intriguing and interesting. There was also a great mix of humor involved, especially from Merida's father and her little brothers. A great movie that I highly recommend for fans of animation - 8.5/10

Edited by molemaster43

Watched The Amazing Spider-Man last night. On the plus side, I think Andrew Garfield was a better choice for the lead than Tobey McGuire was in the Sam Raimi flicks, and the web-slinging sequences looked more realistic and less cartoony. On the negative side, the Lizard wasn't one of Spidey's more interresting foes, and he did look a bit cartoony.

EDIT: Brave was great. The animation was great and I have to give Pixar credit, as this was a great movie. I thought the plot was very intriguing and interesting. There was also a great mix of humor involved, especially from Merida's father and her little brothers. A great movie that I highly recommend for fans of animation - 8.5/10

Love that movie!! This one is definitely being added to my home library.

I saw Flight a few days ago...and wow. That movie wasn't what I thought it was gonna be. You think it's just going to about a crash, and the events leading up to it, but it's anything but that. The actual flight is really a small factor in the whole story, if you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about.

Watched The Amazing Spider-Man last night. On the plus side, I think Andrew Garfield was a better choice for the lead than Tobey McGuire was in the Sam Raimi flicks, and the web-slinging sequences looked more realistic and less cartoony. On the negative side, the Lizard wasn't one of Spidey's more interresting foes, and he did look a bit cartoony.

I love that they are setting up the franchise with some mystery to Peter's back story where the Raimi one was so straight forward. Overall this one was much better than the Raimi movies. Excited to see where they go with it in #2 with Electro.

Footloose - I recently saw the remake of Footloose. This movie was better than I expected. The movie did not start out that great. However, towards the end, it started becoming more dramatic and I got more into it. I was really enjoying it there, until I heard Blake Shelton's cover of "Footloose" (It isn't bad, but Kenny Loggins' version is a lot better). Overall: 7/10

Amadeus - This movie wasn't that good. The plot was confusing at times, but I thought it was interesting to see Mozart begin to go mad right before your eyes. It might not be the most noticeable, but it was very interesting to see. Overall: 5.5/10

The Amazing Spiderman - Great movie. I wasn't expecting much from this movie, but I was immensely impressed with this movie. The action was great and the Lizard was really interesting and much different from the one in the other Spiderman with Tobey McGuire. The plot was different, which I enjoyed, because it was made much better. And not to mention, Andrew Garfield was amazing in his role as Peter Parker. 20x better than Tobey McGuire. As for Emma Stone, much better than Kirsten Dunst. Not a screamer, but a bit more of a fighter. Overall: 8/10

Edited by molemaster43

The Amazing Spiderman - Great movie. I wasn't expecting much from this movie, but I was immensely impressed with this movie. The action was great and the Green Goblin was really interesting and much different from the one in the other Spiderman with Tobey McGuire. The plot was different, which I enjoyed, because it was made much better. And not to mention, Andrew Garfield was amazing in his role as Peter Parker. 20x better than Tobey McGuire. As for Emma Stone, much better than Kirsten Dunst. Not a screamer, but a bit more of a fighter. Overall: 8/10

The villain in The Amazing Spider-man was the Lizard, not the Green Goblin.

Edited by cfc

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part Two: I just got out of this one not too long ago. I decided to go this one just to see what all the fuss was about. Having not seen the past four movies in the series, I was horribly confused by a lot of it. I was just lost throughout the first act of the movie, though there was one hilarious scene between Bella's dad and Jacob! I did love how intense the climactic battle in the third act was, that is until...well I rather spoil it for people.

I guess Twilight fans will probably like this okay, but it didn't do too much for me (at least not until the third act).

I tried to see Lincoln tonight, but it was sold out. Nice to see that our 16th president can hold his own against a bunch of sparkly vampires.

Then again, he is ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER!

I FINALLY got around to watching The Terminator. For some reason, my family never owned a copy of it growing up, but we had Terminator 2: Judgement Day, and it's still one of my favorite movies to this day. But on the subject of the original, I was thoroughly entertained. While it is a lot of "run away from the danger," the elements behind their actions and the steps they take to achieve safety made for some very compelling story-telling. The action sequences were very well choreographed and the finale was very intense with a satisfying ending. A few minor complaints, some of the special effects looked rather cheesy, especially with special effects movies Blade Runner, Star Wars, Close Encounters, and Alien all prior; but special effects are hardly what make a great movie great. The score also hasn't aged well. Maybe I'm just biased to orchestras over whatever sound is popular at the time, but I'm glad it was fixed in the sequel. Biehn and Hamilton were great, and Schwarzenegger makes for a really really awesome cyborg. T2 is an upgrade on EVERY single level, but The Terminator is still a really solid movie.

Also today, I watched Toy Story 3 for the first time in a while. I think there's something wrong with the ending though. Every time it plays, my face tries to push water out of my eyes, it's really weird.

^The special effects in the original Terminator are pretty damn good, considering that it was fairly low budget movie made in 1984 before CGI started taking over special effects. Then again, I'm a fan of the old-school techniques, such as miniatures and stop motion.

I saw the movie Lincoln and it was pretty good. The actors are fantastic as Abe Lincoln, Mary Lincoln, General Grant, Robert E. Lee, etc. all look like the pictures you find in encyclopedias and textbooks. I would recommend watching the film.

I finally went and saw Pitch Perfect. OMG this movie is hilarious! I love comedies when it does not seem forced and the things they say/do in the movie are things that people would say/do in real life. Rebel Wilson is my new favorite actress and I can not wait to see more and more of her. It was finally nice to see Brittany Snow back on the big screen as well.

Really looking forward to watch Lincoln. Looks like a good movie. As for Terminator, I too am still impressed at the special effects. They also did a great job with the Universal Terminator attractions. For as old as they are, the 3D effects are really really good.

I liked Skyfall, too, although I'm not a fan of Daniel Craig as Bond (this was the best of the last three Bonds, though). I also saw Cloud Atlas, which I enjoyed. It does make me want to read the book.

Watched Liz & Dick the other night only to see just how horrible Lindsay was in it. The pleasant surprise was the whole thing was pretty awful so her performance just matched the level of the medocher made for tv movie. In short thank god we got Mean Girls before she totally fell apart.