TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

On the benching note, I benched both of my RB on the colts on my FF team for Chris Johnson and Cedric Benson. I hope that means Addai will have an all star game. Usually happens that way.

Wait...What?? You had Addai and Donald Brown starting over Chris Johnson in fantasy league?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I was sitting at the Macaroni Grill at the Orlando International Airport on Sunday, enjoying my capellini pomodoro and bruschetta, while watching the Redskins take a 10-0 lead. After a while I proceeded to gate 97 while receiving my live text message updates on the game - unfortunately, all of the terminal televisioins were on the Colts game. I boarded my flight back to sunny Philadelphia with a good feeling. I got off about 2 hours later, and considered making a trip to DC to tryout for their kicking position.

I just Caldwell keeps the charcoal going after a win on Sunday and doesn't let the coals cool until Jan.'s playoff game that won't be until the 17th at the earliest.

It would be a month between the time the last meaningful game and the first playoff game would happen.

Plus I need Peyton and all to give me some good FF points for two weeks for playoffs in the league. I need Peyton and Garcon to get atleast 3 touchdowns, Addai to run it in for a couple on Sunday so I can beat the big man in my match up. Then for the defense to score one and sack Orton a bunch. Man, I can dream can't I?

As much as I hate to say it, I believe their problems consist of one player. I always say its the team that wins it, and it usually is the case.

But in this instance, the Steelers play completely different without Palomalu. With him playing, they seem to always win or atleast have a chance at winning. Without him, they look like one of the worst teams in the NFL.

I will be SHOCKED if the Saints don't go 16-0...the Colts is another thing because they have a tougher schedule, face teams fighting for the playoffs, and I believe Caldwell has already stated theyll be conservative and rest starters, but the Saints really have not much difficulty between them and 16-0 and I heard Sean Payton said "16-0 is a goal" which I assume means theyll at least play their starters enough to try and secure wins...

I hope by resting he means they play 75% of the game, but even if we don't win the next three, I won't be disappointed. The only team that scares me at this point is the Jags only because they are a divisional opponent. Nothing against Jets of Bills, but the Bronco's was the biggest test of the last four games remaining. The Colts had them done in the 1st half.

I hope my friend on the Jets has to play a bunch when the Colts play him. Him playing means the Jets can't score and he has to punt.

Got this Saturday.

While it was Christmas present to a friend, once he signed it to me, can't really give it to him.

So the Pro Bowl this year is the week before the Superbowl. It is also not in Hawaii this year, it is in the same city as the SB (Miami). The NFL is doing this is probably to keep fans to the SB city for a longer time. But I can't imagine any SB team coach allowing any of his players to play in the Pro Bowl.

Just imagine this years PB without Peyton and Brees, it would loose some of its luster.

^ That would be cool, as long as it wasn't on the beach. Robert Edwards could have been a great back, but some rookie sand flag football game destroyed his knee.

As a serparate rant, I really don't get why the Colts are hinting at resting players. Everytime they have done it backfires and they come out flat in the playoffs. There is always a risk of getting hurt. Would you sit Manning in week 1 or 5?

I don't know if they will or not. I have decided to start Manning in FF and risk it. There is two thoughts to that though.

*rest them and not risk getting hurt

or

*play them and risk them getting hurt and not being able to play in the playoffs.

I am glad I don't have to make that decision. I hope they don't and no one gets hurt.