TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

It has been interesting watching this all unfold. Incognito sounds like a jerk to begin with but for Martin to just walk off the team? Sounds like there is a little more to it like maybe more of the team and management is involved?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, this whole story is still kind of fishy to me. It is strange that all of his team mates and other veterans have come to Incognito's defense in this situation, I mean if the guy is that big of a jerk/bully/rascist/whatever you would think this would be the perfect opportunity to really villafy him, yet the opposite has happened. Even though his reputation is pretty bad with the rest of the league his teammates (other than Martin) do seem to really respect him.

I have no clue what to make of the situation as things keep changing so fast in the media that it's hard to keep up. Sure seems like a real cluster down in Miami though...what a circus.

I do know that both of these guys were cast-offs from the Bills offensive line and neither one were ummmm...very good. Looks like they did the right thing by getting rid of both of them. Although we have enough problems with our shitty hockey team getting a bad rap in the media for our goons throwing cheap shots to the head.

There's definitely something more to this story than we are seeing, but how much is going to come out in the near future? It could be a couple months or even a year before the whole story comes out. Sounds like both parties are equally accountable. Can't go along with the bullying one day and then flip your lid the next. I'm not advocating for bullying, but in an NFL Locker Room, the situation is quite a bit different.

I can't help but laugh at this most recent story, yeah it is very inappropriate, but it is kind of hilarious at the same time.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-reportedly-harassed-woman-at-charity-golf-outing-used-golf-club-in-lewd-manner/

"The then 34-year-old volunteer told police that Incognito had been drinking, and when he was at the hole where she was working, he rubbed her privates with a golf club and knocked a pair of sunglasses off her head with it, according to the report.

“After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying ‘Let it rain! Let it rain!’” the report states. “He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face.”

Oh Richie, he's just a fun loving douche bag I guess haha .

^That actually seems like a good way to describe him. I don't think he actually sets out to be a douche, but he clearly doesn't realize where to draw the line between fun and "WTF are you doing?!?"

I almost feel like martin decided he doesn't want to play football anymore but wants to still get his pay so he is fabricating most of the stuff. Its such a weird story.

More important than any of that though for me I hope the bengals can win these next two weeks so we can essentially lock down the division. Injuries are plaguing us though.

The craziest part to me is in one of the articles I read, Tannehill said that he thought Incognito was Martin's best friend on the team.

That's the darkside of the "locker room culture." It probably did appear like they were best friends, since it sounds like he was basically pretending to take all the "jokes" as jokes, when it was actually upsetting him quite a bit. Offensive linemen are always supposed to be the tightest group on the team.

^ Lions beat a 3rd string QB who had no NFL experience. It was obviously asking too much to have the Packers defense step up.

My 49ers stunk up the place. Sure they only lost by 1 point but it just seemed worse than that. I've been a huge supporter of Kaepernick, not ready to throw in the towel yet but I'm starting to wonder if the 49ers chose the wrong guy.

^ Lions beat a 3rd string QB who had no NFL experience. It was obviously asking too much to have the Packers defense step up.

My 49ers stunk up the place. Sure they only lost by 1 point but it just seemed worse than that. I've been a huge supporter of Kaepernick, not ready to throw in the towel yet but I'm starting to wonder if the 49ers chose the wrong guy.

As a Vikings fan, I'll gladly take Kaepernick off your hands if you want to get rid of him!

Kaepernick has the ability to win and lose a game on his own with his talent; Alex Smith just has the talent to not do anything to make you lose a game, but won't carry a team on his back either.

^

I had to avoid all media outlets after the Bears loss. WAYYYYY too much stupidity from people! I have no idea why they left Cutler in for as long as they did, but I understand why he kept himself in. He takes a TON of criticism for being "soft", and I really believe that's why he rushed himself back and wouldn't quit. Trestman should've pulled him out before the first half was evem over, that's on him. I feel like everyone completely overlooked the fact that they couldn't run the ball at all! That was the real reason we lost that game.

Nice win for the Panthers Sunday at San Fran, it seems like I've been predicting them to have a breakout season for about 3 years now and it just never happens. Now they're riding a 5 game winning streak with New England coming to town on Monday night so we'll see if they're for real or not.

The NFC playoff race has kind of taken a turn for the weird, maybe the Pathers are ripe for that second wildcard spot now that the QB situation in the NFC north is kind of in shambles.

And speaking of weird, the Browns play at Cincinnati Sunday for first place in the AFC North, don't think anyone saw that coming at the midway point of the season, especially after the Richardson trade, which appears to be a huge success for Cleveland.