TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

^All very valid points. Unfortunately for the refs (and us fans), stuff like that is such a slippery slope. The human error/judgement part of sports is both awesome and maddening at the same time.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Seattle might be pretty good at this football thing, I mean even with the injuries and suspensions they do that to New Orleans. If/when they get home field advantage it's hard to see anyone beating them in Seattle. They might be favored by a TD in every game at home.

The AFC still continues to looks pretty open, Denver is still the clear favorite but I'm not sold on them and wouldn't be surprised if someone get hot (Baltimore, New England) and knocked them off at home just like last year.

^ Stranger things have definitely happened, but that was a pretty good whuppin' that the Seahawks put on the Saints. They definitely look like a really good team right now, but teams have been known to crest and then all of a sudden just not start playing all that well when it really matters (ahem, Kansas City).

And the Buffalo Bills just keep on blundering away season after season while figuring out new and stupidly innovative ways to lose games that they should have won. And don't even get me going on that debacle that is the Toronto "home" series...totally ridiculous in my opinion.

I think that if the Bills would have been playing at the Ralph with 72,000 crazy loud fans backing them up that the outcome might have been decidedly different in that game on Sunday. When the biggest arousal from the crowd (of a mere 39,000 people) is some moron streaking across the field, that's pretty pathetic. That is NOT home field advantage in any way, shape or form.

And the crowd was non-existent at the beginning of the game....did the people attending the game have trouble finding a place to park or were they just giving tickets away after the game started in hopes to fill the seats and not make it look so ridiculously empty? Couldn't believe that a majority of the best seats in the house (down by the 50 yard line) were covered in tarp on both sides. But I heard that good ole' Toronto mayor Rob Ford managed to steal some Canadian singer's seat!

I wish they would declare this experiment a total joke and give the Bills back one of their home games...it's just an embarrassment to the NFL in my opinion. Nothing against Toronto by any means as I love the city, but I just don't think that the NFL base is all that big unless they were to get big name winning QB's like Manning or Brady to play there.

The Bills just suck too much for Toronto folks to appreciate them and the opponents that they have had over the five years haven't been big name teams either. Seattle was probably the best team to play there (last year) and they still only sold about 40,000 seats for that one.

Heck, I heard that the Syracuse/Boston College game on Saturday night at the Carrier Dome sold only 1,000 less tickets as the Bills/Falcons game in Toronto!

So Seattle might be pretty good at this football thing, I mean even with the injuries and suspensions they do that to New Orleans. If/when they get home field advantage it's hard to see anyone beating them in Seattle. They might be favored by a TD in every game at home.

The AFC still continues to looks pretty open, Denver is still the clear favorite but I'm not sold on them and wouldn't be surprised if someone get hot (Baltimore, New England) and knocked them off at home just like last year.

I like the Colts and the Pats in the AFC, Luck continues to play well with a terrible receiving core, and when Brady gets hot, there's pretty much no stopping him.

^ Stranger things have definitely happened, but that was a pretty good whuppin' that the Seahawks put on the Saints. They definitely look like a really good team right now, but teams have been known to crest and then all of a sudden just not start playing all that well when it really matters (ahem, Kansas City).

The difference is, when KC was winning all their games they were playing against mediocre (at best) teams. Seattle has actually beaten some really good teams ... and they've won some road games (obviously).

They are going to be tough to beat for sure. I'm still hoping my 49ers can beat them on Sunday (not because I hold out any hope for getting home field or the division but for the confidence). Either New Orleans or SF is going to have to go in and play Seattle in the NFC Championship game (and maybe even the Divisional Round as well). The way the season is shaping up SEA is likely going to have to play both of those teams to get to the Super Bowl.

^ Yep, definitely agree that Seattle has beaten more decent teams than KC has and I think that they did get a bit lucky in some of those games.

Denver is a team that you would expect to be in the AFC championship, but they also have a habit of self-destructing when it matters. I called them to win the Super Bowl last year, but I am a bit skeptical about predicting that this year.

Much as I hate to say it, I could see the Patriots having yet another shot at a Super Bowl title. Despite that they don't appear to have as many big names this year (especially with Wilfork and Mayo out), Brady has Gronk back to throw it to, and Belichick still keeps figuring out ways to churn out wins against good teams despite having a bunch of no-name talent on the roster.

Just saw the Texans released Kubiak today. Can't say that I blame them when their expectations were so high. I wondered if he would get the axe if they lost to Jacksonville, although Jacksonville is one of those teams that started out miserably yet I don't think any team in the league wants to play them right now.

Fun day of games in the snow!

Not fun day in the snow? The NFL banning tailgating at the Super Bowl, and forcing all fans to either pay $50 for a shuttle, take public transportation, or pay their outrageous price for parking since cars will not even be allowed to drop people off without paying for parking.

Fun day of games in the snow!

Not fun day in the snow? The NFL banning tailgating at the Super Bowl, and forcing all fans to either pay $50 for a shuttle, take public transportation, or pay their outrageous price for parking since cars will not even be allowed to drop people off without paying for parking.

I hadn't heard that. Ridiculous!! No Fun League, indeed.

^They keep trying to figure out ways of cutting down on the heavy tailgating at the Ralph, but being that the stadium is pretty much in a residential area, most people park in people's yards (when it's not wet or slushy) or in their driveway's while also avoiding the higher cost of parking in the main lots.

When I went to a Seahawks/Bills game in Seattle about ten years ago, I couldn't believe that hardly any people were tailgating in the parking lots! They just parked, walked into the stadium and watched the game. This was obviously before Seattle was any good and most of the "fans" left at halftime because the Bills were beating them like 24-10. Amazing how now they are proclaimed the loudest stadium in the NFL with the best fans when they were like sheep the day we went there.

The difference is, when KC was winning all their games they were playing against mediocre (at best) teams. Seattle has actually beaten some really good teams ... and they've won some road games (obviously).

They are going to be tough to beat for sure. I'm still hoping my 49ers can beat them on Sunday (not because I hold out any hope for getting home field or the division but for the confidence). Either New Orleans or SF is going to have to go in and play Seattle in the NFC Championship game (and maybe even the Divisional Round as well). The way the season is shaping up SEA is likely going to have to play both of those teams to get to the Super Bowl.

We need to pray for the 5th seed so we can at least make it to the NFC Conference Championship.

Stupid Cowboys couldn't win the only game I've ever wanted them to win!

I don't even think I care if the Bears make the playoffs. Their defense is so terrible they're not going to get past the 1st round, anyway. It was nice to see Cutler have a pretty good 1st game back, and against a good defense to boot!

^The Cowboys are definitely a train wreck & I'll bet Jerruh's none too happy about it.

Doesn't sound like Brady was real happy after yesterday's loss to the Dolphins yesterday, either.

My heart aches for both of them....

NOT!!!