The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last day of my Saints being defending champs. It's been an incredible ride, but all rides come to an end.

The game today should be a good one, for some reason I think Pittsburgh and the Rapelsberger get it done.

One thing is for sure, no team will ever have a super bowl parade as big or crowded as the Saints parade last year.

Can't wait for the big game, and I am not talking about the Superbowl either. I will probably watch more of the Puppy bowl on Animal Planet and DVR the SB for the commercials.'

My prediction for hte games.

PB, me watching and wanting a dog more and more (current living place has a no pet lease)

SB, Packers by 7.

One thing is for sure, no team will ever have a super bowl parade as big or crowded as the Saints parade last year.

It's amazing that cities like NO and Pittsburgh can muster up so many people for these parades (more people then the population of the entire city), yet when the Lakers win the NBA Championship, only about 300,000 people show up out of their almost 10 million population.

It's amazing that cities like NO and Pittsburgh can muster up so many people for these parades (more people then the population of the entire city), yet when the Lakers win the NBA Championship, only about 300,000 people show up out of their almost 10 million population.

We can't help it that Championships are so routine out here

I pick: Winning a ton of money on my pools so I can go on vacation somewhere warm that has theme parks.

If not, I'll be drinking German and Belgian beer, eating various flavors of chicken wings and (hopefully) enjoying an exciting game with no Super Bowl ads with stupid talking babies!

847114918_Cedar_Point_Labor_Day_2010438.jpg.d25e039d61ff0d60d6fd5e6f6b6c8179.jpg

10 lbs of wings, plus all the necessary hot sauces (homemade jar of habenero/jalepeno sauce not included in photo) w/ veggie items to cool off any residual burn!

1010012492_Cedar_Point_Labor_Day_2010439.jpg.2d12172469390d7c77069e03c110a58c.jpg

And of course, good beer to wash it all down with!

^Thanks...I agree that nothing would be better than drinking it from the taps in the beer tents while singing (or trying to sing) Country Roads (Take Me Home)!

This was the first time I have ever seen Stubbs at Wegmans...I have never had it, but am excited to try it on wings. Ween has played there a couple of times in the past. I have the three 'Live at Stubbs' discs.... and they're awesome!

Oh well, can't win 'em all. Green Bay deserved this one, they were the better team in every aspect.

I was a Pack fan for about 7-8 years as a kid, so if anyone else is going to win, I'm glad it's them. I'm happy for Rodgers too, with all the talk about him being in Favre's shadow and whatnot.

Being a Steelers fan, I'm just so happy my team is in this situation so often. Some teams would die for just one Super Bowl, let alone 6, and 3 chances in 6 years.

Oh well, can't win 'em all. Green Bay deserved this one, they were the better team in every aspect.

I was a Pack fan for about 7-8 years as a kid, so if anyone else is going to win, I'm glad it's them. I'm happy for Rodgers too, with all the talk about him being in Favre's shadow and whatnot.

Being a Steelers fan, I'm just so happy my team is in this situation so often. Some teams would die for just one Super Bowl, let alone 6, and 3 chances in 6 years.

You couldn't have said it better. I like the Steelers but the whole Rodgers story, how he sat on the bench for five years and finally got to play, and won a Superbowl. Plus the Packers are like my mom's second team so she's happy, and the Packers really did deserve it because of how hard they worked. They knocked off the NFC's #1 and #2 seed in the playoffs. So even though I'm a Steelers fan, I have to say good for the Packers.

You couldn't have said it better. I like the Steelers but the whole Rodgers story, how he sat on the bench for five years and finally got to play, and won a Superbowl. Plus the Packers are like my mom's second team so she's happy, and the Packers really did deserve it because of how hard they worked. They knocked off the NFC's #1 and #2 seed in the playoffs. So even though I'm a Steelers fan, I have to say good for the Packers.

Ya, I agree with everything said here, the Packers are the closest thing there is to the Steelers in terms of its franchise, its fanbase...just about everything actually. If I can stand to lose to one team in the Super Bowl, it's a Brett Favre-less Green Bay Packers (I hate Favre...)

Although losing to the Capitals on the same day made for a pretty depressing night.

Packers won like I predicted. Overall, a good game, and that awful halftime show will hopefully never happen again.

I'll take a 12 hour Black Eyed Peas halftime show if I was promised that there will be a full football season next year. Things are looking grim

Packers won like I predicted. Overall, a good game, and that awful halftime show will hopefully never happen again.

I'll take a 12 hour Black Eyed Peas halftime show if I was promised that there will be a full football season next year. Things are looking grim

That's what I was thinking, but I was trying to stay positive. I hope they can work it out.

I'll take a 12 hour Black Eyed Peas halftime show if I was promised that there will be a full football season next year.

Nothing is worth that.

I'm rooting for a lockout at this point, because I wouldn't mind seeing the league self destruct a bit. It'd honestly be quite amusing if both sides end up suffering as much as possible. Hmm, maybe they should consult Gary Bettman.

It's funny how these guys can be big babies

"A lot of people don't understand, come March 4, we don't have insurance," Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Ward said. "They are stripping away our insurance. ... This is a serious matter."

look, Hines, I know you went to UGA, so this may be tough for you to understand, but you've made more than $50 million in your career - I'm pretty sure you can afford your own health care.

I'll take a 12 hour Black Eyed Peas halftime show if I was promised that there will be a full football season next year.

Nothing is worth that.

I'm rooting for a lockout at this point, because I wouldn't mind seeing the league self destruct a bit. It'd honestly be quite amusing if both sides end up suffering as much as possible. Hmm, maybe they should consult Gary Bettman.

Let's not hope for that. We don't want this to be another 94 baseball strike. That one really pissed me off.

^ Meh. Back then I hated that strike too. I like to at least pretend I'm older and a bit wiser now. I could easily go years without pro football, if it meant a group of self-important a$$hats would take a big hit to their wallets. There's plenty of other sports to keep me content.

Greed sucks. End of story.