TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I know Flight Deck was originally supposed to be a B&M invert, but they couldn't build one because Cedar Point had the rights within 250 miles. I remember talking to the GM, and he said that it was a really cool, unique design. I wonder if this is still floating around somewhere. Of course, almost anything is better than Flight Deck.

I know Flight Deck was originally supposed to be a B&M invert, but they couldn't build one because Cedar Point had the rights within 250 miles. I remember talking to the GM, and he said that it was a really cool, unique design. I wonder if this is still floating around somewhere. Of course, almost anything is better than Flight Deck.

I have ridden a couple SLC's. Ones with newer trains are actually fun little forceful rides

I still hope that Canada's Wonderland will get the new restrains for flight deck or just remove it because it is so rough. Still a Vekoma SLC is nothing compared to a B & M invert. I would not mind a coaster like Banshee for a new roller coaster.

Hell, I'd be happy if CW managed to buy Le Vampie (BTR Clone) off of La Ronde. They could market it as flight deck: the 2nd mission, or some kind of reboot of the ride. It'd probably be more forcefull than any new B&M they get, and possibly would take lines out of the origonal flight deck (maybe that'd get them to tear it down?) lol

Seriously though, a good forceful looper would be huge for the park IMO.

La Ronde would probably not sell it because that and the Goliath are the best rides in the park.

I don't know if it's true, but I have heard t several times....Flight Deck at Californa Great America is the coaster that was for Wonderland. B&M and Paramount were literally ready to sign the contract to manufacture the coaster (the ride had already been fully designed) but for some weird reason, at the last possible minute, B&M called Kinzel and he said no to the project (B&M called to see ask if he would make an exception as Wonderland is 248 or something miles from CP)

I don't know if it's true, but I have heard t several times....Flight Deck at Californa Great America is the coaster that was for Wonderland. B&M and Paramount were literally ready to sign the contract to manufacture the coaster (the ride had already been fully designed) but for some weird reason, at the last possible minute, B&M called Kinzel and he said no to the project (B&M called to see ask if he would make an exception as Wonderland is 248 or something miles from CP)

I hope that Canada's Wonderland will get rid of flight deck and replace it with a B & M invert. Until Canada's wonderland gets their new coaster, (possibly in 2016) the park only really has three good roller coasters ( Vortex, Behemoth, Leviathan) they really need an B & M coaster with inversions or a Intamin coaster like Maverick. Same goes for time Warp.

I don't think the ride went to CGA, but the rest is definitely true.

Source: CW GM when asked if they'd consider removing Flight Deck for something good.

Reading some comments on here I just started thinking of a random question, does a park need a certain amount or quality of coaster to be a good park?

I've been to many of the Cedar Fair parks and I still find Wonderland to be one of the best overall parks out of the chains. Landscaping, flats, coasters (not all I know), staff, etc. excel Wonderland into the upper tier for me. A concrete jungle filled with coasters and no charm is not something that makes a good park in my eyes.

Anyways, whatever Wonderland is doing for their future projects I am sure they have the guests best interests in mind.

All I have to say is it would be pretty ironic if CF put in a B&M invert at CW, as they were the one's who prevented it in the first place.

Sadly, I believe it's 20 years too late. B&M went soft a while ago IMO (yes, I know about Banshee), and unless CW REALLY wants an intense coaster, I'm pretty sure La VAmpire will hold the title of best B&M in Canada.

^^ To be a theme park, absolutely not (pretty much every Disney and Universal park attest to this) but for an amusement park the lines are a little more blurred. You certainly need a lot of higher octane rides but I think most people would still side with quality over quantity.

It also seems on the surface that the lines are blurring more with parks like Europa and more recently some of the big US parks putting more of an emphasis on landscaping and stuff and making the park about more than just the sheer number of rides

^^ To be a theme park, absolutely not (pretty much every Disney and Universal park attest to this) but for an amusement park the lines are a little more blurred. You certainly need a lot of higher octane rides but I think most people would still side with quality over quantity.

It also seems on the surface that the lines are blurring more with parks like Europa and more recently some of the big US parks putting more of an emphasis on landscaping and stuff and making the park about more than just the sheer number of rides

^Perfect way to put it.

Europa looks like the perfect blend of Amusement Park and Theme Park and I am glad people are embracing that idea a little more. Though not the greatest in the world, something like Wonder Mountain's Guardian is a great way to get a Universal style type of attraction in a park that for years has been just your "average amusement park".

Yeah I was really surprised by that in a good way. I don't really even think of it as a coaster but a really cool interactive dark ride. Obviously it's not Toy Story Mania but it's damn good fun and a few more attractions like that wouldn't put the park on a particularly bad footing in my view.

we already kno that skyrider is being removed,and the ride replacing it would be yet another b&m, if they do remove flight deck, i highly doubt they would invest on. another b&m.

B & M seems to be their only manufacture right now and they will probably want at least one good inverted coaster. Or maybe they will go back to Intamin for a inverted coaster or even scratch the hole inverted thing and get a RMC hybrid.

Reading some comments on here I just started thinking of a random question, does a park need a certain amount or quality of coaster to be a good park?

I've been to many of the Cedar Fair parks and I still find Wonderland to be one of the best overall parks out of the chains. Landscaping, flats, coasters (not all I know), staff, etc. excel Wonderland into the upper tier for me. A concrete jungle filled with coasters and no charm is not something that makes a good park in my eyes.

Anyways, whatever Wonderland is doing for their future projects I am sure they have the guests best interests in mind.

It is more like quality than quantity of roller coasters. Think about it like this, A park with 2 a arrow dynamics coasters, A Vekoma SLC, 3 woodies, 1 Intamin launched coaster (The good ride of this park), a Togo standup coaster and a Zamperla flying coaster. The only ride worth riding is the Intamin coaster. You must have not been to good Cedar Fair parks like Cedar point, good landscaping, scenery and excellent rides, now that mantis is now floorless trains, the only bad ride is Mean streak unlike Canada's Wonderland were they have a bunch of rough a painful rides. I still do love Canada's Wonderland especially their landscaping but the only roller coasters worth riding are Leviathan, Behemoth, Wonder Mountains Guardian and vortex or maybe Mighty Canadian Mine Buster depending if you like woodies. One of the things that is really good about the park is the Wonder Mountain, I think Canada's wonderland is the best looking Cedar Fair park.

All I have to say is it would be pretty ironic if CF put in a B&M invert at CW, as they were the one's who prevented it in the first place.

Sadly, I believe it's 20 years too late. B&M went soft a while ago IMO (yes, I know about Banshee), and unless CW REALLY wants an intense coaster, I'm pretty sure La VAmpire will hold the title of best B&M in Canada.

Except Leviathan and Behemoth

It is more like quality than quantity of roller coasters. Think about it like this, A park with 1 Intamin launched coaster (The good ride of this park). The only ride worth riding is the Intamin coaster. You must have not been to good Cedar Fair parks like Cedar point, good landscaping, scenery and excellent rides, now that mantis is now floorless trains, the only bad ride is Mean streak unlike Canada's Wonderland were they have a bunch of rough a painful rides. I still do love Canada's Wonderland especially their landscaping but the only roller coasters worth riding are Leviathan, Behemoth, Wonder Mountains Guardian and vortex or maybe Mighty Canadian Mine Buster depending if you like woodies. One of the things that is really good about the park is the Wonder Mountain, I think Canada's wonderland is the best looking Cedar Fair park.

CW has an Intamin? Even after consulting RCDB I can't find one.

"Hate" is such a strong word. Speaking for myself: It's not that I don't like B&M necessarily, it's just that they aren't who they used to be. If they were still making coasters like S:KC @ SFFT or Batman clones then I wouldn't have an issue with them.

It is more like quality than quantity of roller coasters. Think about it like this, A park with 1 Intamin launched coaster (The good ride of this park). The only ride worth riding is the Intamin coaster. You must have not been to good Cedar Fair parks like Cedar point, good landscaping, scenery and excellent rides, now that mantis is now floorless trains, the only bad ride is Mean streak unlike Canada's Wonderland were they have a bunch of rough a painful rides. I still do love Canada's Wonderland especially their landscaping but the only roller coasters worth riding are Leviathan, Behemoth, Wonder Mountains Guardian and vortex or maybe Mighty Canadian Mine Buster depending if you like woodies. One of the things that is really good about the park is the Wonder Mountain, I think Canada's wonderland is the best looking Cedar Fair park.

No, I made that park up as an example of a park with a large quantity of painful rides.

"Hate" is such a strong word. Speaking for myself: It's not that I don't like B&M necessarily, it's just that they aren't who they used to be. If they were still making coasters like S:KC @ SFFT or Batman clones then I wouldn't have an issue with them.

What's wrong with B & M aren't their new rides amazing like Banshee and Fury 325.

1. There is no need to make double and triple posts....just edit your posts if needed.

2. We have no idea if Fury 325 is "amazing". I know I'm getting technically, but the coaster hasn't even been built so we cannot start making assumptions of an animation.

3. B&M's are nothing like they used to be. After Stengel left, things changed a bit....but they seem to be finding their groove again.

^^^No, they don't have any Intamin coasters, HOWEVER,one of the best rides in the park, Drop Tower, is an Intamin. I'd actually say it's a better ride, at least airtime/drop wise, than any of the coasters at CW IMO (including Behemoth and L306). In addition, now that skyrider's met its demise ( ), I'd say Drop Tower has the best airtime in the park.

No, I made that park up as an example of a park with a large quantity of painful rides.

Oh. Okay. My bad.

1. There is no need to make double and triple posts....just edit your posts if needed.

2. We have no idea if Fury 325 is "amazing". I know I'm getting technically, but the coaster hasn't even been built so we cannot start making assumptions of an animation.

3. B&M's are nothing like they used to be. After Stengel left, things changed a bit....but they seem to be finding their groove again.

Sorry I just like to say a lot and respond to other peoples posts. Is there anything wrong with double posting?

I find the new B & M's are better than the old. When did Stengel leave?