TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Something new at Canada's Wonderland for 2008

I really thinks it's a hyper, and nothing else. There is a rumor knotts might be getting a clone of this coaster for 2008 or 2009. Or so a rc pro member said after he supposibdly talked to a knotts employe. Remmeber, before we think 200ft +, B&M also call this a hyper coaster...

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3621.htm

I the first picture, the track doesn't really look like the one spotted at canada's wonderland. Could it NOT be a hyper?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thing that the problem with B&M is that their coasters are deteriorate from a year to an other, it shakes and even starts to gives headhache!

That's not a B&M problem, it's a parks maintenance problem.

There's plenty of B&Ms out there which are quite old, and yet are still smooth as the year they opened.

Then there's other B&Ms that in one year develop square wheels, like Scream at SFMM.

Just look at ROS at DL as an example of this. Was great 6 years ago, now I hear it is a bone breaker.

Yeah, but in canada, the wather is not in our favour, you understand?

^ I dreamed for years of Dragon Fire being replaced for Footloose!

I am also in the camp that thinks this will be a "hyper" coaster. Not necessarily that it has to be over 200 feet, just an out and back coaster, non looping, filled with lots of airtime (hopefully).

Announcement on monday! I can't wait!

^ I actually always hoped for the hyper/floorless to go where it is now. That spot was just asking for a large coaster.

Dragon Fire I still hope they tear out and replace with something like a custom Maurer spinner. That spot is too small for a larger coaster.

Ok, then I got a question, what is an hyper, is it like millenum and goliath or whatever coaster which is higher that 200 feet tall is an hyper. If yes, goliath and millenium are what... These thigs with air-time lol!

If I'm understanding you question correctly here are the roller coaster terms:

200-299 ft: Hyper (though some strange "enthusiasts" :cough:PaulReuben:cough: will call them "mega coasters")

300-399 ft: Giga

400+: Officially, Cedar Point called it a Strata coaster.

So then Goliath (at SFMM and SFoG) would all be hyper coasters. MF would be a giga. The Goliath at La Ronde is not tall enough to be considered a hyper coaster; however, the name of the product is a B&M Hypercoaster according to their website.

I thing that the problem with B&M is that their coasters are deteriorate from a year to an other, it shakes and even starts to gives headhache!

That's not a B&M problem, it's a parks maintenance problem.

There's plenty of B&Ms out there which are quite old, and yet are still smooth as the year they opened.

Then there's other B&Ms that in one year develop square wheels, like Scream at SFMM.

Just look at ROS at DL as an example of this. Was great 6 years ago, now I hear it is a bone breaker.

HAHAHA!!!! That statement just made my day. RoS is definitely "vibratey",

but even Hydra is FAR worse than RoS. (Also vibratey, but not painful, along with B:TDK) RoS is painless, provides great airtime, and even the helixes have forces enough to start a gray out. It feel even more intense if you lean in the opposite direction that the helix is traveling. This is according to my rides on it in 2004, 2006, and 2007.

200-299 ft: Hyper (though some strange "enthusiasts" :cough:PaulReuben:cough: will call them "mega coasters")

The official product name by Intamin, B&M and Giovanola used to be Mega Coaster, no matter what height the ride had.

hyper, giga and strata = all marketing terms by Cedar Fair

With how big of a deal they are making about this, and with the little gauge thing on the website not even half way up and already saying 87 ft, I highly doubt it's a Hydra sized floorless. A ginormous floorless wouldn't completely surprise me though.

Turns out that Flash height counter thing maxes out at 175-feet. I'm more inclined to believe it's a junior-hyper like La Ronde's Goliath...but doesn't the ads in the park say that there's nothing else like it in Canada? And it will be the park's biggest attraction (a large Floorless would definitely be the park's biggest ride).

I don't know if you see but I noticed something strange on the page:

A white form appears and disappears.

I'm defenitely sure that it will be a floorless. Look at the image ! The rail is turned over

Turns out that Flash height counter thing maxes out at 175-feet.

If each "bar" on the height counter denotes an equal amount, then you are wrong. The height counter currently says 87 feet, and 16 bars are lit up. So do the math: 87/16=5.4375, so that means each bar should equal 5.4375 feet. I counted all the bars on the meter, and there are 45 bars. So, do the math again: 5.4375*45=244.6875, which means if the measurements are equal, the bar would max out at 244.6875 feet, I would say 244 feet and 7 inches or so. If that is the actual height of the coaster, that pretty much screams Hyper Coaster, and not a Floorless, and that would make it B&M's largest coaster so far, taller than Silver Star by about 5 feet.

Turns out that Flash height counter thing maxes out at 175-feet.

If each "bar" on the height counter denotes an equal amount, then you are wrong. The height counter currently says 87 feet, and 16 bars are lit up. So do the math: 87/16=5.4375, so that means each bar should equal 5.4375 feet. I counted all the bars on the meter, and there are 45 bars. So, do the math again: 5.4375*45=244.6875, which means if the measurements are equal, the bar would max out at 244.6875 feet, I would say 244 feet and 7 inches or so. If that is the actual height of the coaster, that pretty much screams Hyper Coaster, and not a Floorless, and that would make it B&M's largest coaster so far, taller than Silver Star by about 5 feet.

^

i'm goin with a B&M hyper coaster for many reasons

1)fastest, tallest, longest coaster in canada

2) CW needs height more than they need inversions (this could be B&M's tallest coaster)

3) will be like goliath at la ronde but will inclue a special element that it dosent have

like i saw on another post or site the footers look like MF (i'm not saying were getting a MF) ...the layout of the footers look alot bigger then wat a flooless would need