TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Yeah I have some pictures of both Spongebob and Avatar testing...but the cars are a bit of a blur because of the lighting inside here. I'll post them later tonight. BTW...while on my break tonight, Franz Maier came into the breakroom to buy a soda so i got to chat with him a little. He's a really nice guy.

Looty has said over at Thrill Network that you will be going really fast and get some serious air on Spongebobs hump after the loop. The zero-g is also supposed to give you a little hangtime as well.

Spongebob was testing numerous times tonight. I didn't have my camera, but my friends took some pictures with his phone and is sending them to screamscape within the next couple days.

I can't get over how quiet Spongebob is. It truly is the quietest roller coaster I've ever seen...especially considering that it's indoors. That small hump after the loop looks to provide some serious air! All of the water dummies were flying up into the harnesses every time it went through a circuit. Also, the zero-g roll looks like it'll provide a nice moment of hang time as well.

I saw Avatar testing today at around 10am! It was really quiet (which surprised me) and didn't appear to be running too slow.

Looty Update

So I attempted to take some photos tonight of both Avatar & Spongebob testing...unfortunately, the lighting was absolutely terrible and my pics didn't turn out that great. I'll post a few of the better ones.

Just a few things:

*The upper half of Dora is now on the ferris wheel to complement the random legs that were there for a week.

*The canvas on top of the carousel has been removed for its transformation into the Nick O' Round.

*The east retail store has been stocked and is set to open tomorrow.

*The much anticipated Orange Streak shells for the existing Ripsaw cars are here and so I included a pic of them. If you ask me, they look great. Each one only weighs about 20 lbs. so i was tempted to take one

Both Avatar & Spongebob are extremely quiet. Spongebob especially! While on break tonight (trying to enjoy my less than satisfying Panda Express), Franz Maier came into the breakroom to buy a soda (for you stalkers out there...he drinks Sierra Mist). It caught me off guard at first because I was the only one in there at the time and he greeted me (in his accent). He was extremely friendly and we chatted for a few minutes about the new coaster. Great guy!

Also, some big-wigs from Nickelodeon were there today for a "Nick 101" meeting to motivate the employees for the March 15 opening. It was actually a pretty good time...whipped cream pies & slime were flying everywhere.

Sorry again about the photos, but try and enjoy them for what they are. I'll try again soon.

DSCN3375.jpg.5689e416d2aaa4a1b862ee5816e0dd3c.jpg

DSCN3374.jpg.d123b96ddd6287dd086341c0f094dcce.jpg

DSCN3372.jpg.efe15ecb4465709d5c903ccdabfc1843.jpg

DSCN3370.jpg.cff7543e603b28e15c4229de6dacca5f.jpg

DSCN3368.jpg.9d05f89cf46400b382160a16d3c10d02.jpg

DSCN3364.jpg.f387c3d70d59140ba7744cebb4f8def8.jpg

DSCN3362.jpg.648eca8d3392c781c97385aeb2d43ba9.jpg

DSCN3357.jpg.fdbf5acfbb8a1a17b5ecb01f21f640ec.jpg

DSCN3355.jpg.298bf9ff02c9f424403e78c3223efc26.jpg

DSCN3352.jpg.5ee2138fe8f26ac45625213e2ff3643c.jpg

DSCN3351.jpg.f832f13e5fbecae9fc4b8a50d1bd16b7.jpg

DSCN3350.jpg.88c29c433b779e52db47a494d5125206.jpg

DSCN3349.jpg.9a3bc741678c0dff04f5cc1cab2d2548.jpg

^^There are probably there for a sign to go up. The clock is ticking on Ripsaw's paintjob. The park opens in 2 1/2 weeks and they have not painted one single piece of track.

Are those the shells for Orange Streaks train? Or what ever its called I think thats what it is.

Yes they are but they are a little too big to fit in the station right now, so they might be redesigning them to be smaller on the sides.

Look what I just found at Amusement Today!

Mall of America adds 30-foot-tall SpongeBob sculpture to new Nickelodeon Universe park (FEB 26, 2008) At the stroke of midnight on Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2008, amid the construction bringing Nickelodeon Universe to life, a 30-foot-tall SpongeBob SquarePants sculpture will be installed at the entrance to the new ride, SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge (Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter looping roller coaster). Local Minnesota manufacture TivoliToo Inc. created the giant 3-D sculpture.

Sounds like some good theming!

So far I think the park looks great. It looks like on the "mountain/corral reef" decoration at SpongeBob's Lift has mounting brackets on it. Maybe for Jelly Fish???

I'm pretty sure those are just where the metal brackets were bolted to the volcano. They'll probably cover them up with a sign or something, however.