TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

According to the new MOA visitor's guide the new inflatable Bounce is going to be SpongeBob's pineapple house, called "Pineapple Poppers" and the official new name of Pepsi Ripsaw is Pepsi Orange Streak.

Not sure if that's old news, but thought I'd share. Here's the link to a PDF of it. It has some cool artwork of what some of the 100% completed rides will probably look like...

http://www.mallofamerica.com/images/VG/08VisGuide_F2.pdf

-A sort of splash effect decoration around the base of Splat-O-Sphere

-A gazebo type queue with avatar on top and more cloudish decorations for Avatar Airbender

-On the SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge there are coral decorations around supports, water cutouts and paint on the floor, seaweed wrapping around the support columns of the actual building with blue bubble designs on the inside, a purple rock formation/pipe sort of TUNNEL for the first drop of the coaster, more rock formations in the background with a street and some buildings give more of an impression that you're actually down lower in Rock Bottom, and a more detailed bus stop with restrooms, bus stop sign, vending machine and such. There is even a Krusty Krab with it's sign that the ride appears to go through. That last part seems a bit out of place...Sorry that's a long list and if they do all that it's gonna look AWESOME.

Avatar was running today. Those people you saw in suits were ops supervisors who were there to write the SOP for it. They were supposed to ride it, but apparently is wasn't "ready for people" I know that the trainer for that ride is coming in tomorrow to learn it so look for people to be on it tomorrow.

Hey so I'm looking to see how many people are planning on going opening day (or another day). If i find a group of at least 15 people, you can get wristbands for $16.27 each. There is going to be a lot going on opening day with different celebrities and other activities so spread the word and let me know.

BTW...I just got two more rides on Spongebob tonight and it truly is getting better everytime i ride it (if that doesn't get you motivated, i don't know what will)

Looty Update

Here are a few pictures from today. Not much has changed on the Axe and Spongebob. If you look at the Spongebob webcam, you'll see white rock-looking things in the sand. Those are supposed to be coral. Also, workers were applying a primer to the cement under spongebob so it wont just be boring cement you're riding over. Avatar should be testing with people tomorrow so hopefully I'll snag a few rides on that

DSCN3465.jpg.6b5da206cb5e74f937cbf770f09c42d2.jpg

DSCN3464.jpg.3bd54c75c17ec30f5013565939a268a8.jpg

DSCN3463.jpg.49064b466b1df8bf57735e2c92218735.jpg

DSCN3461.jpg.6f55d110eda02d35cec02f7910eed463.jpg

DSCN3459.jpg.026554b4219745796fefc8850d440990.jpg

DSCN3457.jpg.89c125d333c454ddc0d29af63ded5248.jpg

DSCN3453.jpg.e091b7db6e2a3f18e1759ca0318ab2e3.jpg

DSCN3452.jpg.5665b1785eca92d977b3359a4e8055db.jpg

DSCN3451.jpg.0bd101ab0edab5d3e8a41d0782fe4363.jpg

DSCN3450.jpg.f71bc79ddeacd7812acf4fc195546ac3.jpg

I'm surprised nobody is acknowledging my post about the artwork of SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge.

Especially the part about the tunnel at the bottom of the first drop.

Even the description in the visitor's guide says:

"twist and turn through creepy caverns"

Do you think they'll add caves...kinda looks like they might from the picture. They may only have time to do some of what is portrayed in the artwork, but they could always finish it later if that's the case.

I like the floor colors and how their painting them with diffferent designs and colors. I can't wait till its done! It looks better than just gray. I wonder if their going to do a water effect in the trenches near spongebob? Anyone know for sure?