TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Travel Channel and Vekoma rides

If anyone else here gets the Travel Channel, you may have seen their new show, Ultimate Thrill. It's just like all the other Discovery/Travel shows, but this one showcases the Mind Eraser, built by the "Groundbreaking Design Firm of Vekoma International", and features a "Wicked double loop called a Cobra Roll". Just watching it gives me a headache.

I think this should be nominated in the Theme Park Review competition for "Funniest video".

Here's a compressed version of the Vekoma clip (I don't know about copyrights and stuff, but this is non-commercial, unedited, low quality, and for amusement only)

[sorry, had to remove the link as it's using too much bandwidth.]

I don't know when this will next be on for those of you who want to Tivo it (or do it the old fashioned way with a VCR)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I caught this show last night and almost died laughing...but I don't think it's new since it talked about CP's brand new ride "Wicked Twister".

The SLC footage was so rough it was hilarious!

Elissa "the Vekoma part was sooo funny!" Alvey

Yeah, I actually set the DVR to tape this and watched it today, well parts of it.

It had Hypersonic, Volcano, the SLC, Wicked Twister and Gemeni at CP for some reason. It also shows S:UF at SFOG.

Just watching the Hypersonic, Volcano and SLC footage gave me a headache, it was pretty bad.

Although I did learn something: I didn't know that both Wicked Twister towers had spirals.

Although I did learn something: I didn't know that both Wicked Twister towers had spirals.

Best sentence ever.

Oh well, thats what coaster specials tend to do, they shove the same crap down our throats with hi-quality coaster videos.

Hey Darien Lake is my hommie... my home park.. anyways.. I was actually happy to see SFDL on a show.. because it is the neglected six flags park.. but its not that bad of a park... I love Superman ROS.. and DL's Viper isnt that bad.. but Mind Eraser is VERY VERY BAD!!...

Arent all Mind Erasers clones?.. Its a shame they cant build a better invert... like Raptor.. because Raptor is friggin awesome

I'm surprised that SF even let this show acknowledge the existence of Darien Lake, which rivals only SFEG as most neglected SF park ever.

It's so sad that one of the only things going for this park is a Veklona that seems to beat its riders heads into so much of a mushy pulp, that they actually are fooled into thinking it's good.

I've moaned about SFDL before, but really, they have problems that could easily be cured by having a better staff and maybe...I don't know....GETTING SIX FLAGS TO GIVE US A NEW COASTER FOR ONCE!!!

Doug "Come on SF, when's it gonna be our time?" Booth

Haha that was funny. Last weekend I saw a program about rollercoasters on TV and they showed the opening of Manhattan Express. There was this guy who had won the first ride in the front seat on an auction, and he had been looking forward to ride it for 4 months. Even though he was holding on for dear life during the ride (I never saw him smile on it), he said it was a great ride when it was over.

When I first saw that show, two years ago, and they showed Mind Eraser, I immediately thought, "Out of all the inverted coasters in the world, they feature a fricking Vekoma SLC?!?! What is wrong with these people?" I just want to know why they think a pre-fabricated coaster that is at practically every park is unique, and not something like, oh I don't know, Dueling Dragons?

that clip was made for non-coaster people who think that its a great ride.

i hate those people they were interviewing. they are so stupid! they said my feet were dangleing, i was twisting....it was GREAT!!!! i hate people like that. those people are just so....so....BRAINLESS!!!

A suspended looping serpent serpent so vicious, your life is gonna pass before your eyes.

Indeed it will.

This might just be the worst part of a coaster show I ever saw. I sincerely doubt mrs. Nary Tep had ever ridden a looping coaster before this shot was taken.

Pshaw. All the Travel Channel shows are fluff - yet I still watch them.

I remember last summer, pulling into the parking lot of PKD and laying eyes on Volcano. All I could think was "holy crap, this ride looked so awesome on the Travel Channel show - I can't believe we're finally here!!!"

I was thinking this over Volcano? What the hell was I on?

Here's my capsule review of Volcano - "blows its load in 15 seconds, then takes a nice long nap."

Every coaster at BGW was better - yeah, even the Loch Ness Monster.

I saw this tv show twice (well I fell asleep the first time) in the past week.

The SLC is so rediculous, I'm going "Why in the world would you feature a SLC?" LOL

They also should have checked their facts as well, they made more than a few mistakes.

And I'm not talking about saying that S:UF was the only one in the world, when they shot the show I'm sure it was.