TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Does anyone has already watched Harry Potter 5, the movie?

Hi!

Today is the first day, that Harry Potter and the Order of the phenix is in the cinemas...... I watched it today, and I really, really loved the film! Thera so many beautiful things, and the duel between Dumbledor and Voldemort is so amazing!! Every thing is beautiful, the lights of the spels (I don't remeber what's the good word), the noise that makes, the ministery, the music......... Really great!!

Tonight I'm going to make some dreams about HP! Once again I'll dream that I'm Harry, or another wozard with a wond, making some great things lol....

And you? Did you watch this film today? Did you enjoy?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was very close to the top of the series for me. I felt everything that was cut from the book was necessary to show the development of Harry, Ron and Herminoe.

I personally found the book to be way to bloaty and enjoyed the fast movie Yates film that was the outcome. Hopefully his vision in Pt 6 will be just as good.

YES, I saw a bootlegged copy this afternoon - fresh from the underworld of our glorious and glamorous cityyyyyyyy....

We'll catch it it August, when the 'deluge' has died down a bit.

We went to a 12:10am showing last night, or should I say this morning!

Loved it, in our opinion the best of the HP movies so far. this director nailed it The soundtrack was amazing. I love John Williams, but he starts to sound the same to me.

Good times were had by all.

Saw it in IMAX at 11:00 this morning. It stayed pretty true to the book, without leaving out huge chunks of it. (I'm looking at you, Goblet of Fire!)

The last 20 minutes or so were in 3D, so that was pretty cool. Packed theatre, but thankfully the ushers had a great sense of crowd control. No crying kids either! It was amazing!

IMO, Imelda Staunton played Umbridge to a tee. She's a near-EXACT cross between my grade school principal and my worst teacher ever, right down to the sickly/evil smile.

While Order of the Phoenix flows a lot better than Goblet of Fire, it still suffers from the same problem: Cramming too much of the book's storyline into less time. Seriously, the movie need to be another 30 minutes longer minimum to fully capitalize on the book's arcing story. Too many of the important side stories and intertwinging subplots were lacking completition and/or explanation. And worse, we're seeing far less of the magic and wonder of the Harry Potter world. The first three movies still stand out as the best.

I just came back from it, not 10 minutes ago. I think it's without doubt the best (movie) in the series. One of things i noticed was that the movie was basically only of Harrys little group, and the other stuff would of made the movie better.

Mike (KrakenKing) and I went to see it Tuesday Midnight in IMAX 3D. We'd actually seen it once 2 weeks ago at the MySpace Black Curtain Screening. It's really a fantastic film. It's a great adaptation of the book, and though it left out some things I think it did a great job of condensing the story without leaving out important details and adjusting too many minor plot points. Moreover, the 3D effect was INCREDIBLE. It completely brought the 20 minutes it played 3D to life in ways that standard 2 Dimensional projection cannot.

Top notch.

I saw it the first day it came out, at the first showing at 12:01.

2nd worst of them all.

Here's why.

They extend every scene into crap thats useless, they leave out all the good parts in the books, the whole movie leads up to this extremely short (yet cool) fight & chase scene, they could have extended it much longer, the whole concept is pretty dull if you've never read the books, I give it 2/5 stars.

I want a refund! And the lady didnt even give me back my movie stub to prove I went to see it...

I saw it the first day it came out, at the first showing at 12:01.

2nd worst of them all.

Here's why.

They extend every scene into crap thats useless, they leave out all the good parts in the books, the whole movie leads up to this extremely short (yet cool) fight & chase scene, they could have extended it much longer, the whole concept is pretty dull if you've never read the books, I give it 2/5 stars.

I want a refund! And the lady didnt even give me back my movie stub to prove I went to see it...

I approve you, but I understand their choice: this film was really, really expensive (I've heard that it costed 150 000 000€ and I believe that € are stronger than $), so for raisons of money, they had to make a choice: making a very beautiful movie but shorter, or making a less beautiful movie but longer... For me this choice is really cruel!!

I don't know if you ubnderstand what I mean, I wish you see the main idea....

For me, this film, is the best of the three last!!

Yes. It's not as good as the last one. The movie has lost its 'real' magic from the predecessors. I mean, it's now just like a normal action movie with a lot of wizardry in it. I don't know why. Maybe it's because Harry is growing or what.

But mostly I'll give the cast for Luna Lovegood and Professor Umbridge 2 thumbs up. They did a good job on their characters. I love Umbridge's laugh. It always gives me a big laugh too.

Yes. It's not as good as the last one. The movie has lost its 'real' magic from the predecessors. I mean, it's now just like a normal action movie with a lot of wizardry in it. I don't know why. Maybe it's because Harry is growing or what.

They keep changing directors. The guy who directed this film has apparently only done TV before this project. The film is still getting a 76% and a 71 on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic respectively, which are pretty good scores from these two critical indices.

This movie has a new screenwriter as well. Warner Bros. should've made a deal with one director for all 7 movies because every director has a different idea of how things should be done, and it screw things up.

Unfortunately the director of movie 5, David Yates, is signed on for Half Blood Prince. We can already expect that one to be a disappointment. I believe that Yates said he though the other movies 'dragged on too much', and in a recent article on OotP he said he wants the 6th movie to be 'witty and smart', which is odd.

I liked it (as in the sets, like the Ministry of Magic and the Dumbledore's Army room), but I thought that the story was very rushed and it skipped a lot of important things from the book, like Ron and Hermonie becoming prefects. Overall I'd rate it a 5/10.

I watched it on its opening day and thought that it was quite good. There are quite a few funny bits, good special effects, and a good story line.

I didn’t except much from it tbh because I didn’t really like the 2 or 3 I have seen in the past, and I don’t like other films of this sort of nature like pirates of the Caribbean, and lord of the rings, but it is worth a watch.

A good bit of British hummer in it too. I am in the USA visiting my dad atm and me and my dad found ourselves giggling at things that no one ells was finding funny, lol.