TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Attention CP Fanboys!

Hey there!

For anyone who knows the exact answer to this already, or is going to Cedar Point soon can you please find out!

We are trying to figure out if you are allowed to bring the big plastic souvenir cups that the park sells in line with you on the major attractions.

I know that CP is extremely anal about bringing a bag, camera, anything in line with you for the big rides, but I'm wondering if they allow the stuff that they sell in line? I don't see a problem with bringing a big plastic cup that I bought at CP in line with me, then just throwing it to the side of the train when I load, then picking it up at the exit.

Anyone know for sure? Please tell me!

-----------------

If you're wondering why I need this info, CP offers an option to groups to purchase the big souvenir cups and they get free refills all day. This sounds great, but if you're not allowed to bring them in line with you, it's pathetic cause you'll spend all your money putting them in lockers all day!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During my summer of 2003 trip to CP, I purchased a "Wicked Twister" souvineer cup that I took with me on every ride line except Millennium Force. We decided that putting everything in a locker before our morning ride on MF would just be easier. For the rest of the day, though, we offloaded all of our small, loose objects (cup included) into the bins at all of the ride's stations. We had no problems what-so-ever. We did not ride TTD, so, I'm not sure about that one.

I belive that the MF lockers had an up-charge of $1.00 per hour.

^ Yes, thank you. We've read the website, DUH. Now if someone can give us ACTUAL information based on personal experiences....

How accessible are lockers nearby? And how much they are? And are they charge per use or do they do like Universal or other parks where you get an hour free, etc, or only have to pay for the time you use.

Question being - if I have to pay $5 each time I got on MF, TTD, or Mav for a locker to put my cup which I've already given the park money for...that's REALLY lame.

Any CP ride ops here to give us some info?

Thanks!

--Robb "If it was like 50 cents for the locker while I ride MF, I could justify that." Alvey

All-day locker rental is available near the main gate (right side) and at Soak City . The rental fee for these lockers is $3.00 for a small locker and $5.00 for a large locker. A $10.00 deposit is required and will be refunded when the locker key is returned.

Other lockers are also located near Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Wicked Twister, Magnum exit, Snake River Falls and Thunder Canyon . The Rental fee for these lockers is $1.00 (coin) and is paid each time the locker is opened. (Change machines are located near the lockers.)

If the lockers are all taken or you need more storage space, bins are available for rent at the Stroller Rental near the Main Gate for $3.00. Bins are rented on a one-time in, one-time out basis. Partial contents cannot be removed from the bins or additions made to the bin during the day. The entire contents would need to be removed and then another bin rented if available (for $3.00). The following items cannot be placed in the bins: Food items, coolers, luggage or valuables (cameras, purses, etc.)

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/loose_articles.cfm

I just never bring any loose articles to Cedar Point as they are not consistant.

The level of enforcement changes from year to year, or even month to month.

A couple years ago they wouldn't let you in any line with loose articles. Even Power Tower. I saw people throwing stuffed animals onto the ground after getting denied into Magnums line.

Even though you might be able to bring those cups into some lines on a certain day, you never know if they will crack down on a different day.

During my visit last week the employees at the entrance to Mav, Mil, and TTD said nothing about loose items. This was different from my visit last season. I know I carried a plastic cup into the Maverick Que and the employee didn't mind. We put our cups in our pockets while on TTD and Millenium and that seemed ok. We didn't try to hide the fact that we had cups.

I had this problem on TTD and Millennium Force in 2005, except with a cell phone. Luckily I went with my cousin, who bought the cell phone. The problem with the phone was that it was slightly sticking of her pocket and the ride ops were afraid it would come out during ride. So, When we got to the coaster's station, the ride ops would let one of us ride the coaster, while the other stood on the exit Ramp with the phone. Then when they got off of the coaster we would switch positions and the other person would ride. It is sorta like Disney's child swap program, but only with a cell phone.

But in your guy's case, I can already hear the employee at the ride's entrance saying," That item is too large to carry on the ride with you, but you can rent one of our *cheap*, and conviently placed lockers right behind you."

I would definitely contact CP, via their website, and find out for sure.

Axman, that's a perfect answer, thank you!

No prob.

I'm guessing that the only reson that you can't have loose objects with you on MF/TTD is beause of the duel stations. Therefore, I can't imagine why you couldn't bring loose objects along with you, whilst in line for Maverick. There doesn't seem to be any lockers near Maverick anyway.

Elissa, Robb,

I was just at CP last week. As stated the only rides where you'll have to ditch the loose articles before getting in line are MF and TTD. Someone mentioned the daily locker rentals, which are fine but the keys are idiotically designed without a loop to put around your wrist.

On our second park day, we used the coin-op lockers ($1.00, and staffed by an employee making change) at MF and TTD and most of the keys had wrist loops, which made me more comfortable than using the more expensive daily lockers.

Hope this helps...

Jarrad

All-day locker rental is available near the main gate (right side) and at Soak City . The rental fee for these lockers is $3.00 for a small locker and $5.00 for a large locker. A $10.00 deposit is required and will be refunded when the locker key is returned.

Other lockers are also located near Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Wicked Twister, Magnum exit, Snake River Falls and Thunder Canyon . The Rental fee for these lockers is $1.00 (coin) and is paid each time the locker is opened. (Change machines are located near the lockers.)

If the lockers are all taken or you need more storage space, bins are available for rent at the Stroller Rental near the Main Gate for $3.00. Bins are rented on a one-time in, one-time out basis. Partial contents cannot be removed from the bins or additions made to the bin during the day. The entire contents would need to be removed and then another bin rented if available (for $3.00). The following items cannot be placed in the bins: Food items, coolers, luggage or valuables (cameras, purses, etc.)

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/loose_articles.cfm

Seriously, dude, we can read the f**king website. We've read that. We're asking for PERSONAL experiences from this season. The website gives you the "boiler plate" information meant for the general public. Personal experiences can vary, and we will make our decisions based on those.

If all you're going to do is quote the website....DON'T.

You're wasting our time.

Information like this:

Someone mentioned the daily locker rentals, which are fine but the keys are idiotically designed without a loop to put around your wrist.

Is a perfect example of what we're looking for.

--Robb

I never get the souvenir cup. It's a hassle.

Now what I will do is have a bottle of water that I will fill up throughout the day at any concession stand.

Lockers are accessible. Just like the change machine.

But you have to ask yourself, with the souvenir cup you will save money for refills, but now you are spending money for the lockers. Is it worth it?

For Elissa and Robb, it will be easy with the stroller acting as a locker (that is what we always did). But for those that don't have a stroller, well it is sounds of cha-ching in the locker slot your change goes.

Seriously, dude, we can read the f**king website. We've read that. We're asking for PERSONAL experiences from this season. The website gives you the "boiler plate" information meant for the general public. Personal experiences can vary, and we will make our decisions based on those.

You're wasting our time.

Well it seems to me that the info from the website gave the answers to all the questions you asked.

You're wasting our time.

Well it seems to me that the info from the website gave the answers to all the questions you asked.

Then you obviously aren't "getting" what or why we are asking this.

Everyone else who has responded seems to get it, and responded with very helpful information....so it's just you.

--Robb "Thank you to everyone who is helping us deterimine if this is a good idea or not!" Alvey

^Very good point.

Does Maverick have seperate load/unload?

Honestly, if three major rides didn't allow it, I don't see the point as they would just get annoying to carry around.

No, you get on and off at the same spot. Maverick also has bins. TTD and MF are the only two rides that you can't bring items on. What I have seen people do on TTD, though, is right as the gates open to load, they run over to the fence and give the item to a non rider standing on the midway. The ops don't care if you do that.

How did you manage to fit a souvineer cup in your pocket?!

They were the smaller Coaster Mania free refill cups. Concering larger cups I can't say.

Seriously, my experience was that they were more relaxed than last season. The person at TTD said nothing to us about loose items, cargo pockets, or anything.

^^Spandex?

So if you have a camera in your pocket will they not let you in line? Or you just can't take it out of your pocket while in line?

They won't pat you down looking for objects.

But I wouldn't be obvious about it either. Cargo shorts with zippers/ buttons, velcro etc. work great.

Glasses need to have straps (I seriously suggest tight straps).