TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Attention CP Fanboys!

I've never had a problem bringing anything in line on any ride except MF and TTD. I've gotten into the habit of always wearing cargo shorts when I go to CP now because as long as your pockets are secured by velcro/buttons/zippers/etc., they don't have a problem with loose articles, provided that they'll fit in your pockets. All I typically have loose article-wise though are my keys, cellphone, wallet, glasses, and sometimes a hat. Obviously the large souvenir cups aren't going to fit in cargo pockets but there are lockers right by the entrances to both rides...but look at the bright side, the lockers are still cheaper than a 20oz water bottle from the vending machines!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there yesterday and had no trouble carrying my camera bag onto any of the rides, including TTD and MF. Most of the rides use "smart bins" as I call them. They open a certain bin for your train, then only your train can get into that bin. Makes me feel a lot more comfortable that someone isn't going to steal my stuff while I'm on the ride.

At MF, they didn't say anything to me about having my camera out in line, but at TTD they insisted that it be in a cargo pocket. Im not sure how a big souvenir cup will be able to go on MF or TTD. Unless you can stick it down your shirt, I doubt they'll let you bring it on. As others have said, it seems to be really inconsistent. Rides that have separate load/unload stations are going to be your biggest problems. Rides like TTD, MF, Disaster Transport, Wildcat, etc.

Hope this helps!

I used a locker by MF all afternoon! I put my souvoneer cup and hat in it and left it there for a few hours, planning out that I would be back in that area later. So if they are charging per hour, that never happened to me.

That's not the experience I had. In 2005 I was told I couldn't wear a waist pack on TTD. Jer was wearing glasses and they told him he'd have to put them in a locker, we showed the ride op that we both had button/zipper cargo pockets and he said we had to empty our pockets into a locker. Judging by the other experiences mentioned here, it sounds like we just got a very strict op. We didn't have this problem with Millenium Force or any other rides.
It most likely was a strict ride host. In 2003, I once was told to put my camera in a cargo pocket or a locker when I got in line for TTD because he told me the lap bar wouldn't come down. I'd ridden tons of times with the camera attached.

The camera was in a bag secured to my belt. So I put it in a cargo pocket, which felt much less secure than the belt. When I got in the station, I put it back on my belt and had no other problems -- with the ride hosts or the lap bar.

Lockers are not hourly. I've seen this questioned numerous times in this thread. The lockers at the front of the park are the all-day lockers, but the lockers anywhere else (Magnum, TTD, MF, Thunder Canyon and Skyhawk) can be "all-day" lockers too. There is no limit on them, except you can't keep them in there overnight.

From what I saw this year so far, you are allowed to bring loose articles in line as long as you can secure them. Maverick has bins for each train that close when you leave the station and don't open until you get back in, with a ride op standing near it at all times (just like Raptor). When i went i saw many people denied taking loose articles on Dragster and MF (this excludes regular [non souvenir] cups, which i brought in line many times on hot days and can be thrown away). This year they let me have my camera out in line for all rides, but it had to be put in my coat pocket which zips up when i was on the ride. Like I said, they allow loose articles in line as long as you can secure them while on the ride, and they wont let you bring them in line if the ride ops cant see that you can secure them.

I was at Cedar Point a few days ago, and while in line for Millenium Force, the people in front of me had one of those giantic slushie cups and were walking in line with it just fine. Also, once I got up to the loading platform, the two people in the front row had water bottles with them, and they asked the ride op to take them for them. The ride op did, and just put both bottles right next to the ride op's booth (where they control the ride from, on Millenium it's enclosed) . So I'm guessing either the ride op walked over to the other side and gave them back to the people or had them come back to get it. But yeah, you could probably get in line with the cup because CP has water and soda machines in their lines. Heck, when I went to KI, they even had people with stands selling slushies, lemonade, and water IN LINE! It really held up the line, though. Those are my expiriences. Hope they help!

No waist packs at HW was a new rule last year. They still allow nothing, not even in secured cargo pockets, but again, some ops are a little more strict than others. An op on Raven told a friend of mine to remove a piece of fudge from a ZIPPERED pocket, this after riding Legend and Voyage multiple times with it in the zippered pocket.

That's kind of ridiculous! If it's in a zippered pocket, where the heck is it going to go? I know Voyage is supposed to be aggressive, but is it taking off people's pants on the 90 degree turns or something?

Policies like that make NO sense.

^ At least at HW though they've got a place to store all your stuff. The ride ops even take your bags,etc from you and place it in the bins for you.

They also have actually locking lockers that you can use for something more valuable. I think it's free, though I never had the need to use one.

Actually they will hand you a key with a wrist strap for anything you want to put away that is valuable.

HW was really cool about taking our bags for us when we were getting on and off the trains of the coasters.