TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Waiting in line...

Lines arn't really a big deal for my friends and me. I mean, if we notice a line is long as hell, we won't go in, but if we do, we're fine.

I remmeber onetime X's line didn't move for, liek, an hour. I guess they didn't have the sliptter person so people were just going to the ride, and the splitter guy came and we had to wait it out until the ramps were emptied out before the line would move again. Dang we got comfortable in that line. We were a bit annoyed when it kept moving again. haha.

But if you don't go witht he right people, it can be hell.

Still, i prefer an emptier park.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to the parks alone and my main goal is to ride and leave most the time. I dont wanna wait in lines but I dont mind if its like, 30 minutes or less. If I know I can go to a park on a less crowded day im going to opt for that day.

Jarvis "why wait when you dont have to!" Morant

When I go to a park I want to get as many rides as I can in as little time as possible so I hate lines. Even a 15 minute line is something I want to avoid if possible. I enjoy walking through an empty queue and walking into an empty station and having my choice of rows and waiting 30 seconds for the next train to return to the station so I can board the ride.
Same here, I like to keep moving. I was in SFOT one year with a stupid couple that kept singing Seasons Of love OUTLOUD! God i hate that stupid song and was ready to punch the daylights out of them!

^ DIE!!!!!!!

five-hundred-twenty-five-thousand-six-hundred minutes...

five-hundred-twenty-five-thousand moments so dear.

five-hundred-twenty-five-thousand-six-hundred minutes!

How do you measure, measure a year?

Have you ever gotten that song stuck in your head? You WILL be singing it outloud at somepoint. I hear it all the time at school, people randomly humming it.

RENT

I don't know why, but I just can't get the ride and leave mentality. I do that sometimes at parks I go to like all the time, but I'd rather spend a whole day and take it all in. Otherwise I would just start taking speed. Same feeling I would suppose. Of course, I also don't really care for going to parks alone unless I'm specifically in the mood for it.

For people who love parks, seems like some of you want to leave them as soon as possible.

In my opinion, the ride feels much more satisfying if I have to wait... I don't know why...

Flat rides, I won't queue if it's for more than an hour. When we do get on the rides, we usually get everyone chanting 'here we go, here we go here we go!'. We got the whole of Ramesis Revenge singing it throughout the entire ride, even through the fountains! That was an incredible day. Heavy rain, repeat rides, full-blast fountains, the works! We all got hypothermia I believe...

I agree with a lot of others here in that if a long line is constantly moving, I don't mind waiting for a while. The one thing that really bugged me at the TPR meet at SFA was that while waiting for Superman both times we rode, we waited for about 20-30 minutes while just inside the station. Whereas at BGE the past two weekends, I was in line for Griffon, each time about 45 minutes to an hour, and had no problem because it was always moving (that and there was a lot more to look at while in line for Griffon. Line Jumping is another thing that can make a wait even worse.

I don't mind waiting in line as long as it's moving (like most people have said) and as long as no one is showing excessive PDA in front or in back of me. Has that every happened to any of you? A couple gettin' reaaaaaal into it in front of all these people? Ugh. It's just gross and it makes everyone around them feel so awkward.

Haha. I almost forgot one of my favorite parts of it. If the queue is part wooden, most of the time people have probably etched stuff into the wood. It's like a cleaner version of a public toilet stall. Sometimes you see interesting things written. I think my favorite place to read is White Water Canyon at KD.

I'm impatient, I hate lines. If it's an air conditioned line on a hot day, I mind a lot less, but I still don't like waiting. I take time to enjoy a park, walk around, see everything, do re-rides. I'm not really one to rush in and leave, but waiting in line isn't part of the 'enjoying a park' experience for me. I understand it's often impossible to avoid lines, but if I have the option of getting a fast pass I definately will.

I understand the building up anticipation before you ride reasoning, but I tend to build up anticipation when I start planning a trip and am waiting to actually go on it. When I do finally get there I just want to ride and experience as much as I can while I'm there, and long lines make it so I experience a lot less! I counted down something like 300 days from the time Jer and I began planning our Toronto to Florida trip and that was enough anticipation time for me!!

I don't know why, but I just can't get the ride and leave mentality. I do that sometimes at parks I go to like all the time, but I'd rather spend a whole day and take it all in. Otherwise I would just start taking speed. Same feeling I would suppose. Of course, I also don't really care for going to parks alone unless I'm specifically in the mood for it.

For people who love parks, seems like some of you want to leave them as soon as possible.

For me, when I go to a local park I don't want to spend hours and hours there because I have a limited amount of free time with work and wouldn't want to spend that time in line. I go to Dorney on a weekly basis and never spend more than 3 - 4 hours which is plenty of time to get 20 - 25 rides in. If I had to invest a full day's worth of time to ride everything I wanted in a park, I wouldn't go as often. That's also a reason I will never go on a weekend during daily operations so I can avoid almost all lines.

I also enjoy waiting in line if it's moving in small bits - ex. waiting 45 minutes for Batman: The Ride last Thursday because it was running only one train was terrible - the line only moved after it completed one circuit!

Also, if it takes a long time between moving, the theming a queue might have gets boring and you pretty much never want to see it again.

Monica and I both eschew of fast-pass systems, we prefer to wait in line.
I used to be against Fastpass out of principle but then you have to realize that if you don't use it you miss out. You WILL be waiting in longer lines if you don't use it.

Part of the reason Fastpass works so well for the people who use it is because there are still so many people who don't know about it, or don't know how to use it to its full potential. I think that if everyone used it the amount of rides you get in on any given day would be the same with or without it. The only way Fastpass feels like it creates more time is because some people are missing out.

I've given Fastpasses I wasn't going to use because I was leaving to other park guests who had no idea how to use them. I had to walk some guy and his kid to the Fastpass entrance of Indy once.

Of course this applies to Disney parks and not parks where you have to pay for fastpass-like privileges.

...an enjoyable lost art?

Wow, I've been an artist for years, and had no idea!

The only time I don't mind waiting in lines are at places with highly themed queue lines (WDW, IOA, etc.). And even then, I still don't want the line to be more than 10-15 minutes. That's just enough time to take in the theming and then get onboard.

Longer lines just mean I usually have to put up with a ton of GP idiots much longer than I'd like.

Mostly,I don`t have much problem with lines.

Less than 5:Fantastic!I can ride many,many times!

5-10:Yes!A very short line! (A line at Disney Parks)

10-20:Puh,not too long!

20-30:Need to wait a half an hour,but who cares?

30-40:Okay,I`m getting irritated!

40-50:This looks bad!

50-60:Oh,come on!

Over 1 Hour:OMG!

^Lines for rides seem to be much shorter for major rides where you live, but at a major park in America, a 30 minute wait means you're lucky. While I usually use flash pass, I really don't mind waiting in a line. With the exception of S:UF, waiting in line is worth the ride, and unless the line is spilling into the midway, I don't have a problem. However, I do become irritated when crowd control in the station is poor. At fright fest last year, the wait in the queue for Viper was 30 minutes, but I was in the station for one hour! Everyone wanted their group to ride together, line jumping was everywhere, and it was really unpleasant.