TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Re-Organizaing TPR's Front Page

What do you think of the re-organized TPR front page?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the re-organized TPR front page?

• I like it!
    • I like it, but I have suggestions (see my post below)
    • I like the old version better.

^I agree--make the thumbnails bigger and use fewer words (that should help with the "textiness").

For example:

New Video--Alton Towers, UK!

Featuring Nemesis, Oblivion, and more!

Rather than saying "Alton Towers in the UK featuring etc., etc."

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you ever think of changing your mascot? Cause the donkey thing isn't working for me.

Sorry, I had to. I think the thumbnails and text is much better in the new sample. However, again, I also have a 21' screen at 1680 X 1200 res. So I too, am probably not the target audience.

Oh, and love the idea about making the title of the thred the link. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

All in all i think it looks nice.

^ I'm working with something similar. Also, I tried putting in an image last time...apparently didn't work in my edit. Here it is again. As a note it's doing something very similar with the current home page as well.

As far as the new text size, I like that alot, but would maybe go reverse from Nicoles suggestion with larger description size and smaller link text size. It is definitely easier to read either way.

TPRerror.jpg.a44dea05e63c8ca418f50befe85e9d6b.jpg

It looks great Robb, alot easier to catch up if you've been away or something.

I'm not sure if this in question or not, but it would be cool if you could somehow add the blue gradient like in the forums (categories, thread titles, etc.) to the categories on the main page. I'm not sure exactly how it would come out, but it might look nice. Just an idea.

Either way, it looks great!

but going back to the "basics" just kind of need to know if people find having it re-organized is a better approach or not.

--Robb

I really like the re-organized approach.

Text and size issues aside, I think it's a better layout.

I kind of liked the old version better.

On this new version each item looks too small to me.

And the search box having a column of it's own seems to get in the way. Is it even needed?

I see where you're trying to go though.

Nooooo. Don't change it. I agree the new version is way too small for my eyes. I'm so used to seeing everything big. Too small. I'll have to get used to it if you decide to change it, but still. I hope you take our opinions (on the small thing)into consideration. By the way, I dont write much here, but I do visit everyday to see whats up. I dont log in everyday though. I have met you only once, Actually, I rode next to you on tatsu's media day. But ok I will talk to you all laters.

The Safari issues were also fixed it in Opera on Windows.

Honestly, at first glance it is a bit busy. Too many words and pictures (I liked the suggestion of using the tittle and/or thumbnail as the link) but it's a much better format for different types of updates people would be intresting in.

I like it but I don't seem have the font that everyone seems to have in those screenshots. Maybe using a font that's a bit more universal to all computers?

What font are you referring to?

The main titles (like announcements and official updates) show up as Veranda or something, not the TPR font.

I like it but I don't seem have the font that everyone seems to have in those screenshots. Maybe using a font that's a bit more universal to all computers?

What font are you referring to?

The main titles (like announcements and official updates) show up as Veranda or something, not the TPR font.

Oh, yeah....I changed that. I'll put back the TPR font .gif images in the final version....

Here is one concern I have about it. Does anyone think it's "too busy?" One thing I liked about having one list of updates is that it was easy to see what the most recent update was. It was on the top of the list. Now with multiple tables, is it still easy to figure out, or is it confusing?

--Robb

Hey Robb -

I am a long time reader despite the post count.

Anyway - looking at new4.htm I LOVE the idea of the update, but I think it is a tad too "texty" Maybe if you put some spacing in the tables to separate the text from one update to the next. There is great spacing between the right and left columns, but not he updates in their respective columns IMHO.

Also I would not say make the thumbs bigger - but make them taller. This would give you more room for text and spacing, but it would require a bit more work making a thumb that size.

And ya, it is hard to tell what the newest update is - maybe you could put the newest 1 or 2 update(s) at the very top of the page under the announcements section and name it 'Most Recent Updates' or something along that line.

Ok, so I'm hoping this version is a "winner"

http://www.themeparkreview.com/newindex/index_new5.htm

Basically in this one I've:

- Made the thumbnails bigger

- Increased the font size

- Made the titles the link

- Added the TPR font for the headers

- Cleaned up some of the spacing issues in the tables

- Able to have more descriptions

Let me know what you all think!

--Robb