TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Coke/Pepsi Connection

It's funny what a random thought on a thursday can start up.....

I agree with the "I will drink the other kind if that is what they have." statment. I found it really funny when I worked at Chick-Fil-A, there was a person who asked for a Mountain Dew, and I told them we had Mello Yello, and they about crapped a brick because we didn't have mountain dew. Another thing abour Pepsi being from here in Eastern NC is that people always ask for pepsi even if they are getting a refill of coke. Man am I glad that I was from Seattle

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My school is Pepsi sponsored. It completely fails. That, coupled with the law saying that they can only sell diet soday makes for some nasty stuff. I think our best vending machine now is a Nesquick machine, which does own.

^ ya my school is sposored by Pepsi too. Pepsi is the most UNGODLY drink out there......I can't drink that crap. Coke is the original and the best. You're crazy if you like that waterey Pepsi taste.

If I go to a place and it serves Pepsi products I just drink water.

And the best thing about most Six Flag's is the fact that they sell Coke over Pepsi. Great moves all around.

Someone once told me that Pepsi is the root of all evil in the world.

If you see a Pepsi truck, it's a day of bad luck, if you see a Coke truck, it's a day of GOOD luck.

Not sure if that's true or not, but something to think about next time you see a Pepsi truck!

--Robb

So Elissa, I guess you wouldn't be in just about any concession stand line at most places like the stadiums and entertainment centers here in Eastern North Carolina (Then agian, I dunno why many people would come over here anyway). Just about everyone (other than the chain resturants that sell coke like McDonalds) around here sells Pepsi since it was created in New Bern, NC.

Pepsi sucks and so does eastern North Carolina.

^ Same kind of thing here at the ECU sports games. ECU is sponsored by Pepsi (You cannot find coke anywhere on campus). They used to have Papa John's Pizza, who sells coke at their store from what I am aware of. This year they started to sell Pizza Hut insted.

-alpengeist04: There are times I could not agree with you more. I don't know what it is about the area, but most of the people are just always mean and rude (Maybe it has something to do with the fact that if you split the state to where Wake county was in on the west side of the line, and the east half became a state, it would be the poorest in the nation.) T

There really is not much to do over on this side of the state either. That is one reason I am ready to graduate because my Fiancee is planning on going to Chapel Hill for her Graduate degree, and I think we are planning on living somewhere in Raleigh. I definatly think the people there are nicer and more relaxed.

Here is a random fact for everyone. When Cedar Point added Coasters, the were originally planning on it being a McDonalds. The deal killer was the beverage association (Cedar Point with Pepsi, McDonald's with Coke).

Does anyone remember Crystal, A.M., Kona and Blue Pepsi ? They failed just as bad as the New Coke.

The big difference there is Pepsi didn't eliminate its original product in favor of those newer versions. During the "New Coke" debacle you couldn't even buy regular coke! I really hope that whatever drug-addled marketing genius that came up with "New Coke" lost his/her job over that stroke of genius. Imagine having that little diddy on your resume.

I actually read up on New Coke on Wikipedia...according to the author, New Coke was actually being fairly well received in most of the country...it was just all those vocal Southern loyalists who shouted their hatred the loudest, and gave it a lot of negative press...

Then again, I DID read this on Wikipedia.

I actually read up on New Coke on Wikipedia...according to the author, New Coke was actually being fairly well received in most of the country...it was just all those vocal Southern loyalists who shouted their hatred the loudest, and gave it a lot of negative press...

Then again, I DID read this on Wikipedia.

I'm reading the Wiki article right now. It's fairly interesting. Roughly 10% of their focus groups gave the overwhelming negative response, which they downplayed.

The problem with New Coke was the fact that they *replaced* the original formula with it. They took the choice away from consumers! They should have been less drastic and marketed New Coke alongside the original formula. I tried New Coke back in the day, and frankly it was disgusting, like a Coke version of Pepsi.

Personally, I think the rivalry between Coke and Pepsi is stupid because I can't taste any big diffrences. Coke has a little more carbonation than Pepsi, But other than that, they taste the same.

But this is just my opinion on Coke & Pepsi.

Honestly, I like both Coke and Pepsi, but prefer Coke. To me it just tastes a bit better. However, whenever Pepsi does the flavored sodas (Cherry, Lime, Lemon, etc.), they seem to do it better than Coke for some reason.

Eric

im not a complainer but when arbys went to pepsi (at least around here), III about crapped a brick. I try to steer clear of taco bells and KFCs b/c of pepsi. and DQ - just recently swapped here locally and pizza hut.

i do wish chick fil a would sell Mr Pibb

To add to the thoughts...

Why is Dr Pepper so limited at theme parks?

As for the Pepsi vs. Coke.

I have to choose Pepsi, followed by Cherry Coke. Coke is just to dry tasting I think.

As for the New Coke. I remember that stuff. It wasn't bad just not that great. I was pretty young but I remember if correct after is started bombing, they hurried to bring back the original Coke "classic now" but I think they kept both brands New and Classic on the shelf for a while.

Hey don't dis Pepsi Blue, it sucked but I could not stop buying and drinking that stuff. I never liked it either. Damn blue things.

(Fav. color blue. If something is blue I will buy it over other options. I can't help it.)