TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IKEA Fans

Bubba Z

Kasey and I live in the house IKEA built. When we bought the place five years ago, we had little or no furniture. We found IKEA in Seattle and would drive up two or three times a year, each time filling our van to the brim.

Now that IKEA has opened in Porltand! We've gone 8 times, we are starting to work on our kitchen next.

A word of advise, always check out the as is section, great bargins are to be had there!

bilde.jpg.d2576979c0f9b5c141339d236f79110a.jpg

Me at the grand opening of Ikea Portland... Big guy, orange shirt! can't miss him!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!! The first Ikea in Ireland opens on the 13th December. It is in Belfast.

And I just live 10mins from it!!

Bad thing is....if I am to go on the opening day, looks like I am going myself. Parents are all *No Way*. Because it will be way too busy. Apparently there was a riot at some Ikea that opened in England somewhere.

Ikea opens in South Florida wednesday!! Yay!!

I need to stop in that place and look around before the weekend... I work about 10 minutes way from it now. I need to look at a new computer desk.

Oh and it's funny that the place they originally wanted to build the store turned it down because of it would ruin the "family hometown nature" of the city due to traffic, but they had no problem giving a permit to a "Gentleman's club" in the area?

A mess!

Terry

All this talk of Ikea got me to finally finish staining and cutting the plexiglass top for my Hol storage "cube" turned coffee table.

It looks great, though it's a bit taller than I expected.

The catalog pic (I stained mine darker):

Hmm..I never seen an Ikea store. I've seen it metioned on this site before, but I just never knew what the hell it actually is.....is it like a Walmart or something? (And just because YALL know about it doesnt mean everyone else does. I havent even seen a commercial of it!)

Hmm..I never seen an Ikea store. I've seen it metioned on this site before, but I just never knew what the hell it actually is.....is it like a Walmart or something? (And just because YALL know about it doesnt mean everyone else does. I havent even seen a commercial of it!)
\

I think it's time you edumacate yourself.

IKEA

Ikea is only the best Chinese made Scandinavian furniture and housewares flat packed for easier shipping store there is.

^^Trader Joe's is NOWHERE near a good a store as it used to be. When I lived in CA, I shopped there all the time. Now, they don't seem to offer anything that I cannot get at one of my better local grocery stores. I think that Trader Joes got worse after they expanded so much.

Ah well, I have access to a Wegman's, which totally destroys all other grocery stores anyway...

dt

I like Trader Joe's, it has some good stuff for pretty cheap. I agree the quality of their products has gone down hill quite a bit, and they've lost many of their unique items, but there's still some awesome items there and their prices on things like milk are better than Ralph's and Vons. I just hate the fact the TJ that's near me is like old people's Disneyland or something. The median age there at any time can't be lower than 75.

IKEA...yeah. So wonderful. I recently refurnished my room with new stuff from IKEA. The Poang chairs are comfortable as hell. I keep waiting for them to get the computer chair I want back in stock, it's been out for like two months.

Wal-Marts are the pit of hell and they should be nuked repeatedly.

I wish we had a Trader Joes. Their frozen prepared meals are pretty damned good. I always think of it as a cheap whole foods.

^^Damn you and your Wegmans. I took it for granted during college and now i suffer weekly at Stop and Shop.

I think it's time you edumacate yourself.

IKEA

Ikea is only the best Chinese made Scandinavian furniture and housewares flat packed for easier shipping store there is.

Ok, I checked the site....so thats what an IKEA is. I don't see whats the big deal about it, though. The closest thing we got to an IKEA (as far as I know) is a Target and *gasps* Walmart

^NEVER COMPARE IKEA TO A WALMART!!!! THAT'S ALMOST A 24 HOUR BAN!!!!

Didn't know saying Walmart and IKEA on the same line was so taboo. Walmart's not THAT bad...at times...

Ok, I checked the site....so thats what an IKEA is. I don't see whats the big deal about it, though. The closest thing we got to an IKEA (as far as I know) is a Target and *gasps* Walmart

It's a furniture store where the furniture looks nice, holds up really well, and doesn't cost a bajillion dollars.

Walmart's not THAT bad...at times...

If English is your second language, then that is true. Otherwise, I HATE Wal-Mart.

They claim to have such good prices, yet I find basically the same prices across the street at Target, and get much better service there too!

Since Sam died, the place has gone to h*ll.

If English is your second language, then that is true. Otherwise, I HATE Wal-Mart.

They claim to have such good prices, yet I find basically the same prices across the street at Target, and get much better service there too!

Since Sam died, the place has gone to h*ll.

Walmart does suck, but they do have obscenely low prices on certain things. The low pricing comes from their bullying their suppliers around, often forcing them into selling things at or near cost. Heck, Walmart is powerful enough to push Procter and Gamble around. Name another firm who can do that.

Yeah, Sam Walton was one of the main proponents of "Buy American". But these days it's "Buy Cheap Chinese Crap".

Yeah I work for the bank they bank with (not getting in trouble by stating who)...but they basically do that with the bank as well. Basically they don't want to pay anything to bank with us, and they get it because they're so huge.

I think their common trick with suppliers is if they get multiple products/services from a supplier they try to get them to sell them one thing at cost and let them profit off another thing. I'm pretty sure they do that with bikes. They force the companies to sell them the cheaper bikes at or below cost so that they can also sell the more expensive bikes that they actually make money from.