TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hey, name's Matt. I'm a junior at the University of Oklahoma majoring in Film & Media. Gonna be the next Spielberg haha. Just joined and enjoy lookin around the site so far. Favorite coaster is either X2 or TTD. Hit me up if any of you wanna talk.

A.E.K.Δ.B

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI I joined like a week ago but I had no idea this page existed till now. So here I am and HI

I love roller coasters and have been intrigued by them since about 2005-2006 when I was a little kid. My favorite coaster is Magnum XL-200 (and yes I have ridden Maverick and MF and for some odd reason I still think this is better than them). I also love music, my favorite band is August Burns Red, but I pretty much listen to anything. I'm also a North Sider (aka if you're not from Chicago/Chicagoland that means I'm a Chicago Cubs fan). If anyone wants to talk about roller coasters or anything feel free.

Hi there. I am from Poland - the "amusement park desert". We don't have yet a single theme park worth mentioning. As for myself, I've been so far in two amusement parks: Mirabilandia (Italy) and Phantasialand (Germany). Joining this forum is for me a first step in my new journey - visiting some of the top amusement parks around the world.

Cheers,

lipskia

Hey, name's Matt. I'm a junior at the University of Oklahoma majoring in Film & Media. Gonna be the next Spielberg haha. Just joined and enjoy lookin around the site so far. Favorite coaster is either X2 or TTD. Hit me up if any of you wanna talk.

Always cool to someone from the area... kinda. Welcome!

Hey Folks...the name is Gerald but a select few can get away with calling me Gerry. There was a time not too long ago when I was petrified off Roller Coasters and then one day in the summer of 2001 I decided to face that fear and went to Canadas Wonderland by myself. The first ride I chose was Minebuster and let's just say that after that ride I was a changed man and have'nt looked back since. Now I am travelling around this great planet of ours in search of the best coasters it has to offer

Hello, everybody. Long time caller, first time listener here...

My name is BDFS, and I'm a Coasterholic.

I love small government, and big women. I frequently start conversations with strangers in the middle of the Kroger parking lot. I type poorly. (Never had ONE lesson.) I named my sons Walker, and Texas Ranger. I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-shirt. 'Cause it says like, I wanna be formal but I’m here to party too. I like to party, so I like my Jesus to party. I like to quote movies starring Will Ferrell. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I also love the movie 'Bull Durham.' I don't believe you can reason with animals, young children, or "riff-raff." I always return my shopping cart to the cart corral. I don't text and drive. I FaceTime and drive. I'm generally a very happy person. I've already said too much...

Will you be my friend?

Hey guys, I'm Jacob,but you can call me ahhculdee, that's my Youtube username. I'm one of friendliest guys you'll meet because I'm just a nice person at heart. My home park is Dollywood, so I am held to a pretty high standard when it comes to theme/amusement/entertainment parks. I am also a gamer, a fan of comic books, and I like several sports as well.

NFL:Colts

NBA:Thunder; Celtics

NASCAR:Tony Stewart

Sincerely,

Jacob

Hello, TPR! You may have seen a few posts by me already, but let me introduce myself. I am Lucas M. Testin, better known around these parts as "LiMiT". I would like to say that I'm a coaster aficionado, because all my friends get annoyed when I spew out random roller coaster facts when we're in line for rides at my home park, Six Flags Over Georgia. I recently left the busy life of Atlanta and moved to the tiny town of Hamilton, Georgia (the population of the town is 310!). Aside from coasters, I play a lot of French Horn, Electric Bass, and DDR (that's DanceDance Revolution for all of you non-konami fans). I recently graduated high school and will attend Columbus State University as a music education major this fall. I hope to save up enough money to one day go on a TPR expedition some day! But for now, I'll just attend the Deep South Bash whenever that happens at SFOG.

Hi guys XD

I've never been much good at introductions, uhh...

I wonder if I'm not unusual in the fact that I spent most of my childhood absolutely terrified of rides & coasters, and from that became obsessed with them. That obsession was further fuelled by Rollercoaster Tycoon. Living the north of the UK all my life I've never had many opportunities to go to theme parks, so those few chances I've had since I became old enough to travel on my own I've taken with both hands.

My favourite coaster is Nemesis, and my favourite park was a pokey one from my childhood called Metroland that was situated inside a shopping centre. I'm sort of glad it got shut down, I have a feeling it wouldn't be as good as I remembered it!

I also really enjoy photography of abandoned parks- urbex is spooky but beautiful!

I'm currently in my final year as an animation student. Not sure what I want to do after that, but something in that industry would be nice.

I'm not new by any means, but I'm sure a lot of newer members are not familiar with me. I was a regular poster up until about five years ago - I did not have the the best reputation on TPR (let's just say that my social skills were not the best and that my quirks accidentally upset some people despite good intentions) and and went on a bit of hiatus.

Fast forward five years, and while I'm not the enthusiast I used to be, I still have a casual interest in going to parks, etc - I've done TPR trips in the past (including the original UK trip in 2006), and haven't ruled out doing more in the future. Since then, I've matured a bit more, started a new job, learned to fly a plane, jumped out of a plane (while someone else was flying it, of course), and am finishing another Master's degree. Never could get a girl though - I guess nice guys do finish last.

Hello all.

I've been a fan of amusement parks for as long as I could remember. I find amusement parks to be magical places due to being created for the sole purpose of fun. It's interesting to see how they continue to evolve with new and better rides. As for roller coasters, well, I've been working up the courage to try a few.

My favorite park has to be Knoebels. It's only two hours away from my house and was the first park I went to as a kid. I love the fact you can pay as you go, the free parking, admission, and shows, and the fact that it's a lovely park in the woods. Other PA parks like Hersheypark and Dorney Park I enjoy.

I'm also drawn to abandoned parks as well. Did you know that in my area of Pennsylvania there were several popular parks now gone? I'm talking about places like Hanson's, Fernbrook, Angela's, Rocky Glen, Luna Park Scranton, and Nay Aug. There's something haunting about them, thinking about what they once were.

Aside from parks, I'm an avid fan of fantasy books, movies and art. I'm a moviegoer, lover of music, and a fan of history.

So there you have it, me in a nutshell!

Hello everybody,

My name is Josh and I live on Long Island. I was extremely scared of roller coasters until I went to Dollywood a few years back and now I absolutely love them. Other then coasters I love baseball. My favorite team is the Mets and I work for my local minor league baseball team.

Hope to meet everyone soon and raise my coaster count.

Hi, I'm Brad.

I live in the UK, and my nearest theme park is Alton Towers, a 30 minute drive away. My favourite steel coaster... well, it's a tie between Montu and Nemesis. My favourite woodie is easily El Toro.

I used to be obsessed with rollercoasters but too scared to ride one. That all changed when I rode the Rock 'n Roller Coaster at Disney World on my first Florida visit. I've been a coaster nerd ever since!

Right now I'm a English student, soon to be in my last year.

Well, I guess that's it!

Name: Yolanda

Current age:24

First coaster: Poltergeist at SFFT, age 10

Favorite rides: I like pretty much any ride. My favorites are carnival rides because there's a sort of, idk, element if danger. (Once saw a bolt fly loose from a Zipper-type ride at Poteet Strawberry Fest)

I'm not new to the ways of the intertoobs, my addiction to the web began at age 9, with Neopets.

I joined Usenet soon after getting my first AOL cd in the mail. So, yeah, flame me, troll me, whatever, I can hang

I've lurked the site off and on for the past couple years but now that I have more free time on my hands I decided to join.

Hi there! My name is WYATT, but feel free to call me anything else! I have been a coaster enthusiast since age 2-4, since I went on my first roller coaster, which I believe was Timberline Twister at Knott's Berry Farm. My nearest park is Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure , about 20 minutes from my home in Laguna Beach, depending on the traffic, of course. My favorite woodie... err, I'm deciding between Apocalypse, Ghostrider, and El Toro, though I've never been on El Toro. My favorite steel is Tatsu or Green Lantern. My favorite flat ride would be the portable Tango (it used to be the Starship 2000, but that all changed after two bad experiences in the last few years, one resulting in a never-ending nosebleed and the near loss of my cell phone. I vowed never to ride it again, but, knowing me, I probably will. ) I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, and am almost finished with a project I've spent a few days on called Untamed.

Other than roller coasters, I love the beach, God, and baseball.

Wyatt "Anything" Shipp

Hey Guys,

I'm BlackHole2013, used to post on here as BlackHole2006 a long long time ago and if I remember correctly my posts were pretty awful back then. Now I am a bored student in my 20's and I am seriously into my music, so much so that I now am the front man of a band which I hope will be successful this year, quite recently, due to boredom if anything, I've been reading some old Photo TR's and it has taken me back to my child/adulthood when I was obsessed with coasters, so basically I've decided to make a new account and re-incarnate my old love for coasters! Even though I don't have the money to go to a park (as I said, bored student who wastes all his money on alcohol, food and Glastonbury tickets) I thought it would be fun to start talking about coasters and parks again! Hope everyone is alright!

Hey there all, I just joined this site, I found out about it through youtube and wanted to see that the community is like. My favorite ride is Phoenix, and it's at my favorite park Knoebels, my home park is Six Flags Great Adventure.

Hey Theme Park Review! I am Tropical7, and I have been on many other forums but I forgot my password for this one. I first learned of TPR in Disney World with many wearing TPR shirts, I lingered on this site till I joined. I am a water park enthusiast, as well I do like wooden coasters, and many steel coasters as well. I look forward to posting with you all here, and as well having a great time at the parks. May the donkeys be with you.

Tropical

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I had been on this site for about 2 months and finally decided to make an account. So I did, and it is better than that stupid COASTERFORCE that I was on (my name on there is Jason Voorhees if anyone is curious.

Edited by YOLO

Hi, I am InsaneCoasterMan. My two favorite things in life are roller coasters and pizza. My home park at the moment is Carowinds and it is almost a three hour drive from my house. My current favorite wooden roller coaster is Hades at Mt. Olympus in Wisconsin. My favorite steel roller coaster is Maverick at Cedar Point. I am currently going through high school in Raleigh and just moved here from the great state of Iowa. I have been a frequent visitor of this site for a few years and I finally decided to make an account.

Hello Theme Park Review!

My name is Rick and I love theme parks and roller coasters. I've been posting in the forums for about a week so it's about time that I introduce myself.

Despite my age, I'm relatively new to the enthusiast community. Until a few years ago I didn't even know that it existed. For me, it's less about the stats and mostly about the overall experience. I do enjoy hearing all of the technical information from other enthusiasts.

Edited by arby

Hello ladies and male ladies.

Well my name is Brandon I've loved roller coasters and parks from before time. I've been lurking on the forum and site for a long time now so i just decided to join.

Im 18, my home park is SFGAm. In which I actually work. Contrary to popular belief we don't know anything more about the future of the park than anyone else. I have reason to believe all the parks have some sort of small underground sketchy room with one hanging lightbulb and a table all the higher ups sit at and plan for hours on end. But i could be wrong.

I've been to a few parks in my years, but i mostly stay around Great America. Although next summer i do hope to take a trip out to Cedar Point and Kings Island. My favorite ride is Raging Bull, also up there is American Eagle and Demon. Other than that I don't really know anything else to add. Thanks all!