TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The end of The Python: A Photo TR

pianojohn

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had missed Python during my first visit to BGT in 2000 so I was glad I got to ride it when I visited BGA last Friday. I was very impressed with the ride's surroundings. Very scenic and good at distracting you from the slightly painful ride.

Sad to see a python bite the dust. This was the first coaster I rode that went upside down back in 1979. I was on holiday from the UK with my parents. I was totally disappointed with Disney no exciting rides back then and I really wanted to experience an upside down coaster. Then we came across busch gardens which we had never heard of. The sight of python made a 10 year old very happy back then but made my dad very unhappy as he had to ride it with me!! Thanks python you will be remembered.

To all who are wondering what all the fuss is about by losing "just another Arrow corkscrew," I offer you this analogy. It's like remembering your first car (although 99% of you in here are probably still driving, or just now receiving your first). You know it should really be put down, but yet you can't help but to think about and appreciate the good times it gave you.

The Python was my first coaster inversion, and one that I can remember waiting close to 2 hours for back in the early 80's. God knows it's been a miracle that it's lasted this long in that park, and although the time has come to retire it, it's still tough to see an old friend leave.

If that doesn't make sense to some of you, it will one day.

Well im going to be very sad to see it go...Python was my first rollercoaster PERIOD! i Still remember how scary that first drop was, but that was bout 13-14 years ago....damn Ima be mad that I cant ride it one more time....oh well. a new rollercoater would be nice in the next couple years....

I do not understand why they are shipping the trains to LNM (BGE) unless it is for spare parts.

LNM trains are in great shape. If they really wanted a change in trains they should have put Drachen Fire's Trains on LNM and repainted them.

I still wanna know what happened to those trains (DF).

I think one is in Japan on a corkscrew coaster

http://www.rcdb.com/id1204.htm

anybody know for sure?

As for Python, I am surprised it lasted this long. They are still great coasters for kids working up their courage for the Big Boys.

JEFF

^That's funny Jeff. I remember Robb's first comment when we got into the station..."Oh God, this is a Drachen Fire Train!"

Not sure if it's THE train, but it could be!

do you remember if they had 1 or 2 trains?

They must have been sold seperately (DF had 3 trains)

JEFF

I do not understand why they are shipping the trains to LNM (BGE) unless it is for spare parts.

LNM trains are in great shape. If they really wanted a change in trains they should have put Drachen Fire's Trains on LNM and repainted them.

I still wanna know what happened to those trains (DF).

I think one is in Japan on a corkscrew coaster

http://www.rcdb.com/id1204.htm

anybody know for sure?

As for Python, I am surprised it lasted this long. They are still great coasters for kids working up their courage for the Big Boys.

JEFF

no those aren't, they were dismatled, and scrapped, however, I do agree that she should get some like Drachen Fire's trains. and BTW, there were three trains, ok?

Got to ride this one last fall. Makes me sad to see it go. It very much reminded me of my first looper, a fellow arrow looper still in existance at SFGAM, the demon. I will never forget the foliage around the ride, just added so much to the beauty. Deff a fan of the arrow loopers, That is nuber two that i have been on that i have lost.

Got to ride this one last fall. Makes me sad to see it go. It very much reminded me of my first looper, a fellow arrow looper still in existance at SFGAM, the demon. I will never forget the foliage around the ride, just added so much to the beauty. Deff a fan of the arrow loopers, That is nuber two that i have been on that i have lost.

AWWWWWWWW I know your pain

• 3 weeks later...

Same, It was the only arrow (rollercoaster) I have been on.

I preety much forgot my first inversion. I think it was the Zoomerang at Lake Coumpounds. The Python was just as painful.

Why are Arrow's and Vekoma's coasters so much alike.

Arrow is like a Vekoma wanna-be.

Same, It was the only arrow (rollercoaster) I have been on.

I preety much forgot my first inversion. I think it was the Zoomerang at Lake Coumpounds. The Python was just as painful.

Why are Arrow's and Vekoma's coasters so much alike.

Arrow is like a Vekoma wanna-be.

NO WAY!

arrow had original stuff, the only original things Vekoma did was Ninja at SFOG, and that other in in france, they are all with the boomerang types, and they hurt way more than Arrow.