TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...i'm so confused first i cant even get into the simulator it says it can not switch to 800x600 switch to mode first help me!

What do you mean with into the simulator?

If you can get into the main menu of the sim you can change the resolution in "settings".

If you can't even get into to menu of the sim in the first place I think you should go into your monitor settings (where you change the background wallpaper and stuff). Take a look around and search for resolution settings, put them to 800x600 and you're done.

Hi!

I am discouraged... In the version 1.6, there are some "modals" (examples) coaster. They come with the game. I'm trying to understand 2 things about these, which makes me FREAK OUT when i try to reproduce them!!

1. What are the freaking thousands vertex, or whatever they're called (the little blue balls...). They make the coaster SOOOO smooth...I would like to to some little segments like these but I can't...WHY??

2. Can somebody tell me how to you put track in DIAGONAL and they the are not twisted...I mean that you have 4 "horizontal" construction view, and 1 from the top but when you do a segment for the top, and you put it higher in the "horizontal" construction view, it is all twisted...

PLEASE HELP ME...

I'M FREAKING OUT...

Thanks!!

Jpdupuis

While I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about with #2, I do know the answer to #1. And the hundreds of little segments aren't what make the coaster smooth, they were just built well. And people get that many segments by using the AHG. AHG is a tool that is used to heartline the tracks, and it uses so many little segments so that it can accurately rotate the track around the heartline. Most of the time, when a more experienced user (Such as Loefet [if I remember correctly, he's a handbuilder] or Angrygumball) they actually use segments around 20ft (~6 meters) long.

jpdupuis, I think I understand your problem. To build straight segments on a diagonal grid, just build like normal vertically or horizontally along the grid, then save the segments as an element. Then make a lead part of track at the angle, and insert the element.

Say, for example, you want three bunny hops diagonally along the grid, but you don't want to build them because they won't be straight.

Just build the three bunny hops vertically on the grid so you can see they're perfectly straight. Then select all the segments of the bunny hops, and save them as an element. Let's call it "bunny hops - horizontal." Delete those segments.

Now start a track segment and move the white bars so it's at an angle. Insert the "bunny hops - horizontal" element, and there you go. You now have your three bunny hops diagonally along the grid.

You also can make straight segments with two support nodes connected with a support. Just follow that support with the track nodes.

Ok, jpdupuis, if you want help, slow down, and remember everything your English teacher taught you about sentence structure so that we can understand what you're saying. I am pleased to help, but I have NO idea what you're talking about for number 2.

I don't believe he HAS an English teacher, being from France and all...

Okay, I've downloaded and saved the trackpackager, but I still can't open really themed rides with all that "extra stuff."

I think I need the patch, so I downloaded it, but now where do I put it?

Ok, jpdupuis, if you want help, slow down, and remember everything your English teacher taught you about sentence structure so that we can understand what you're saying. I am pleased to help, but I have NO idea what you're talking about for number 2.

I don't believe he HAS an English teacher, being from France and all...

1. Thank you for the smart @&% comment

2. It was sarcasm

3. How am I supposed to know where anyone is? I don't stalk people on TPR...

^^It might just be a memory problem with your computer or something. I'm guessing you can still open tracks without 3ds and stuff, right?

^Well I figured it out. My computer is set to open trpack files with the editor, so I had to manually select the trackpackager. Didn't even need the patch!

(Before that, I couldn't ride anything with 3ds...)

I think you can but be sure to have a back-up when doing this.

Set the node you have after the ones in the element to 'Set first' in edit. You then save it as an element, put it in a new file by itself then AHG it with the correct settings. After this you lut it back into the coaster then go to edit a press 'connect'. There might be an easier way bu thats how I do it.

I think you can but be sure to have a back-up when doing this.

Set the node you have after the ones in the element to 'Set first' in edit. You then save it as an element, put it in a new file by itself then AHG it with the correct settings. After this you lut it back into the coaster then go to edit a press 'connect'. There might be an easier way bu thats how I do it.

I've learned that that is NOT the way to do it. It often results in banking kinks between elements. And yes, you can AHG an entire coaster, so long as it is open circuit. Eg., Just the track after the lift or launch, up to, (but not including!) the break run. Just put in the values like you normally would, start speed, end speed, heartline, etc., and then you can just plug the track back onto the lift or launch and replace the brake run.

So. I want to save an element in my coaster to put it into AHG.

When I select all the segments of the coaster up to the MCBR, I go into "file", click "Save element" then I save it.

I open a new coaster and try to put the element in. But, the element comes out flat and all the track looks like it had been straightened.

Am I doing something wrong?