TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Screamscape is now echoing the rumor that VF is adding a Mondial Revolution ride that will probably be called Delirium. Plus, Valleyfair will join up with almost every other Cedar Fair park in adding a set of Larson Flying Scooters.

If Flyers, Expect More

My sources tell me that if Valleyfair is to revive Larson flying scooters, they will be accompanied with either a Planet Snoopy expansion, a Soak Cory expansion (likely one funnel slide), or most likely, an additional thrilling flat ride. This thrilling flat ride is rumored to be either a frisbee (rumor is that CF bought 2 and got a deal), or a star flyer. Some have said that Vf would get the new ride that CW got, but my sources have said that this is just a test ride, as CW is CF's test ground.

MillerInsider

Minnesota Screamscape Correspondent

@millerinsider

^Wouldn't the Screamscape information be from this guy..

I'm not saying he doesn't have "sources" and I don't want him to get all defensive because I'm not attacking him or anyone, but 9 out of 10 people in this thread could of named all these possibilities. In fact we have been for months!

If Screamscape and others on this forum are fairly convinced we're getting Larson Flyers and a Mondial frisbee, I am somewhat disappointed. Sure, we haven't had a new thrill ride installed since Xtreme Swing, so the frisbee is needed, but with the likelyhood of a large water park expansion in 2017 once Excalibur is removed, when will we see a new coaster?

If Screamscape and others on this forum are fairly convinced we're getting Larson Flyers and a Mondial frisbee, I am somewhat disappointed. Sure, we haven't had a new thrill ride installed since Xtreme Swing, so the frisbee is needed, but with the likelyhood of a large water park expansion in 2017 once Excalibur is removed, when will we see a new coaster?

To be fair, if we did get a Delirium clone, it would be one of the best rides at Valleyfair in my opinion. I've ridden maXair at Cedar Point and it was a lot of fun, and if a VF version is on the level of maXair, I think it would be better than all of the coasters in the park except Renegade and Steel Venom.

I get that. I am excited for a new thrill ride. I'm just wondering how much longer we have to wait for a new coaster. Not counting the Planet Snoopy kiddie coaster, VF hasn't gotten a new coaster since 2007. We're almost certainly not getting one next year. If 2017 is all about the water park, then 2018 is the earliest we'll get one - 11 YEARS since our last coaster. That's a bit much.

I've felt almost all summer that we were going to get a big flat ride this year. Valleyfair (in my opinion) needs one really bad. X-treme swing always pulls massive lines and I feel like a delirium clone would really pull thrill seekers in. I've been on MaxAir and it's one of the best flat rides I've ever been on. I really think it would be a perfect fit for the park.

I get that. I am excited for a new thrill ride. I'm just wondering how much longer we have to wait for a new coaster. Not counting the Planet Snoopy kiddie coaster, VF hasn't gotten a new coaster since 2007. We're almost certainly not getting one next year. If 2017 is all about the water park, then 2018 is the earliest we'll get one - 11 YEARS since our last coaster. That's a bit much.

But its like the best flat ever made

But its like the best flat ever made

Supercat (when it still had the canopy) is the best flat ride ever made.

Where do people think VF will locate the new Mondial Frisbee? And where will the Larson Flyers go?

The amphitheater spot seems like the most logical location for a Delirium clone (I can't think of any other open spot in the park big enough for one unless they remove something). It would also have good curb appeal there. Driving up to the park while watching it in motion would probably look very nice.

If we get Flyers, the old Chaos spot seems likely since markers have been spotted there, although there are several potential places where they could put it.

Edited by VF15

[To be fair, if we did get a Delirium clone, it would be one of the best rides at Valleyfair in my opinion. I've ridden maXair at Cedar Point and it was a lot of fun, and if a VF version is on the level of maXair, I think it would be better than all of the coasters in the park except Renegade and Steel Venom.

I would have to agree with you on all of that.

If 2017 is all about the water park, then 2018 is the earliest we'll get one - 11 YEARS since our last coaster. That's a bit much.

Yes it is considering the park has never gone more than 9 years in between coasters for the first 40 years. If it goes longer than 11 years people might mistakenly call VF Michigan's Adventure. (Maybe I should be crying instead.)

Screamscape is now echoing the rumor that VF is adding a Mondial Revolution ride that will probably be called Delirium. Plus, Valleyfair will join up with almost every other Cedar Fair park in adding a set of Larson Flying Scooters.

I just checked the screamscape site and I haven't found anything that would suggest that they have been talking about on Mondial. Aside from us having zero evidence towards a mondial (unless i missed something), I think we should say "if" rather than "when." I'm not sure where screamscape is really getting that assumption.

Can someone explain why we are so sure we are not getting a coaster this year? I'm not sure where they would put it, but it's certainly not impossible to find a space (even without going into the back area by Excalibur) - and other than a lack of strong rumors and space, I don't see or know of any reason it couldn't be.

And looking at the park's history, the longest gap in new coasters was 9 years, and the average is around 5 years, so the 9 years since renegade (to next season) is firmly on the side of 'due' for a new one.

Personally, I'd say there is at least a 40% chance of a coaster. Renegade, Steel Venom, Mad Mouse, and even Wild Thing were announced at about this same time in the year. At least Renegade looks like they had not started any construction of any kind until after the announcement was made - though I don't know what we had for rumors ahead of time.

So does anyone have a strong reason to think it couldn't reasonably be a coaster? Or knowledge of how rumors have been for past projects? I'm new here, so there may well be something you all know that I have missed...

with dave's recent post on twitter what if they did a multiple of additions. A delirium,fly scooters,and water park expansion, its the parks 40th anniversary seems the most logical thing to do.Which it did say stay tuned for a HUGE announcement.but with the current rumors flying around as the locations to these new attractions.I feel their are far better locations.delirium shouldn't go in amphitheaters location far too much space for a attraction this size. It would fit better in wild things turn around like skyscraper did. flying scooters should go in scramblers old spot it all ready has a circular foundation.the water park expansion for the love of god please take out looping star ship it has seen its days. plus they cant operate it in the rain and their really is never a line.i would love to see what caraowinds added surfers swell and dorsal fin drop,and with the new entrance of soak city it would round out the park make it complete.4 additions for their 40th anniversary.as much as i hate to say it i rather have a new coaster, if we ever get one.i really think it will be visually stunning to have our new coaster back buy the new soak city parking lot.it will create flow back there.that being said i wished they could just keep excalibur being our star coaster and just give it some RMC treatment. but that will never happen. if they go invert back of the park isn't the right location for that type of coaster.i would want a raptor, phaethon clone in dinos. A afterburn clone in amphitheater chaos location. Something original not the token cookie cutter ones they been building like patriot, sliver bullet. something force full packs a punch. if they don't go invert i would like to see gatekeeper clone in dinos.but back of the park seems more like dive coaster floor less type.but guess time will tell sat when they make the announcement..

Can someone explain why we are so sure we are not getting a coaster this year? I'm not sure where they would put it, but it's certainly not impossible to find a space (even without going into the back area by Excalibur) - and other than a lack of strong rumors and space, I don't see or know of any reason it couldn't be.

And looking at the park's history, the longest gap in new coasters was 9 years, and the average is around 5 years, so the 9 years since renegade (to next season) is firmly on the side of 'due' for a new one.

Personally, I'd say there is at least a 40% chance of a coaster. Renegade, Steel Venom, Mad Mouse, and even Wild Thing were announced at about this same time in the year. At least Renegade looks like they had not started any construction of any kind until after the announcement was made - though I don't know what we had for rumors ahead of time.

So does anyone have a strong reason to think it couldn't reasonably be a coaster? Or knowledge of how rumors have been for past projects? I'm new here, so there may well be something you all know that I have missed...

Because of your second sentence: "I"m not sure where they would put it". And revise the next sentence to read: "It's certainly not possible to find a space."

They can't build a coaster in back until when and if they get the permit. The Dinos aren't leaving next year so they can't built it in front. There's empty spaces here and there, and lame rides here and there, but nowhere even close to big enough to put a coaster unless another Mad Mouse counts.

So does anyone have a strong reason to think it couldn't reasonably be a coaster? Or knowledge of how rumors have been for past projects? I'm new here, so there may well be something you all know that I have missed...[/quotes]

A new coaster takes more than just an off season to build. We would have seen footers going in by now according to Mr. Frazier

Renegade did have work going on before the announcement. Now to say there is no room for a coaster within the current boundaries of Valleyfair is not correct. A new coaster could easily fit in many places as long as it is a custom design and can travel over the midway. Remember Mr. Frazier ran nick u. Just look at what has been packed into that 7 acre space.

I do believe the back of the park will get fully developed once the permit is approved which will open up many possibilities!

Personally, I'd say there is at least a 40% chance of a coaster

Cedar Point considered Pipe Scream a coaster in its countdown to their announcement. So in Cedar Fair's eyes we just got a coaster in 2014 in Northern Lights. So we're not due till 2020 people!

40% chance of a coaster next year? I want $10 on the other 60%..I don't care what the odds are..and I want you to push the button until all of Clark County runs out of paper..

i could had sworn renegade didn't have footers before announcement. but then again its been over 7 years so i really don't remember. frazier wanted to put so much stuff into NU, the owners wouldn't let him.he didn't want the zip line he fought for years not to put it in. he wanted to put more thrill rides and another coaster. this is why i don't understand since hes the GM of valleyfair, why hasn't put in a coaster yet. but then again he hates B&M .so im kinda worried if we will ever get a invert or something from B&M. what has he added in the last couple years. a planet snoopy, route 76, and a water park expansion.i know their trying to fix up the park it was fallen apart before he got their. its due time for a coaster. heck i will be happy if we got vortex from carowinds and put floor less trains on it. at least its something...

I would be ecstatic if we got a new new coaster for 2016, but I think all the talk of not getting one has me not really expecting it. I sure hope Saturday's announcement is exciting, and if 40% is an accurate estimate of our chances, that's not too bad.

If/when we do get a new coaster, I sure do hope it is a B&M. Just from the perspective of B&Ms move a lot of people, tend to be very smooth, reliable, and GP friendly, which has to be a boost for attendance. And maybe with that, it would lead to a more thrilling intamin coaster in our future later on!!!

Just my 2 cents!!

i could had sworn renegade didn't have footers before announcement. but then again its been over 7 years so i really don't remember. frazier wanted to put so much stuff into NU, the owners wouldn't let him.he didn't want the zip line he fought for years not to put it in. he wanted to put more thrill rides and another coaster. this is why i don't understand since hes the GM of valleyfair, why hasn't put in a coaster yet. but then again he hates B&M .so im kinda worried if we will ever get a invert or something from B&M. what has he added in the last couple years. a planet snoopy, route 76, and a water park expansion.i know their trying to fix up the park it was fallen apart before he got their. its due time for a coaster. heck i will be happy if we got vortex from carowinds and put floor less trains on it. at least its something...

Mr. Frazier does not make the finals decisions about what Valleyfair gets. Its up to Cedar Fair. Also, how do you know this info and why do you say he hates B&M coasters?

Cedar Point considered Pipe Scream a coaster in its countdown to their announcement. So in Cedar Fair's eyes we just got a coaster in 2014 in Northern Lights. So we're not due till 2020 people!

This tbh. It's not fair, but it's probably the truth. And it lines up with Dinos leaving around then.