TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love riding roller coasters especialy inverted coasters and looping ones but

sometimes i get scared..........

in a few days i am going to Paramount's great america {cedarfair acualy]

but i need some advice what to do if i get scared.....................

Yeah just get on the ride pull down on the restraint and think "This is the point of no return... atleast for a couple of minutes."

In fact i still get nervous but i don't let it get to me.

I dont think any of the rollercoasters at PGA are really that scary for anyone but if your really worried dont ride demon cause i dont think the restraints are the safest because my restraint when supposedly locked in came two inches off my body and thta freaked me out.

I dont think any of the rollercoasters at PGA are really that scary for anyone but if your really worried dont ride demon cause i dont think the restraints are the safest because my restraint when supposedly locked in came two inches off my body and thta freaked me out.
If they weren't safe they wouldn't let the ride be open. Those restraints are used on all Arrow Multi-loopers (except Drachen Fire when it was open) and are very safe, but aren't very tight in any case (which doesn't mean that there not safe). I went on the Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Great Adventure yesterday, and they use the same restraints as Demon and the ride is more than double the size.

There are still some coasters out there that give me "the fear" only because I am still kind of afraid of heights. Nitro for example, is very tall and takes a looong time to get to the top. A ride like MF for example doesn't bother me as the lift is too quick too notice. Kingda Ka... even better.

The rides are computer controlled with safety systems and backup safety systems. If the computer senses a problem the ride will shut down- it is completely safe, they are designed and tested to be completely safe. You have nothing to worry about.

Or you could look at it this way---

You are about a MILLION times more likely to have an accident in your car on the way to the park than you are on one of the rides in the park, I think that says a lot about how safe they are.

Once you get past your first ride, the rest is cake and it suddenly becomes something that is an absolute rush and extremely fun. You'll probably wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

PGA is a great place to go on your first coaster ever. Invertigo and Top Gun are exciting rides but some will say tame compared to others. For what they currently have for coasters, those two are the best. If you want to start out with something a little tamer, you could go on Grizzly first, very tame woodie. Then step up to a looping coaster, Demon. Again, pretty tame and a little head banging. Then maybe Invertigo. And finish it off with Top Gun. After you do that, I'm betting that you would ride just about anything.

If you can work yourself up to go on Drop Zone, more than once, then you shouldn't have any kind of coaster fear left whatsoever. I wouldn't go on that ride if I were you until you were comfortable with the others first. That thing can really freak some people out. I love it and everytime I ride it just before it drops my heart is racing. But to me it's all fun and excitement and I hope that after you are acclimated to coasters that you will see it that way too and look forward to going on them as do I.

Just do it.

Nothing bad will happen, and you know that you'll love it.

So that's my advice: just do it!

Aren't there other threads already about being scared?

Yeah, i mean just think of it this way (This is how I get ove rbeing scared)

1. People Ride them all day long, they get off alive and nothing bad happens

2. Worst case scenario you either have a headache, something like that, or you just rode Tatsu 3 times in a row because there were open seats and you liked it so much, and because of the massive geforces 3 times in a row, you have some trouble walking. (That was not intended to scare you. That will never happen after one ride.)

3. Why not, you'll probably have alot of fun!

________

If you've seen Final Destination 3 (I havent, but i've seen the roller coaster scene), just remebr that's a load of crud, that's never going to happen ever.

Oh, and by the way, I love inverts and loopers too! Even though i havent been on many other types I like them alot!

My first coaster was S:ROS at SFDL..........

That broke my fear of heights....

And now the tallest coaster ive been on is Dragster....and I can say that I was truly scared when I was waiting in line, and it only got worst waiting for the launch.... and when the christmas tree started glowing.. ( or whatever its called ).. I pretty much just started to scream.....

yes I screamed on dragster, and it was very loud but I dont care...ive never been in a launch that powerfull.