TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

A little on a different subject, does anyone want to take a guess at how many people will be at the Season Pass holders event on Friday?

Andrew "I'm very excited for Friday" Iorio

I don't know, hopefully there is hardly any, but when I went 2 weeks ago there was a MASSIVE sheriffs event, and I would have to say there was definetly over 3,500 people.

You know, this whole Season Passholder event thing could be the perfect time for SFMM to announce a new ride...

Just saying

Nah, they haven't hyped it up enough. Since they've just started making hints on Twitter, I would guess that this wouldn't be announced until October...

...if they really want to get us excited and hyped up for a Tony Hawk clone.

I think all they've done publicity-wise is send out e-mails to their season passholders. That's all I've seen about the event.

But I do greatly appreciate them doing this. It's been awhile since they've done such a thing.

Eric

^Agreed. According to all of you the last one was for X's opening in 2001 so thisis my first season pass holders event. I think this is very good for SFMM to do this and maybe we might get the season pass holder new ride previews back soon?

Andrew "I'm hoping they bring back the early previews" Iorio

^Agreed. According to all of you the last one was for X's opening in 2001 so thisis my first season pass holders event. I think this is very good for SFMM to do this and maybe we might get the season pass holder new ride previews back soon?

I think that's more of a time-wise concern. Like with Terminator, they would've probably had some special passholder event but due to the time constraints they had with the ride's opening, they decided not to organize one.

They had one for X of course because it was such a radically new ride and a prototype for what will hopefully turn out to be a successful line of thrilling coasters in the future. There might only be two in the entire world, but its gotta start somewhere!

Well, I would have hoped so. I went on it for the first time on sunday, nad it was quite the best coaster I have ever been on.

I think that's more of a time-wise concern. Like with Terminator, they would've probably had some special passholder event but due to the time constraints they had with the ride's opening, they decided not to organize one.

They had one for X of course because it was such a radically new ride and a prototype for what will hopefully turn out to be a successful line of thrilling coasters in the future. There might only be two in the entire world, but its gotta start somewhere!

I hope Jay and/or Neal are going to be at the park for at least a little while. It'd be nice to greet them and say thanks for the event and for all they've done.

SFMM isn't THE WORLD'S GREATEST THEME PARK IN THE WORLD, but it's come a long way from where it was, and it's due to the efforts of Jay and Neal and their staff.

Eric

http://www.the-signal.com/news/article/17744/

Senior Center seeks sponsors for 'Magic Mountain 5K Run'

The SCV Senior Center is teaming up again with Six Flags Magic Mountain and the Kiwanis Club of the Santa Clarita Valley for the 18th Annual "Magic Mountain 5K Run" through the amusement park on Oct. 4 starting at 8 a.m.

Santa Clarita resident and Olympic Champion Allyson Felix will be Honorary Chair of the event and present to meet all participants.

The run appeals to both local runners and participants from all over southern California. Many companies put together running teams and promote participation by sponsoring the event.

A sponsor will be included in the entire advance and post run advertising along with a prominent place for their logo on all run shirts and complimentary tickets and paid parking to Magic Mountain on the day of the race.

more at link

^If anything, even though its not the best theme park, it sets a stanard of sorts for roller coasters. Whatever it is that makes a ride different generally makes it a much more enjoyable experience.

Tatsu's custom layout, X2's and Terminator's onboard audio and fire effects to name a few obvious examples.

Plus, the park has made quite a history for the theme park industry. It was really Superman: The Escape that gave rise to Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka. Revolution of course had the first vertical loop, X2 was the first of its kind (as X), etc.

Magic Mountain-Interstate 5 expansion ready

For those of you who regularly travel the areas around Six Flags Magic Mountain, the Valencia Industrial Center and The Old Road, the completion of the expansion of the intersection of Magic Mountain Parkway and Interstate 5, including the freeway on and off ramps, is welcome news indeed.

To celebrate this tremendous milestone, the city of Santa Clarita is hosting a brief grand opening event, open to the public, on Tuesday, Sept. 8, at 9 a.m. in front of Marie Callender's Restaurant.

The city has been the lead agency for this pivotal multi-million dollar project that serves to dramatically improve traffic flow near our major work and recreation areas.

The purpose of the expansion project is to relieve existing and future traffic congestion at this busy area of the Santa Clarita Valley, including measures to improve safety and increase roadway capacity to meet current and future needs.

The city, together with our funding partners, Newhall Land, MTA/METRO, as well as the County of Los Angeles, have worked together with myriad utility companies, contractors and construction companies to expand this important intersection, providing the commuting public with better traffic flow.

This multifaceted and complex three-year project included the reconstruction of the Magic Mountain Parkway/I-5 interchange and the realignment of The Old Road.

more at link

http://www.the-signal.com/news/article/17296/

Things That Go Bump In The Night For An Hourly Wage

Monday, September 07 2009

Six Flags Magic Mountain looking to scare up wandering Scare Patrol.

With the unemployment rate soaring to frightening levels, it is understandable why many job seekers are feeling the need to scream.

Six Flags Magic Mountain may have the perfect outlet for those hidden talents. They are looking for people with unbridled energy, boundless enthusiasm and a bit of a dark side for the annual Fright Fest celebration.

Auditions for a variety of ghoulish positions will be held on Friday, Sept. 11 starting at 5 p.m.

They will be casting actors, dancers, freaks of nature, demented types, action performers and more for the upcoming Halloween season.

Auditions will be held at the park's Human Resources Building off Feedmill Road.

As part of the Six Flags Ghoul Patrol, members will have an opportunity to meet new people and enjoy numerous rewards and events.

The park offers competitive wages, flexible schedules and a wide variety of jobs during Fright Fest.

Everyone is welcome to audition - second wage earners, stay-at-home parents, retirees, teachers and students - Six Flags Magic Mountain has an operating scheduled designed to fit just about any schedule.

Apply online at www.sixflagsjobs.com before auditioning.

http://hometownstation.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17636:magic-mountain-scare-2009-09-03-14-22-&catid=26:local-news&Itemid=97

Six Flags facebook page posted this about a half hour ago ...

Get your 2010 Season Pass starting @ midnight 2nite via special Facebook only link & Six Flags to-the-max for the rest of this year + all of NEXT year + get FREE Papa Johns Pizza

Pretty nice deal considering it is still the beginning of September. Last year I remember it starting around late Sept. Maybe its a 090909 deal.

Yes, Goliath did have fog. And it isn't turned off entirely...occasionally I still ride through it. It's just sort of sporadic. It is a nice effect, though, and I wish they'd have it on more often.

Eric

So does anyone think they will turn it back on because I've yet to ride it with the fog. Anywas I'll see everyone on Friday.

Andrew "I'll see what I'm wearingon Friday" Iorio