TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

"I'd imagine that it still has 15 seats with 1 row of 3 and 3 rows of 4 like the last train." (Six Flags Enthuseast)

From what I've seen, the configuration will be two seats in the front row (well, back row since it's going backwards), then four across in the other rows for a total of 14 riders per car. I believe that's how it is on ToT. Perhaps one of our readers from Down Under can verify that.

You're right, I just noticed in the video that it has 2 for the 1st row and then 4 for the rest of the rows. I'm sure that'll negatively affect the wait time for the front (or back?), since the front row seemed to have longer lines than any other rows and had only 3 seats.

On the contrary, some people might be content with sitting in the second row's outer seats since there'll be no seats in front of them. I know I would.

EDIT: Oh, the two seats are at the back of the car. Nevermind then.

Honestly, I hope that anyone who complains about the price DOES NOT GO!!! That leaves more room for the people who WANT to be there!!

I live up north in the Bay Area, with no car and would have to take the train down there!! Last time me and my friends took transportation to the Mountain, it was the worst choice ever!! We had to wait 3 HOURS for a Metrolink train!! So I REALLY wish I could go!! I've been DYING for the day that I can get to WCB!!

So please excuse me Robb when I tell those people: SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT PRICES AND JUMP OFF THE TOP OF SUPERMAN HEAD FIRST!!!! Oh wait... that would require paying to get into the park, so it might be to expensive to kill yourself!!

TPR doesn't HAVE to do any of this and I would love to see how some would act if all of a sudden Robb announces that there will be NO EVENTS for 2011!! Wont be complaining then!!

The price complaints are ignorant. The best parts of WCB aren't available to the average Joe at any price.

Furthermore, the regularly scheduled offerings that are in any way similar are priced much higher. For instance, the coaster tour at BGW. That's approaching $100 excluding admission and its worth every penny despite not including two meals.

Sorry if you can't afford it, but you know what, I don't know anyone who doesn't have to pick and choose among the options. Complaining that a new 3,000 square foot house, a BMW, a coaster event as cool as WCB or any other luxury is too expensive is just silly.

"On the contrary, some people might be content with sitting in the second row's outer seats since there'll be no seats in front of them. I know I would." (S33S313)

Those were good seats on the original cars, too. If the line for the front was too long, I'd go for the outer seats in the second row.

I took another look at the Superman testing video. If that's the new car, it looks like it only has three rows of four-across seating. I hope it's my vision playing tricks on me.

On another note...I always laugh at the people who go to all the effort to leave the park to save money on food, either by going all the way out to their cars and driving down the hill, or by walking down there.

Seriously, $53. ERT. Two meals. Free parking if you arrive early enough. Exclusive time with park management. You can't beat it. The only reason I'm not going is because of a family wedding. Otherwise, I'd be there in an instant.

BTW...I have an Xtreme Pass, and I'd still pay it.

Eric

Honestly the only thing that bummed me about the pricing was that the shirt wasn't included, not that I won't buy one, but it was cooler when it was part of the package. But, if Robb included it that would raise the price for some people who don't care about the shirt and by splitting it, it gives you the option of knocking ten bucks off. I really can't argue with the event pricing, it is what it is, and aside from there being no passholder discount (not Robbs fault) it still seems like a good price for such a great event.

Honestly after past events the price seems fair, the event is awesome, ERT is insane, good food, and if you don't go you'll be kicking yourself cause you missed it. I mean think of how bad it sucks when Robb's posting stuff from an event that your not at, if you can attend, I highly recommend it.

Honestly If I could afford the airfair from Charlotte to LA and then be able to drive I'd be there in a heart beat. $53 bucks for that is well worth it. that's only $3 more that a day at Carowinds.

Ben "wish I lived on the west coast" Brown.

The price complaints are ignorant. The best parts of WCB aren't available to the average Joe at any price.

I assume you mean hanging out with other coaster/theme park fanatics, playing games like don't spill water on Tony Hawk's Big spin, having coustom audio thats never played for general public on rides that have onboard audio systems, being the first to ride Superman The Escape backwards and being some of the very few people in the world to actully get a good tour of SFMM. It seems like a amazing deal to me.

If anyone complains about the price while attending WCB, just send them to wait on/by the bus.

Honestly the only thing that bummed me about the pricing was that the shirt wasn't included, not that I won't buy one, but it was cooler when it was part of the package. But, if Robb included it that would raise the price for some people who don't care about the shirt and by splitting it, it gives you the option of knocking ten bucks off.

Thank you. And I mean that sincerely. Thank you fatdaddy. I'm glad that someone actually took the time to point that out. Because I went through several scenarios that included not doing a shirt this year, including it, not including, etc...

I figured if the cost of the event was going to be raised this year by the park, then I'd at least not include the shirt to save everyone a little bit of money. I figured more people would appreciate that, but I think you're the first person to give me credit for it.

I mean, it would have been so much easier to just not do the shirt. Now I have to maintain two separate lists this year - people with shirts, and people without shirts. I've never had to do that before. I just had to worry about what size you wanted. And of course people would bitch at me too about that when their size would run out.

I did something this year that's actually going to create MORE work for me, and more OPTIONS for everyone else... It's nice to at least have that acknowledged.

--Robb

From what I've read on Screamscape, it looks like Superman has a bit of a clearance issue with the new cars. Hopefully, they decide to do something more creative on fixing this problem, like possibly widening the tunnel itself and not go the same route that Dreamworld did with ToT2.

747755.jpg.5cdc04cbaf3a099005613b305838daf0.jpg

Just say NO to "Arm Guards"!!

I don't understand why "enthusiasts" are bothered or upset by the price of this event. We of all people who patronize theme parks should understand that it is not the park's job to give away the gate because some of us think we are special and have earned it. You are probably the same people who want every coaster saved and every park to stay open and new rides all the time. All of that is fine but it takes money! Why is it that you are not willing to pay the price for all of the demands you place on parks and the industry? Anyone who would argue that 50-something dollars is too much for access to a closed park with no other guests needs to reconsider. I would pay that at every park if I could! I would also pay it on top of my season pass price, which to be quite honest was underpriced itself.

I love the industry and sites like TPR. I find value in both and don't mind paying for something I am passionate about. There's never going to be a year where I can take advanyage of all that TPR and Club TPR have to offer but I will gladly pay my 50-something dollars to support my passion and those who support it as well. Even if I don't use my club TPR card one time next year, I know that somehow the money that I paid to TPR will go to continue this site and its benefits and most importantly, it might attract more enthusiasts to support the industry. I know it takes time and money for Robb and Elissa to Youtube, facebook, coastertube, Club TPR, TPR, trips, events, and all the other stuff they do. I will never keep up with all of that because it's impossible but I will continue to pay because I just love it!

Okay, this is way too long and I am really not trying to lecture. I just don't understand why some people are not willing to pay 50 bucks for something that they love. That's cheap in my opinion.

I forgot to add that that there is a cool new flame effect right before the first tunnel.

And now to bitch about something. I begrudgingly understand one train ops during the off season and all the other things that ppl like to complain about. What pisses me off though is when they don't take the time and effort to fix the little things that make a huge difference.

Case and Point: The FX in the Riddler's station have been down forever and they just have the regular lights on. The laser setups are still on and the mirrors are still moving, but no lasers. I asked one of the ops what was up with it and he said all the lasers are burnt out and MM doesn't want to fix it. I don't know if he was just BSing me so I'd stfu but either way, its lame that they are down.

Edited by TheErik

I got on Apocalypse yesterday around 5:00 and they weren't making the pre show mandatory. All the doors where open and the ops where encouraging every one to just run through.

When I went to SFMM in November on Black Friday, they were just letting the line continue through the entire pre-show. But when I went later in the day, they made us watch the whole thing. I sure hope that what happened to you stays that way from now on though. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

There is also an on-ride POV video on the SFMM Facebook page. They are already testing with people.

As for the Apocalypse pre-show ... we had to go through it yesterday at about noon, but I wanted to see it anyway.

It looks like they cut out some parts however. I'll post the video in a few minutes. But from looking at Robb's video and what I took yesterday, it looks like they took out the "Remember your families" part in the 3rd room (or I just missed it).

Edited by Sir Clinksalot