TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

it boggles my mind. What could POSSIBLY require a whole year of refurbishment for one ride? They don't even come out and say anything either... so it can't be that big of a deal...

I'm going to SFMM tomorrow and I am just wondering, is there a lot of people on monday? Is it less than the 4th of july weekend (i hope so, it was so bad, there was a 20-50 minute wait for NINJA! NINJA! Seriously WTF??)

Also, what kind of discounts are they doing right now? My friends don't want to pay full price and is it Coke- Cans or Taco Bell coupons that make you pay 29.99??? is it both??

Also, what kind of discounts are they doing right now? My friends don't want to pay full price and is it Coke- Cans or Taco Bell coupons that make you pay 29.99??? is it both??

Check Burger King

I've picked some up there and it's only $27.50 for admission.

No that was a piece of Chang, SFMM will have the worlds only dueling, racing, and spooning, Stand up coasters in the world for 2011

I don't think it's anything though ride pieces at SFMM would of been showed up on the net or on TPR by now I would think.

Also I was thinking would turning the cars around on S:TE delay SFMM ever more from getting a traditional Drop tower, since with the cars turned around on it would provide a face first vertical drop from what they'd claim of 415 feet. I'm wondering if they would have the mind set of We'd have to build a Drop tower of at least 450+ feet or more to make it more interesting the a reversed launched S:TE so why even bother.

Anyways what ever SFMM does for 2011 or 2012 I hope it involves something launched or something Giga but definitely INTAMIN

My opinion is Superman IS a drop tower ride, it just launches sideways. Otherwise why would you have to slam the brakes on after every drop?

^ The "Is Superman a coaster?" question is not a discussion that we will be having on TPR. It's a roller coaster. Deal with it. Any further discussion on this topic will be deleted.

--Robb "That dead horse has been beaten enough." Alvey

Checking in from the park.

Elissa, I can confirm that there are no pieces of track in the normal parking lot. So whoever said there was probably got confused with the MrSix Dance Coaster pieces next to Terminator (if they are still there as I have yet to ride it). Or maybe SFDK is secretly getting something that is going to CHANGe its skyline, and SFMM is only its pit stop that was meant to confuse us

I can also confirm that SUPERMAN IS NOT TESTING. Whoever got the bright idea that it takes well over six months just to test a car going backwards needs to have their brain checked Or at least work on their story so it at least appears logical

I can also confirm that SUPERMAN IS NOT TESTING. Whoever got the bright idea that it takes well over six months just to test a car going backwards needs to have their brain checked Or at least work on their story so it at least appears logical

Actually, Superman WAS testing on Wednesday. IDK why though...

^ seriously cause i was there on wednesday too and i didnt hear anything. I actually took a nap for a while right by the frozen lemonade stand under superman, what time did you see the testing?

It did a couple times in the morning. Only the left side though. Also, something possibly interesting, they're selling Six Flags-Bizarro playing cards in the Looney Toons gift shop right next to the main entrance.

^ seriously cause i was there on wednesday too and i didnt hear anything. I actually took a nap for a while right by the frozen lemonade stand under superman, what time did you see the testing?

It did a couple times in the morning. Only the left side though. Also, something possibly interesting, they're selling Six Flags-Bizarro playing cards in the Looney Toons gift shop right next to the main entrance.

dun dun DUUUNN!!! lol.

I was at SFMM today and didn't notice anything out in the parking lot except cars.

Otherwise, it was sort of a busy day. I arrived about 12:30. After a spin on Ninja, I waited almost an hour to ride Terminator. Dispatches were so slow I thought they were only running one train, but they had both of them going. I rode on Train 2 in the back row and the ride was actually a bit rough. Riddler's Revenge had the sign announcing the availability of the Single Rider Line today, so I took advantage. Also, I stopped at the new Studio 6F to try one of their 106 drink flavors. I got Caffeine Free Diet Coke and added orange flavor. I've already done that at home, so I got it to compare. Orange and Coke do go well together; I never understood why they did Lime, Lemon, and Cherry, but never Orange.

I waited almost an hour to ride X2. The audio on Train 1 was fine going up the lift, but right when it was supposed to say, "GOING DOWWWWNNN..." the sound just cut off and that was the last I heard. The fire was off, too, perhaps because of the big brushfire out west of Palmdale. Strangely, though, Terminator's fire was on.

Eric

^^ Yes they did.

I was at SFMM today and didn't notice anything out in the parking lot except cars.

Otherwise, it was sort of a busy day. I arrived about 12:30. After a spin on Ninja, I waited almost an hour to ride Terminator. Dispatches were so slow I thought they were only running one train, but they had both of them going. I rode on Train 2 in the back row and the ride was actually a bit rough. Riddler's Revenge had the sign announcing the availability of the Single Rider Line today, so I took advantage. Also, I stopped at the new Studio 6F to try one of their 106 drink flavors. I got Caffeine Free Diet Coke and added orange flavor. I've already done that at home, so I got it to compare. Orange and Coke do go well together; I never understood why they did Lime, Lemon, and Cherry, but never Orange.

I waited almost an hour to ride X2. The audio on Train 1 was fine going up the lift, but right when it was supposed to say, "GOING DOWWWWNNN..." the sound just cut off and that was the last I heard. The fire was off, too, perhaps because of the big brushfire out west of Palmdale. Strangely, though, Terminator's fire was on.

Eric

I wonder if I saw you in line for Terminator. Did you wear a grayish-shirt? if it was you, I was the guy in the white shirt with the winged rhino and said, "It's about damn time." or something like that.

And sorry Elissa, I thought you said ride track. I really didn't see anything though. Although on Terminator's lift I think I saw more dance coaster parts than were there when everyone was attending WCB (I was at the park but couldnt attend the event.)

^ I got in line for Terminator about 2:30 and had on a white T-shirt and was wearing a lightweight red jacket.

Also, I did notice that there appeared to be more Mr. Six's DanceCoaster pieces behind Terminator.

About Valencia Falls...I believe that was originally shut off for Tatsu's construction, wasn't it? Or for some routine maintenance.

Eric

This waterfall stuff is cracking me up. I'm officially calling it, "Year of the Waterfalls" and to find out why, just look around at some other fansites and you will understand.

As for the track pieces, last time I went to the park (which was about a month ago now) there were plenty of Mr. Six track back behind Terminator. I thought they'd have all of it there by now....

I got Caffeine Free Diet Coke and added orange flavor. I've already done that at home, so I got it to compare. Orange and Coke do go well together; I never understood why they did Lime, Lemon, and Cherry, but never Orange.

Eric

Discovered it on the TPR Europe trip, but at least Europa Park and the Kiliani Volksfest Fair serve a drink called Mezzo Mix which is a combination of Coke and Orange soda, and yes, it's very good.

From WIkipedia:

"Mezzo Mix is a product of the Coca-Cola Company sold only in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Its slogan, translated into English, is "Cola Kisses Orange". It is basically standard Coca-Cola with a light orange flavor, much like a Spezi, which is usually Coke mixed with orange Fanta.

There were two kinds of Mezzo Mix in the 1990s: orange and lemon. The latter was unpopular and was discontinued, but a lemon flavored Coke entered the market again in 2003."