TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

As long as these trains "work," they'll stay.

The sad truth.

But you know, it's funny how some newer rides (like The Voyage) get new trains so soon after opening. (actually, come to think of it, Colossus did the same thing shortly after it opened).

Perhaps one of these days they will restore the ride. But who knows if or when that will ever happen. Until then, questions like these will still be asked.

Maybe Six Flags should buy the used trains from Holiday World, It worked for LC when the bought the old Wildcat Trains from HP

Sit in the very front row of Colossus. There is an "ok" pop of air right after the first drop.

On a good day, you might get a pop of air on the now-slow-as-hell bunny hops on the return run.

But other than that, there is not really any airtime to speak of on Colossus anymore.

--Robb "Colossus is actually a better front seat ride than it is back seat..." Alvey

On a different note, Has anyone seen land grading behind Johnny Rockets? Unless the new coaster's a terrain, ground prep should be starting pretty soon...

Grading might not be such a big deal depending on the size of the coaster is compared to the old building.

Another good day at the park today ...

Went straight to the back of the park, sat on Terminator for 6 times in a row, then twice on Deja Vu, 5 times in a row on Riddler and 7 on Batman !

then by the time I got down to Scream and Colussus the lines were too long so I went home. Tatsu was closed for half the day just like on Sunday, it was working in the morning but by 12 it was closed and was still closed at 2.30 when I left..

all FX were working on Terminator, the mist is very cool

I will be back tomorrow morning probably to do the same 10.30-2.30 before the crowds pack the place..

I went to the park yesterday and I did the same thing and headed to the back of the park. We hit Terminator and I could here the 3 magic words. I waited until like 2:30 and 8 went to X2. I got there and walked on to X. Overall not the best day but fun.

Andrew "Take The Tunnel" Iorio

I went in the afternoon this time so I could go on some in the dark, good stuff.

I got there about 2pm, went on Viper a few times, Colossus and Scream and Ninja and then when it was dark went on those 4 again

Tomorrow I will be back in the morning and will be straight on Tatsu and then straight to get at least 5 Terminator rides in and then the normal Riddler, Batman, Colossus, Scream combo

I have decided I don't like X2. I wish I could have ridden the original X,..

X2 just breaks my damn legs every time I ride it.

I am trying to make a list of my top coasters in this park and I have realised it is mostly about comfortability for me from now on

01 - Terminator Salvation - perfect

02 - Goliath - great

03 - Scream - little shaky but nice and smooth mostly

04 - Ninja - mostly smooth

05 - Batman - so tight and fast and yet NOT painful !

these don't even make the list

Tatsu - it's just that massive loop that kills me everytime

Riddler's Revenge - my ears really don't like this ride

Goldrusher - knee breaker

Revolution - I like this ride but it is pretty rough

Viper - very rough lately... gives me an instant headache everytime, too slow through the barrel rolls and all your weight is on the harnesses..

X2 - leg breaker - definitely not worth more than a 15 minute wait

Deja Vu - nothing great at all, don't know why it is so popular, when you are hanging there waiting to drop down - painful !

I went in the afternoon this time so I could go on some in the dark, good stuff.

I got there about 2pm, went on Viper a few times, Colossus and Scream and Ninja and then when it was dark went on those 4 again

Tomorrow I will be back in the morning and will be straight on Tatsu and then straight to get at least 5 Terminator rides in and then the normal Riddler, Batman, Colossus, Scream combo

I am trying to make a list of my top coasters in this park and I have realised it is mostly about comfortability for me from now on

01 - Terminator Salvation - perfect

02 - Goliath - great

03 - Scream - little shaky but nice and smooth mostly

04 - Ninja - mostly smooth

05 - Batman - so tight and fast and yet NOT painful !

these don't even make the list

Riddler's Revenge - my ears really don't like this ride

Goldrusher - knee breaker

Revolution - I like this ride but it is pretty rough

Viper - very rough lately... gives me an instant headache everytime, too slow through the barrel rolls and all your weight is on the harnesses..

X2 - leg breaker - definitely not worth more than a 15 minute wait

Deja Vu - nothing great at all, don't know why it is so popular, when you are hanging there waiting to drop down - painful !

you have very different opinions then i do.

my order would be for top 5

1) X2

2) Tatsu

3) Terminator

4) Goliath

5) Scream!

The only difference between X2 and X is the paint job, fire effects, audio, and lighter trains. Frankly, if you didnt like X2, you wouldnt have liked X at all

Blasphemy! The 124ft pretzel loop is the best frickin part!

Well yeah I thought most people would disagree on my X2 opinion, to me it is one of the worst things in the park yet it is the most popular !

and Tatsu is a great coaster, just the pretzel kills me it would have just scraped into my top 5 if I didn't just about have a heart attack every time .

Anyway, I am off to ride Terminator now as many times as I can without getting off.. So far I think 7 is my highest

I am no expert on all the tech. aspects of coasters. I just remember Revolution being thrilling before those ear-busting restraints and Colossus before it became herky-jerky rough and so slow you almost have to get out and push it along. Half the wood is faded out or red. I remember the 'big three' at SFMM said a few years back they were going to restore both of these for the 30th anniversaries but I guess that fell by the wayside.

So, I've been wondering for a while, which side is Colossus' Right Side and which side is the Left Side? Is it whichever one is on the Right/Left as you're entering the queue or when you're sitting down on the ride?

haha, I was wondering that as well I believe it would be where the station is but i don't know.

^ Go during Fright Fest and both sides run. In fact, oftentimes the two operators will try to time the rides to race.

As for which side is which, even though I've ridden since Year One, I don't even know, even though I should by now.

I will be at SFMM tomorrow, so I'll see if anything new is going on there---if anything. And maybe I'll ask someone at Colossus which is "A" side and which is "B."

Eric