TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Revolution even has an ACE landmark sign in front of it that states it was made by Schwarzkopf.

ACE Plaque

I like the Deluge idea. The good thing about Magic Mountain is when they add things to the park, they're typically bigger and more advanced. Perhaps we'd get the worlds largest Deluge water ride, with a longer, faster launching unit.

This is going to be a fun year at MM. Can't wait for Spring!

^I called it launching. You call it propelling. I think you're being a bit technical, its the same damn thing!

The LIM's push the rafts on the uphill so it makes it over.

A push from magnets whether you're at a standstill or already moving doesn't make a difference. You feel the boost of the LIM's while you're on the ride. What's so wrong with calling it a launch?

^ Deluge doesn't "launch", it goes down a traditional drop, but then is propelled up the hills with the magnets or whatever.

how could one of those water slides fit in flashbacks spot?? would that mean getting rid of those small water slides (the one with the inclosed straight down green slide. because isn't flashbacks old spot pretty small so it would have to fit in just that spot right??? or do you think MM will just use that spot for storage and nothing else... and also use psyclone old spot just for storage. and one other thing how far in advance does mm announce new rides (seems very slim that anything will happen in flashbacks or psyclones spot in 08

^ Keep in mind that even though Flashback's track was compact, the queue line wrapped around one side of the coaster and the exit pathway wrapped around the other side. There's a nice chunk of land there.

^I called it launching. You call it propelling. I think you're being a bit technical, its the same damn thing!

The LIM's push the rafts on the uphill so it makes it over.

A push from magnets whether you're at a standstill or already moving doesn't make a difference. You feel the boost of the LIM's while you're on the ride. What's so wrong with calling it a launch?

Nothing wrong with calling it a launch. From how your post was worded, to me it sounded like you thought that the ride started with a launch section, so I was just trying to clear any confusion about that. But yeah, it definitely launches/propels you, it's subtle but definitely really cool.

how could one of those water slides fit in flashbacks spot?? would that mean getting rid of those small water slides (the one with the inclosed straight down green slide. because isn't flashbacks old spot pretty small so it would have to fit in just that spot right???

Deluge is pretty compact and self-contained and could easily fit into Flashback's spot.

Deluge is pretty compact and self-contained and could easily fit into Flashback's spot.

but do you think anything new will go into flashbacks and psyclones spot in 08 most likely in the 09 season... or will they both be used just for storage

I have this really odd feeling like 15 years from now people will talk about Flashback like it was the best coaster on earth and SFMM committed some sort of sin by destroying such an amazing ride.

I give it a year. ACErs/enthusiasses love to yammer about coasters that are gone and people cannot ride any more, and especially love to talk about how amazing they were. Just another form of immature bragging.

The yammering will last a lot longer than a year. How long has Drachen Fire been gone yet you still hear constant bemoaning about it's demise like it had been the second coming of coasters? I agree it's more about bragging rights, both these rides were obviously crap and destroyed for good reasons. Had they actually been any good, the parks would have easily found a sucker to unload these piles on when they were for sale, and they'd still be operating somewhere. The fact that both weren't worth anything more than scrap metal to anyone speaks volumes.

I have this really odd feeling like 15 years from now people will talk about Flashback like it was the best coaster on earth and SFMM committed some sort of sin by destroying such an amazing ride.

I give it a year. ACErs/enthusiasses love to yammer about coasters that are gone and people cannot ride any more, and especially love to talk about how amazing they were. Just another form of immature bragging.

The yammering will last a lot longer than a year. How long has Drachen Fire been gone yet you still hear constant bemoaning about it's demise like it had been the second coming of coasters? I agree it's more about bragging rights, both these rides were obviously crap and destroyed for good reasons. Had they actually been any good, the parks would have easily found a sucker to unload these piles on when they were for sale, and they'd still be operating somewhere. The fact that both weren't worth anything more than scrap metal to anyone speaks volumes.

True (again I never rode it) but it's sad (to me) to see something that someone worked so hard on designing and building from concept to paper model to 1/16 scale metal and or wood model to contracting a builder to riding it. At one time it was someone's baby.........But then again so was the AMC Pacer.

^This is the part where you discover the difference between things that have feelings, and things that don't.

I just don't see the point about feeling bad about seeing rides leaving that sucked. It was beat up, used, uncomfortable, an eyesore for years.

If anything, its out of its misery.

Oh, there I go again, giving a tower of scrap metal feelings...

Six Flags can always honor the late Flashback by calling the new waterslide---should they go that route---"Splashback."

Eric

I like that idea, they could paint it blue with white supports, and at the end an uphill incline section that you coast down backwards to a stop. Like the Patriot at Wild Rivers.

Of course I guess that would be more appropriate if it replaced one of the Flashbacks that are Vekoma Boomerangs.

^ I would guess the exit unless they split the entrance ramp into two sections. But Flash Pass still doesn't make sense for Gold Rusher---or for Scream! for that matter.

The only rides I use it on are Tatsu, Batman, and Goliath.

Eric