TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Does anyone have an idea about the crowds for this week? It is possible that my family will be visiting either this Tuesday (23) or Friday (26). Is the week of Christmas a busy time for them?

It's going to be packed. I went on the Monday before Christmas last year and it was so busy the park had to extend hours. All the major coasters were 60+ minute waits, and even the second tier coasters had mostly full queues (that's the only time I've ever seen the lower area in use on Gold Rusher). In the whole day we only managed to do six coasters (YOLOcoaster, Batman, Apocalypse, Tatsu, Riddler, and Goliath) plus Lex Luthor. If you want to go one of those days, a Flash Pass will be required in order to do everything.

also, it's also bring a friend for free Mon, Tue, Wed. i know i went last year and can't remember how it was. or i went when they had the snow globe you could take a picture in. was that last year?

Does anyone have an idea about the crowds for this week? It is possible that my family will be visiting either this Tuesday (23) or Friday (26). Is the week of Christmas a busy time for them?

It's going to be packed. I went on the Monday before Christmas last year and it was so busy the park had to extend hours. All the major coasters were 60+ minute waits, and even the second tier coasters had mostly full queues (that's the only time I've ever seen the lower area in use on Gold Rusher). In the whole day we only managed to do six coasters (YOLOcoaster, Batman, Apocalypse, Tatsu, Riddler, and Goliath) plus Lex Luthor. If you want to go one of those days, a Flash Pass will be required in order to do everything.

also, it's also bring a friend for free Mon, Tue, Wed. i know i went last year and can't remember how it was. or i went when they had the snow globe you could take a picture in. was that last year?

Well I'm glad I asked. Thanks guys. We decided not to go, and plan to go sometime after New Years.

^^^^ Good plan, it will likely be a much better visit than one this week. I was there the second Sunday of this January, it was a beautiful day with light crowds. Only Tatsu and YOLO consistently had any significant wait. (this was during X2s extended downtime). Got in an 8-consecutive-lap mini-marathon on Apocalypse in the early evening before I had to give up my row.

Incidentally, that marathon ruptured the screen on my Kindle e-reader which was in my pocket. Guess I should have left it in the bins.

It seems like Tuesday is going to be a very windy day... should I expect a ton of ride closures like yesterday (Sunday)?

I hope not **tries to hold back the tears so desperately trickling from my eyes due to the deep sadness and despair of hearing such news**

but in all seriousness, I think its ridiculous they would even CONSIDER closing gold rusher and the orient express on a windy day! I can understand closing ninja, X2, ft, or superman, but wow sfmm....

My brother said that Legoland CA is very busy on Christmas week. So if LLC is very busy this week, the same can be said about Six Flags Magic Mountain. My brother said that the 26th is the better day to go because it is a rest day after Christmas Day while the 23rd is way busier because a lot of visitors are coming in town to visit families and have a plan to do something before Christmas Eve.

Plan on any amusement park to be insanely crowded for the next 2 weeks!

Supposedly between 7-20MPH winds tomorrow at SFMM, to go or pass?

I'd pass unless you have the option of rescheduling or don't mind a shorter day with a lot of closures.

Very interesting I saw that SFMM has posted an employee outside the gate to validate gold passes before you even get in the gold pass line. Wonder why they're doing this..doesn't the pass still get validated when you're scanned in the gate? Are they really having a problem with people sneaking in the early entry?

Very interesting I saw that SFMM has posted an employee outside the gate to validate gold passes before you even get in the gold pass line. Wonder why they're doing this..doesn't the pass still get validated when you're scanned in the gate? Are they really having a problem with people sneaking in the early entry?

I believe its to help those who are confused to whether its for all passholders or gold only. ive overheard people in line more times than I can count asking what the line is for and if they can get in with just the regular thrill pass.

Kudos to SFMM for actually doing something good on the operations side.

The gold pass guard wasn't working so well yesterday. The park had 30 minutes of early entry for all passholders and used the gold pass area as the queue, but the guard at the front wasn't permitting regular passholders to enter the line and was telling them to use the regular lines. I saw a number of guests with regular passes get turned away. I'm guessing someone found a supervisor since one showed up about five minutes before early entry and told the guy to let all passholders in.

Having a guard is a good idea, but they need to be informed when something special is going on. The guy at the entrance yesterday seemed to have no clue there was any kind of early entry and that it was for all passholders.

did anyone go today, seems like it's dead according to the coaster guy.

Looks like he said the 3rd lot is almost full... does that mean the lot past Scream?

oh, my bad. i just saw some of his pics, and talk about all the re-rides. must have been early when he got in. 3rd lot is crowded, imo. 1 and a half is decent.

used to love those days way back when they kept the park running full time through september. the lot on the weekdays wouldn't even fill the first section. more people at costco, on a slow day. lol

Place was packed. Parking in the gravel or dirt lot. Plenty of buses running to main gate so non issue getting to front of the park from gravel in a timely fashion.

Don't forget its a Bring A Friend free Mon-Wed this week the 22nd-24th for season pass holders.

Wind came up around 1pm very slight and X2 was still running at 4pm under stronger winds.

Place was packed. Parking in the gravel or dirt lot. Plenty of buses running to main gate so non issue getting to front of the park from gravel in a timely fashion.

Don't forget its a Bring A Friend free Mon-Wed this week the 22nd-24th for season pass holders.

Wind came up around 1pm very slight and X2 was still running at 4pm under stronger winds.

Thanks for the update, looks like tomorrow is going to be very windy (more than yesterday/Sunday)... so I think I will change plans and go for Wednesday instead of Tuesday. That would really suck if all the rides stayed open and the park ended up being empty I'm a little surprised X2 kept chugging along under the stronger winds. Curious to hear a report for tomorrow...